Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Is there any information on the pug casting at this stage?

Jason Momoa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

That's not merchandising, that sand worm is a flat out sex toy.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

I see the first two books as pretty much equal in quality, with a slow drop-off afterwards that leads to a nose-dive when the Sons of Herbert take over.

The first book, along with many other plots, is about Paul's ascension into godhood through spice, religion and prescience. What is god, and can man understand or even become him?

The second book is a mirror of the first, but in the complete opposite direction. How does one go about killing an omnipotent god?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

I'm skeptical that even the second half of this movie will get made, given Blade Runner's performance. The first half will likely be a epic and beautiful bomb, leaving people to wonder what could have been. It'll be Jorodowsky's Dune all over again.

That said, I'm probably more interested in seeing Dune:Messiah adapted to the big screen than the first novel. Face dancers, stone burners, the Tleilax, and omnipotent intrigue all backdropped by an unstoppable holy war.

It takes the themes of the original, turns it on it's head and somehow amplifies the crazy all the way to 11.

e: Gholas.

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 5, 2020

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

I'm scraping my brain for my fantasy pick of Padishah Emperor, but I'll be goddamned if I can think of a better casting than David Lynch.

"Plots within plots? WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BUSTER"

e: "Paul Muad'dib, have you heard of transcendental mediation?"

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 6, 2020

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

It's bullshit like this that started the Butlerian Jihad.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

I see nothing that dashes my foolish hope we'll see David Lynch as the padishah emperor.

Goddamn, that armor.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Just loving LOL at all these petty costume complaints.

The wardrobe and armor rules.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Denis Villeneuve is playing Sting, 100% nude.

Moreover, he insisted he direct the film in-character as Sting.

He did it in lieu of payment.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Show us the worm Villeneuve you despicable coward.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

At this stage the lack of promotion just seems suspicious.

What is Villeneuve trying to hide from us?

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing were a con, with a little bit of the money going into photoshopping a few stock images, while the rest of the millions are dumped on French Canadian hookers and blow.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

I guess what Steven Seagal has really showed us is if you don't die as Feyd-Rautha, you live to become Baron Harkonnen. a sandworm

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 1, 2020

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

https://theplaylist.net/dune-sneak-peek-inception-re-release-20200616/

We have wormsign!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Worm ho! Worm hoooooo!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Show us the goddamn worm already.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Couple of leaked images today, pretty low quality so they're probably ripped from the teaser that's supposedly playing somewhere.

So teaser soon, don't spoil yourselves.

e: Trailer confirmed Sept 9th

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 26, 2020

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

G-III posted:

I fear because I was imprinted by the Lynch dune at a very young and tender age that I won't be able to accept these new costume designs as anything but kinda dull.

If Dr. Yueh can break his programming so can you.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Oh boy, I'm just so tired of all these DUNCs.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Hearing someone besides Brad Dourif recite the mentat mantra is going to be off-putting and loving wild.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

So that's what looking at a cinematic equivalent of a stone burner looks like.

Gleefully blinded.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

What if Dune was...in color?

Piss Dune.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Nice trailer, but where's Sting Feyd-Rautha?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Leave the gun, take the spice cannoli.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Abner Assington posted:

he really is the perfect casting for Duncan Idaho, isn't he?

My head-canon imagined a fairly nondescript but superbly competent and loyal guy for Duncan, but hell I'll take the beefcake version too.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

GlassEye-Boy posted:

https://youtu.be/lvIasUKWgYs

Short behind the scenes with some additional footage not seen in the trailer.

The best part is Oscar Isaac basically saying, "gently caress Star Wars this is the new poo poo".

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Dune Harder

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Well there goes any hope of the sequel.

Or cinema surviving past 2021. Who thought this was a good idea?

As a customer I've overjoyed. As a cinema enthusiast who wants evermore- I'm more than slightly concerned.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

HBO Max just ensured we are far more likely to see a butthole cut of Dune than Dune II.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

The thread has peaked. The Kwisatz Haderach walks among us in comment form.

Further discussion has been rendered moot, kill it.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Men are meat.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Xealot posted:

I didn't remember that. Did the orgies get gay?

When everyone's in a stillsuit- what does it matter?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

kaworu posted:

Lynch also happens to be a heterosexual man who is largely totally ignorant and unaware of homosexuality and its trappings, and as such tends to deal with it insensitively (if it all).

I have no idea where you're getting this, but I can assure you you're way off base here.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

In veering us slightly back into topic- test screenings have confirmed that neither Fayd nor the Padishah Emperor will be showing up in person in the first part.

Continuing with the tangent- if a miracle happens and part two is made, anyone besides David Lynch as Emperor is grave miscast.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Also I need Feyd-Rautha to be a digitally de-aged David Lynch who instead of being keen with a dagger, he just talks everyone's ear off about transcendental meditation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

Mr. Villeneuve, do the right thing you coward.