Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
So is Feyd actually not in this thing?

Kurzon posted:

And there aren't very many Amish around, aren't there? It's not exactly a very popular way of life, is it?

So naive…

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/thefreethinker/2019/08/watch-out-america-the-amish-are-taking-over-slowly-but-surely/

quote:

DUE in part to their opposition to modern birth control and the value they place on fertility, the Amish are one of the fastest growing populations in the world – and new research indicates that in 215 years, their numbers could be greater than the current population of the United States (327.2 million)

The Amish are coming for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Forktoss posted:

Thinking about what this movie picks up from the Lynch version that isn't from the books, the Baron flying around with his floaters is a Lynch thing, isn't it? In the book he has them to make him lighter, but I don't remember him straight-up hovering in midair at any point.

That’s good, I know some things are trimmed in any adaptation but cutting Feyd seemed like a weird choice.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Martman posted:

I recall some pretty straightforwardly on-point comments from Leto II basically saying liberalism leads to aristocracy and that there's something gross about hiding hatred as opposed to the "in your face" reactionary or whatever (not that the latter is better). I dunno it seemed surprisingly reasonable... maybe I haven't reached some weird part in Chapterhouse

The real cringe is Frank trying way too hard and in very weird ways to Figure Out The Gays

You could probably just extend that to his views on sexuality in general. It’s all pretty weird

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Except in real life, of course

At least Bradbury got out clean