Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Yeah, from what we've seen of the casting it doesn't make sense that they would consolidate those two. I imagine we'll get some dialogue about Feyd in the movie and he'll be cast in the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Dune can only be successfully filmed as a rock opera.

By who? (Don't say Toto)

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
I'll bet you could put together a Pink Floyd play list that would jive pretty well.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm not sure what children of dune does honestly. It's mostly just 600 pages

It introduces Leto II, who is kind of the tragic central figure of the whole saga. If they do a third movie I really hope that they blend Dune Messiah and Children of Dune.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

That's exactly what it did and it was pretty solid too aside from some really odd casting decisions like the new guy they got for Stilgar, but also James McAvoy/Julie Cox/etc. are really good in it.

I thought James McAvoy as Leto and Alice Krige as Jessica were great. I agree that there isn't enough in either Messiah or Children to float a movie each, but I think that between the two you could make something that audiences would engage with. Really though, all I want is for a major studio to say gently caress it and try to adapt God Emperor. What an epic poo poo show that would be!

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
She's also passing information to/from Stilgar's group. She alerts Jessica that there's a traitor in the household.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
After watching the movie I re-read the book. I really feel like they missed a natural script que by not ending the film with Jamis's funeral and the Muad'Dib naming ceremony. That's going to feel super weird coming at the start of Part 2. Also, I wish that they had included the Arakeen dinner party scene in the film. That was such a fun little set piece, and does a lot to flesh out the setting and the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Yeah, I enjoyed the movie, but the more I think about it the more I think the major changes / omissions work against the quality of the story.