Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Another nice Baron moment: "christ, feyd. Stop trying to off me for one second and consider all of this is all for you"

That and head-baron didn't really seem that bad to have on tap, if you were already half-gone anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Just started Heretics and I was going to say it's fine so far but then I remembered the bene gesserit liberals.jpg speech happened very near the beginning and who are these liberals that apparently kept owning you so thoroughly over the past 10years, that's not how leto would have referred to himself.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

The actor for Paul is not a good choice and that drags it down.

I watched it today and while he's too old I think he did pretty well for having to do sensitive-moments-while-beefcake, like Jamis' death and prophetic dreams.

Feyd was having a blast. I looked the actor up, apparently after a dry patch he moved home, went to community college and became a nurse/physician assistant, so that's nice.

I remember when we had to rent dvd players out from the video store, I think this and maybe Princess Mononoke were like half of the selection available.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Just remembered Kynes' last scene, naked and delerious in the deep desert 'gently caress you Harkonnens, my work is not yet done! ... Oh dear a spicebloom' was kind of hilarious.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Getting near the end of Heretics and thought it had been pretty much on par for everything else, but just got to the "how many forms???" sex-nunnery and Miles Super-Teg, which is interesting just because its a character actually off on an adventure that isn't a pre-ordained mystical experience. Except it is because he's just evolved and everyone he meets is a secret agent working on his side. Or is he still under the t-probe? Let's find out! If anything I was sad the Tleilaxu got one chapter establishing them as a major old power and then like everything else they're quickly put in their place.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I like how you never really get to know Emperor Shaddam, while Paul and Irulan have opposite assessments of him, both probably valid.

Not really related but this made me think about how much I liked Farad'n's little arc, from youth who'd rather be reading, to just about getting a feel for politics and power, before falling instantly under the sway of Jessica. It pairs nicely with the later books and Miles and/or Duncan talking about how once you're in the BG's orbit there's no way out.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

... I must put the ducal signet where Paul will find it...

e pictured: maker hooks admitting abrasive sand into the more sensitive interior

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

If Leto shouldn't recall those who died in battle, there's a chance he was also the killer, or killers, and possibly holds many more perspectives of any witnessed incident so he can probably build up a fair picture