Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looking forward to a lot of bad walking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

lynch's dune is unquestionably a disaster but its also insanely close to being a masterpiece.

The Count Fenring of movies

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I liked the part of the book where Teg goes super saiyan then spends like eight hours at an all you can eat buffet because calories exist and he burned a million of them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neo Rasa posted:

Was that the part where like while he's there some dude's babbling to him for hours about his new plant house and how it's taking too long to grow and then it ends with him just getting sick of everyone and massacring everyone?

I don't remember that but I wouldn't be surprised

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The "prescient trap" is a pretty clever way of locking Paul down.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Payndz posted:

Gonna be fun for the studio publicity guy who realises he has to find a way to sell a story that's essentially 'the rise of Mohammed, and Islam's Jihad against imperialist capitalism' to the Star Wars and Marvel crowd. How far will "...but with giant sandworms!" go?

Wow! Cool sandworm!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

All in on worm

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally got to watching it but man they made weird decisions in what they changed. loving gorgeous though

Tbh I'd have liked keeping Kynes around if they were making an actual character there, the actress was great lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Philthy posted:

movie starts with worm thing with tiny arms and human face on a cart

time skip motherfuckers

No plastic dick no sale

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leto II gluing a little plastic dong to the side of his giant worm body just to see what would happen if someone notices is my favorite gag in literature

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

kalel posted:

I followed that link to another variety article that just released today: Denis Villeneuve: ‘Movies Have Been Corrupted by Television’ and a ‘Danger in Hollywood’ Is Thinking About ‘Release Dates, Not Quality’

he's right of course but I hope he doesn't poke the bear too much. that's basically a direct calling out of david zaslav

I know writers who use dialogue and they're all cowards

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"What's in the box?"
"Chocolate."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Scags McDouglas posted:

One of the interesting parts of the prequels is that Mohiam asks the Baron for sperm and he rapes her as a gently caress you, and in retaliation she looks through her inventory of contained diseases and gives him the incurable one that turned him into a fat disgusting blob. Before that he was fit. Also now you know the fun story of how Lady Jessica was conceived.

Well don't like that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Carpet posted:

Thinking again about that jump cut from Paul saying he is no Messiah, to Stilgar exclaiming to his buddies that that is exactly what the Messiah would say, further proving his divinity

This got a big laugh in my theater

Film owned but I thought a lot of the changes were odd, though reasonable. rip murder baby

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kull Wahad

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's not so much flourishing as it is surviving. He's such an Ultra Hitler that the second they can everyone gets the hell out of dodge and makes sure no one else can follow them or know where they went, ensuring humanity's proliferation and survival indefinitely

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Then what's the point

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bright Bart posted:

Is Christopher Walken somehow much more charismatic and beloved than it seems? Did they need a weak emperor and saw that Paul would not be that? Or did they accept that the emps was garbage but went 'Me now. Now me emperor! Not Paul. Me!'?

Atreides is rear end in a top hat. Why Harkonnens hate?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I read the synopsis of the books that Brian Herbert wrote to resolve things after Chapterhouse. I only knew about the dogshit prequels.

lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ULTRASPICE

e: Seriously read this bullshit

What the gently caress?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 14, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Monica Bellucci posted:

If Villeneuve had balls, it would be Dunc.

I thought this the exact moment he said it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nucleic Acids posted:

gently caress you

Kull Wahad