Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

My impression of Leto is that he's ok I guess, but that he seems vastly more concerned with being seen as a serious artist than he is actually doing anything that warrants that description. He just seems like someone who thinks going method, or whatever he thinks method acting is, is enough to qualify as good.

My favorite Leto trivia is the time he gained 70 pounds and gave himself gout for a movie absolutely no one cares about or remembers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm still not entirely sold on Momoa.
Dude's hot. But he needs to be "So hot women cum just by watching him scale a cliff" hot.

He's there.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Titanic rules.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Titanic is genuine, there's nothing pretentious about it. People liked to poo poo on it for awhile as some kind of backlash for how massively popular it was, but it's been long enough now that it's time people face the truth: Titanic is good.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Yeah, the producers were pissed when HBO first announced they were doing a same day streaming release, but that's still the plan according to the most recent news.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's weird because in some states it's close to over and others the pandemic is raging as bad as it ever has so it's a state by state judgement whether going to the pictures will be safe or not. I'm lucky to be in one of the states closing in on possible herd immunity so it's not really a risk to go but if I was in Florida or some poo poo I'd be as housebound as ever.

I'm in one of those states where no one gave a gently caress to begin with because of "freedom" and I've had coworkers tell me they're not vaccinated because the vaccine doesn't actually prevent you from getting it, it just masks your symptoms but you're still contagious so it's actually more dangerous to get the vaccine.

So yeah, I will be watching this from the comfort of my living room.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

"adult beefswelling in his loins"

I'm never going to be able to forget this phrase, thanks a lot :mad:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Ammanas posted:

i genuinely dont get why he doesnt put on some weight. he lost it after interstellar and seems dedicate to looking 15-19 years old

Hordes of women and presumably a decent amount of dudes think he is the pinnacle of beauty and sexiness. His image is being the skinny dude, a muscular version of him would be weird. I don't see him taking a role in a Marvel movie and getting swole anytime soon, although that would be pretty funny.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

“Stocky” wtf, she just weighs slightly more than 100 pounds. Is your girlfriend actually a modeling executive from the 90s?

Anyway, Florence Pugh always kills it so I’m very much looking forward to seeing her and Christopher Walken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Everyone remembers the Fatboy Slim music video, but Joe Dirt was my introduction to dancin’ Walken.

https://youtu.be/YkeOr720S5w?si=O3GtV6iUlwkvg9RE