System Message

The forum store is down for maintenance and should reopen in the afternoon/evening (Central time). Thanks again to all the beta testers!
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Bald guys hate it when you do that to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

[futuristic lamentation music]

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

Trailer talk, Anyone else think that last shot of Paul's visor coming up looked really bad? Like his head was just floating inside the helmet.

It was totally a "Hulk in Infinity War" moment.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

I wonder how many reference to oval faces there will be.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Automatic Slim posted:

Will we get singing from Chalamet and Brolin?

https://youtu.be/ILAJiOi0KWk

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

I have seen two main branchings along the way ahead--in one people keep talking about COVID in this thread. The thought of this path and what lay along it sickens me.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Movie was good. They made the Voice seem really creepy. I wasn't too enamoured with the score and I wished it had been done by anyone other than Zimmer.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Re: the plot twist in the middle in the book it's hilarious how everyone dismisses every red flag regarding Yueh over the course of like 6 chapters. It works better in the movie because he only has four lines before that part. Also strengthens Thufir Hawat's main character trait which is being bad at everything

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Unfortunately no, but they've added throat-signing DJs, which I'm about to add to the wiki.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Have they stated what will be in the first movie? I feel like this could be where the two are cut. Paul kills Jamis....is given the name Usul and Maud'Dib....and then embraced by each member of the troop.

Thoughts? Seems like it would be a natural pivot point.

The movie ends just after that fight.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Did they? It still said who will be our next oppressors here.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

There were definitely two or three scenes that could have been better lit. For example, in the dining room scene the bull trophy looks like it was shot with a phone camera in a poorly lit room.

Spermando fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 21, 2021

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

No, and neither was the man-spider.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

kanonvandekempen posted:

I came here to ask about that, is it implied to be doctor Yueh's wife?

I don't think so because the Baron says 'join her' as he kills Yueh, implying that she's already dead

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

There isn't, but they also removed the element of paranoia and suspicion in the palace.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Shadout Mapes sounds like a late Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog character.

Help me settle an argument. How does the Baron survive the dinner scene? Some guy in a group chat says he saw his shield break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Bedshaped posted:

Can someone who's seen the movie or read the books explain what in the everloving hell that spider thing was?

Just a creepy thing they added to make the Harkonnens seem more creepy and otherworldly. In the book they're just regular people.