Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Payndz posted:

It worked in House of Cards (the British original; haven't seen the remake).
It works in the remake too, at least the first few seasons. It's a rare enough approach that I found it refreshing really.

Pretty pumped about this movie. I liked Lynch's version well enough for how fascinating it was but couldn't get into the series too much. Villeneuve would've been my top pick for a Fine movie based on his recent track record so I think this is gonna own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised he hasn't figured out Stable Diffusion yet

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just finally got to watch it yesterday. I dunno, it's good? Just like the first part, really liked it. If there's one thing that bothered me is the pretty abrupt 180 at the end, I don't recall how it's been handled in the book but it didn't feel like Paul's motivation there was sufficiently explained to go from 0 to jihad like that:

2house2fly posted:

Finally got to see this, pretty much exactly what I'd hoped for and expected after the first. I guess if I was to criticise, the ending has Paul just kinda choose to initiate the jihad he spent most of the movie trying to avoid, but then he was mind broken by worm juice and finding out his true heritage and drunk on power by that point.

Are they actually making the third movie? IIRC after the first part there was even doubt they'll finish the book. Now I really want to see the next part!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

banned from Starbucks posted:

You inappropriatin' yo stillsuit filtration device by attemptin' fornication wit it!
Look at us now, rolling around Fuckbutt, Arrakis, in a stillsuit that smells like three days of piss and ball sweat!