Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

More Dunc in the trunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

Yay for part 2

Boo for October 2023

Just enough time to fully become a Duncspert, an expert of Dunc.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Noob Saibot posted:

What species is that spider thing? Is it from the books? What does it do?

It slurps.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Alright, who do you all have for Feyd, beautiful Feyd?

Harry Styles? Bill Skarsgard? Steven Yuen? Ezra Miller?

Some CG bullshit over some random actor’s face, creating a young Kyle McLaughlin.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Kanye seems right.

Emperor Travis Scott in Batman costume

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Curious about the black and white scenes.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Me and my boys doin a jihad.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I started reading Children of Dune.

I read Messiah a couple years ago and quite enjoyed it. A breeze to read while still being weird in the way I like.

Kind of dreading this entry, just wanna get to God Emperor, hoping it doesn’t turn into a chore. I wanna see the worm-man.

Solid 1st chap though.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Opening night I’m gonna bring a bucket of sand in the theater and every hype moment I’m gonna whip sand all over the place. Everyone's gonna love it.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Lol though at (major spoilers)

On god?

I have a skeptical friend who understandably hates unresolved films. Across the Spiderverse, Dune Part 1, frankly I get it. Paying a ticket and not getting a proper ending. I had reservations about praising part 1 for this exact reason, but at least I knew where Dune was going, so I told him that he could go into this expecting a complete story. Is this movie not the full Dune book? Yes, I’ve read Messiah and know how things turn out. I’m just wondering if it actually feels like there’s a conclusion here.

Are we expecting something more like Empire Strikes Back (downer ending but a full story)

Or something like Across the Spiderverse (wherein we literally just stop the picture at X-hundred minutes)

Also welcome to Dune week everyone. I’ma be on that spice all week.

https://youtu.be/7AmeFr6GnZs

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 26, 2024

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Owww we want the Dunc.

Gotta have that Dunc.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Chieves posted:

So how is Wonka and Dune II as a double feature?

Or Dune 1 - Wonka - Dune 2 as a triple? :getin:

Wonka Dune Wonka Dune Wonka. Cinema Big Mac.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

MeinPanzer posted:

Man if Denis makes a good Dune Messiah down the line the series would have to be up there with LotR in terms of pulling off miraculous book-to-film adaptations.

He better go crazy designing the Tleilaxu.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I need a meme where Tim Meadows is in the bathroom from Walk Hard and he’s got glowing blue eyes and he’s saying ‘it’s the coolest drug there is’.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Scags McDouglas posted:

As a person that read every book, think of the invaluable service I'm providing to repel anyone from reading the prequels.

What’s your take on Chapterhouse and Heretics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Monica Bellucci posted:

I HEAR LETO DIES IN THE END

Nooooo