Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Neo Rasa posted:

The best part is how as they leave they all sort of turn around in unison as if they're all going to bow or otherwise acknowledge the emperor in some way but then they just turn around and continue to leave. It's such a great half-assed like, way to acknowledge the emperor while insulting him at the same time.

I dunno, it makes sense, CHOAM are the ones that truly hold the power in the universe since their Navigators are the only ones that can fold space. They are pretty curt to the emperor every time they see him and it makes sense, he has one job, make sure the spice keeps flowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Actually the Spacing Guild that controls the Navigators is separate from CHOAM.

looks like I need to brush up on the lore again, I don't mind reading a favourite book another time

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

This is probably just me but I'm not sure I understand why Duke Leto is wearing armour when he, and the other higher ups in the House, should have a shield belt on at all times.

Armour seems appropriate for the rank and file because even in the year 10,131 that sounds needlessly expensive to give everyone a personal shield

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

It did give us the Sonic Tank in the Westwood games and that's a good enough reason for me

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

hey if Mickey Mouse can still be under copyright even though Walt has been dead for over 50 years I won't hold anything against a foundation suing someone over something like this.

reminds me of what happened with Blurred Lines but I think I wanted that to get poo poo on because it's such a loving awful song

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Man not only does Nolan want Tenet out ASAP but Inception is gonna hit the theatres again as well? I guess he did live long enough to become a villain

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

You can't fool me, that's clearly a giant eyeball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Seems appropriate, you get program notes at the opera, it's a space opera so bam -> program notes for a movie :downs:

I will admit that the first time I read Dune I was referencing the appendices and glossary every other page, though not really because I needed the info, it was just really cool to have things like ecology notes right there for you to reference whenever