Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cunc on Dune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Rando posted:

It's over-stylized to the point of no longer being recognizable language but for some reason I dig it. Too bad it's a fan-made thing.

It's kinda elegant in its simplicity, using the same symbol for four letters. If the book were called Duen, you'd just have to turn the symbol clockwise.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

My takeaway from Jared Leto chat is that he is the actor equivalent of Triple H. Guy is a 7 but acts like he's a 9 so he comes off as a 5.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

mennoknight posted:

Oscar Isaacs looks PERFECT

When does he ever not look perfect?

What's that? Apoca-what?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

He and Cotillard did Assassin’s Creed because it was directed by the same guy they had just done Macbeth with. Also it was pretty decent

And I remember reading that the director was pretty much obligated to make AssCreed because they wouldn't have let him do MacBeth otherwise.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I want to see Tarsem Singh do some big budget high concept sci fi. Not necessarily Dune, but something definitely Dune-esque.

Is it too early to remake Game of Thrones as a sci fi trilogy?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

phasmid posted:

So a trilogy that traces the fortunes of feudal families in a space setting?

Sounds like it has potential, maybe add some sort of conflict.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

What if the protagonist is secretly a bastard and is actually closely related to his own worst enemy?

All Royalty Are Bastards.

ARA no wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Yes thank you for coming, my son's birthday party is that way.