Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

This movie sucks, it doesn't even come with a bunch of ugly, overpriced plastic garbage I can jack off on in my basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

NO!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

It would be a financial disaster in the cinemas. I wish they would release it for streaming and then do a cinema release whenever.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

Titanic is a great movie with basically no flaws.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

Humans are the video games of the Matrix machine society.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

So I didn't have to dig up that grave and kidnap a priest before writing my book on Charles V?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

Prolonged Panorama posted:

Again, seriously? The Lynch version is like a student film in comparison - it exists because it's in the book, but nothing really happens story-wise for any of the characters. We just run through the beats (and slavishly book accurate dialogue) in rote fashion. In Villeneuve Paul actually masters the pain, turns the tables on Mohiam, and she falters, wondering what she's awakened. Literally every aspect of the new version is superior - performance, set design, cinematography, script, communicating Paul's pain, his relationship with his mother. And it actually serves a story purpose in Paul and Jessica (and Mohiam's!) journeys. Here, watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrW_8M3xJow

The Lynch version was better imo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

I hope in the sequel the worm steps on some people

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

Love to see the same people arguing that the Lynch Dune was stupid or some such poo poo coming up with galaxy brained ideas like "the Baron should turn Yueh's wife into a spider and then barbecue the spider and then eat the spider"

This is the dismal face of the crimes the Villeneuve sycophants and sociopaths want to perpetrate on culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

🦅🤠🏈🗽🍕⭐🏳️‍🌈

Soiled Meat

Pedro De Heredia posted:

That's psychological cruelty. Not "turning someone into a spider."

It's me, Yueh! Your wife! Dennis VIlleneuve has turned me into a man-spider!