Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

I'd also suggest that being a neophyte director, Lynch didn't entirely understand what a production of Dune's nature entailed when he took the job. Once he started working, I imagine it quickly became clear that he was expected to be less an individual artist experimenting with his canvas than a general organizing and marshaling hundreds of troops to fight a campaign. It's a type of filmmaking that is wholly alien to Lynch's own strengths and interests, and I imagine he lost all passion for the project pretty quickly. However, his deal with De Laurentiis meant they would finance his next project and quitting could potentially kill his career (not to mention welching on an agreement would be conduct unbecoming of an Eagle Scout), so he soldiered on, delivered the film, then put it behind him and focused on projects that were far more personally and artistically satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU