Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
Why is this a movie. WHY?

lovely garbage like foundation is already guaranteed 20 hour long episodes, but here all of hollywood's best and brightest are trying to cram a massive space history narrative into 150 minutes and change.
The concept of 'cinema' has never seemed more pointless and obsolete.

I'll come back to binge this show when it's finished. So, what then, never? This is a prologue in the guise of an event

Even as an adaptation it was pretty bland. Like, competently executed, but unimaginative. Too literal an adaptation, against Lynch's surrealism. I got nothing from Skarsgards Baron, and we barely get any time at all with the vast majority of the Duke's entourage - somehow the pacing is so hosed that the film feels rushed and cramped at the same time, blasting though plot necessities to go ultimately nowhere. The result is flat, bland, and shallow - a stage play stretched across a very obvious greenscreen.

I was pretty hyped for this, but I am deeply unconvinced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU