Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm genuinely baffled as to what's supposed to be happening in this scene when Rabban walks in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGc7DRJi0#t=7757s

What the gently caress is going on in this room?

Has anyone mentioned here that Lynch and Sting intended him to be completely nude in that scene, and the G-string prop was really built in minutes when the studio told them they couldn't do it?

I was just about to mention that. As a lover of spectacle; especially the too rare full frontal male nudity, I am quite disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

habituallyred posted:

All the little chapter headers are great, and most of them are from hagiographies written by the princess that Paul marries at the end of the book. But at the end of the book Paul says something like, 'I heard Princess [name] likes history. I hope its true, because she is getting the contractual minimum from me.'

Actually it was Jessica who says it at the end. Basically she and Chani are watching Paul make his power play at the end of the book and Jessica sees that Chani is starting to feel like Paul is casting aside and is all like "lol you're gonna cuck the poo poo out of that spoiled bitch."

It's the first sign that the later books are going to get super horny.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Think Indiana Jones.
Also towards the end of God Emperor, a woman has an orgasm watching Duncan scale a cliff.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Strom Cuzewon posted:

It's been years and years since I read em, but don't the later books imply that the Tleilaxu were mucking about with the thousands of years worth of clone cells they had from him? Or is that only in the KJA abominations?

I do like how mundane Idaho is. He's just a chill dude, and every godlike superhuman needs a chill dude to be chill with.

Yeah the Duncan in Heretics and Chapterhouse is supposed to be ghola made of the cells of all the other Duncans.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Also a big part of the second part of Dune is that Paul realizes that no matter what he does he's going to be the face of a giant violent genocidal war.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

PeterWeller posted:

That's already a thing in Dune itself. There's a point where Paul realizes that the only way left to stop the coming jihad is to kill Paul and every last one of his followers and believers, and that is simply impossible.

yeah, that's what I'm referring to.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

I'm still not entirely sold on Momoa.
Dude's hot. But he needs to be "So hot women cum just by watching him scale a cliff" hot.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Yeah, Segal would be a more subdued Baron Harkonnen who is just having liquified Xanax constantly pumped into his bloodstream.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Also I think I said it before but I'm like 97% certain that he was a massive juicer back in the day. It would explain just about everything about him and just what the gently caress happened to him.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

hump day bitches! posted:

Seagal on the juice? That's a new one I haven't heard before.Arnold and Stallone were into steroids (Sly still is ) but Seagal never looked or gave the juiced vibe.I don't think the best I have seen him looking is "thin".

Well first there how he runs or rather used to because let's be honest now. Nobody who has ever ran for cardio runs like that. Then there are the reports of his erratic behavior like Rob Schneider talking about how Segal could go from talking to him about how spiritually fulfilled and at peace with himself to screaming at an assistant about killing "whore ex wife" in a heartbeat. Which could be mood swings as the results of steroid abuse. Plus there's the fact that most of his roles these day are acted from him sitting in a chair, which could be the result of just the steroids taking their toll on his body years later.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

So I just rewatched for the I lost counteenth time and not to know Villeneuve but if there was one director I would love to see handle Dune it would absolutely be George Miller. Dude's obsessed with The Hero's Journey, who better to turn it upside down?

EDIT: goddamn I can be dumb.I rewatched Fury Road if that wasn't obvious.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 30, 2020

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Yeah that was a ferp on my part. I meant Fury Road.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that Indiana Jones' nane is ment as a tribute to the character.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

I don't have any real proof. I just know Jorodowsky's plan for his Dune movie plus the novel had an influence on the original Star Wars.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

WarMECH posted:

Action figures of the main characters is dumb baby poo poo for babies.

Give me a 1/12 scale 3rd Stage Guild Navigator floating in a tank of spice gas to mount over my fireplace or a life-sized Little Maker I can drown in the bathtub to make my own Water of Life.

Games Workshop has you covered there.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Technically he inherited the planet through nepotism.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Well you can fit cannon into a discussion of the Brian KJA novels. In that they should be fired out of one.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

And then Feank Herbert forgot that for the last two books.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

From what U remember his son who didn't write was gay and the two never had as close of a relationship as he did with Brian as the two of them would have liked.

I take God Emperor's attempt at adressing homosexuality as a misguided attempt and showing support for his son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

I'd say bring back Sting.

And this time don't pussy out on the dong shot.