Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

I thought Dune was going against Avatar 2 this winter but it looks like Avatar 2 got pushed back to 2021.

EDIT: VV Does anyone now?

Joe Chill fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

I liked how the miniseries took a more theatrical approach, it just felt more appropriate.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Ingmar terdman posted:

I forgot how completely horrific the last chapter is - the upper echelon of commerce, politics, and religion all helplessly screaming "what the gently caress have we/they done"

It's way more like the last scene of Rosemary's Baby than the Star Wars medal ceremony. Can't imagine they end a major two-film story on such a grim note but it'd be cool if they did

Its unsettling at in the end of Dune everyone in House Atreides compares Paul to his grandfather, not to Leto. You get the idea Paul's grandfather was not a good dude. Plus the double comparison with Paul's OTHER grandfather...

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Gaj posted:

Imma spend some time re-reading them, when does this happen? Like post killing Sting or when hes just running Taliban across Dune?

It starts before the duel with Sting iirc.

Page 770 in my edition:

"Am I my father's son?" Paul asked.

"More like your grandfather's," Hawat rasped.
"You've his manner and the look of him in your eyes."

The comparison is made a few more times around that part.