Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
Listening to Hans Zimmer's score now and it's okay. I mean most of his scores are okay (sometimes really good). I know he scores pretty much everything but you know I wouldn't be opposed to some newblood composing some movies for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

LesterGroans posted:

Can't remember if this was posted, but it's relevant

https://twitter.com/SecretsOfDune/status/1453386528378458132?t=LzOsZbvvZr1f-wCNl_M1DQ&s=19

I did really like Brolin's Gurney, which was a tall order after Patrick Stewart. Not as impressive as Momoa making me like Duncan for the first time ever though.

I like how they never touch on Duncan's surname as it's just to silly to take seriously. Also I hope they adapt Messiah to give Paul and hopefully complete Paul's character arc. The more of the books they adapt the more liberties they'll have to take though, I don't see nor do I hope to get a faithful representation of Leto II on the screen as I don't see that playing out well with audiences.

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

Cacator posted:

Wasn't the Terror supposed to be good? Never read it but heard the show was alright.

Can confirm that The Terror is quite good. The only caveat is that I came to the book via the TV series, which was stellar, so I was already onboard for the novel. Coming to the novel having not seen the TV series I can't really say whether anybody would enjoy it or not.