Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I still wish an HBO series had been made of this. The book(s) are perfect for prestige TV and I could see it being a big hit ala GoT. And like GoT, there's just so much world building and exposition necessary that a feature film just doesn't cut it. I'm glad to see it's being divided into two, at least.

Also it's interesting that the casting for Feyd is being kept a secret. Though maybe that's because he doesn't even appear until part 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

In a post-Epstein Trump world, the Baron makes sense to me.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

SHISHKABOB posted:

I watched The King on Netflix with Timothee Chalamet and I wasnt exactly impressed.

I thought he did well. He's kind of a shrimpy, boy-ish looking guy who nevertheless can speak with authority, and assuming that wasn't a double in all the fight scenes, he can do that pretty well too. Nothing to get super excited about but he'll be fine as Paul

The King's writing didn't exactly give him primo material to work with, either

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Sucks that Poe Dameron defected to the stormtroopers

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

gently caress the haters, this poo poo looks cool. It's going to be fun

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Spermando posted:

[futuristic lamentation music]

yeah this was the worst part for me. the monochrome pallette, whatever, it's an aesthetic choice and not necessarily a wrong one. There's no reason Dune has to look like fuckin' froot loops.

But goddamn this faux-arabic ululating is in everything and I'm so sick of it

Ramrod Hotshot fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is it good?