Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Thick-fir Hawat

These look dope, if the shot of Chani is any indication the blue eyes effect from spice consumption is going to be more subdued than the other adaptations, which bums me out but is almost certainly the right call.

These are pre-fx set stills, so if they're touching up the blue with fx we wouldn't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The guild rep with the emperor in Dune is explicitly identified by Paul as a Navigator, so the mutant thing was a bit of a retcon. Presumably to the ones in Dune being early-stage and mutants late-stage.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They might have avoided it just for an eye towards if this succeeds enough to make the sequels - they cast someone as Duncan, a relatively minor role in the actual Dune 1 book, with an appropriate star to be a main character in a high-profile sequel, after all. (Although to be fair that describes just about all of the cast). Combining the characters would've caused problems further down the line.

Also, killing Idaho helps with the scale of destruction of the initial loss - otherwise the only major character you lose when Atreides falls is Leto himself.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 14, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

phasmid posted:

Jason Mamoa dying halfway through the movie is going to have people upset. Then nerds gonna be :smaug:

It'll be at the very end of Part I, won't it?

I wonder if they're going to just call the next one Dune Part II or give it a subtitle.

(Well, it won't be part II, fancy movies call it Volume II or Chapter II these days)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Last person 'with' is a super-important credit. I'm actually surprised he got that, I would've thought it'd be Oscar Isaac or Bardem.

EDIT: Oh, Rampling, Momoa and Bardem all got joint Last Billing.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 15, 2020