Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4108 days!

FBS posted:

I'm down with this if it means a good box office and we get Part 2

if they delay it ten months and then cancel DUNC 2 I'll be loving pissed though

I don't believe theaters will survive that long. This holiday season dry-spell is going to kill them. Absolutely. And they won't get bailed out either. Or at least, nothing looks like congress will bail them out. Airlines get bailouts. Entertainment doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation

well why not posted:

COVID hasn't hit that hard here, wish they'd release it where cinemas are open.

It would bomb like Tenet bombed. They can't risk that again.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

lol Tenet is on its way to making its money back

it's gonna be in theaters for like a year. just like titanic except it's actually good

Apparently not. https://observer.com/2020/11/tenet-box-office-will-be-boosted-vod-sales/

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation

VanillaGorilla posted:

Folks are right that this isn't a mass market blockbuster, but it is absolutely the best film adaptation of Dune and I hope the rumors that HBO guaranteed Villeneuve that they'd let him do Part 2 are true.

At this point it would be the only way to get a second part, because the HD version leaked online a couple of days ago and there's still a few days until it comes to theaters/ HBO Max. Very sad.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation

Lutha Mahtin posted:

wikipedia says box office receipts have already reached about 80% of the $165 million it cost to make

Usually you have to double it with marketing. Let's hope for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation

Hodgepodge posted:

Doesn't that depend a bit if we're playing with 'Covid rules' where a poo poo box office performance is gold?

Not really sure how much of that is just saving face for PR in the first place though.

Covid rules don't really change the budget, though.

Partial Octopus posted:

I thought Timothy did kind of a lovely job as Paul. He just had this vacant, out to lunch look on this face the entire movie. Very monotone too.

I completely agree. He cries pretty because he is pretty, but he does not do a good job of displaying much more emotion than this.