Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I love BR2049 but it is an absolute trip watching the difference between Leto and Gosling. Gosling's character has like, 15 lines of dialogue throughout the entire movie and just sells his character's emotional state through his body language and facial expressions in a way that looks effortless. When he finds the wooden horse and his entire world just shatters. Then AGAIN when he finds out he's not the child at all...

Meanwhile, Leto is putting in so much effort and just gorging himself on the scenery and it lands with a impact of a wet fart. I hate that dude. Luckily he doesn't ruin the movie because he has much better actors to perform off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Dune knowledge havers: why does everyone else have setting appropriate names but then there's a guy named Duncan Idaho, which if I didn't know better was the guy that founded Idaho Potatoes.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Zero chance a 1984 sci-fi movie martial arts fight would have looked good without giving something like Shaw Brothers stunt people 100% creative freedom with fight choreography and months and months to train and rehearse.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Denis don't miss baby.

I'm one of those weirdos that has loved the past 10 years of movie trailers having spooky/moody covers of classic songs. They've all been bangers. Even Dark Souls III got in on the action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZvKFWT3XLo

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Is this musical cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g18jFHCLXk&t=125s somewhere on the soundtrack or was it written specifically for the trailer?

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
No thoughts, head empty, only Arrakis.

Christ I absolutely loved this movie. Oh I'm sure I could nitpick some dumb bullshit if I really wanted to but why bother when there was something so well crafted? People have said it before I think but I haven't felt this way since seeing Fellowship of the Ring for the first time. I'm gonna get an HBO Max sub and watch it again this weekend lmao. I LOVE MOVIES.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Baron von Eevl posted:

also Neuromancer isn't that great

Chiming in to say how utterly wrong and incorrect and bad this statement is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
She got that Voice that booms

That dark Stillsuit

You know I saw in a future vision oh-oh

B-B-B-Bene Gesserit