Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I'm still excited but that trailer had a bit of a YA movie vibe to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

It actually means exactly the same thing as now and he gets the same people who think they're the funniest gently caress that ever lived with their potato jokes.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Probably be something terrible like dune rising or shadow of dune

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Remember Dune 2000 with William Hu- oh never mind he dead.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Cacator posted:

Please tell me you get to colour in Sting's cod piece.

Mistah Hurt... He dead?

nah but his name was the only one on the cover and he dies like 10% of the way into the miniseries

also I swear to god I remember him being the only person on the cover and it was called dune 2000 but I can only seem to find the video game with that title, some mandela effect poo poo.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I might be wasted but this was the poo poo, we'll see if it holds up on a dead sober watch through.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I hope the second one is a break dancing competition, preferably at a ski resort.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I know they generally suck these days but for some reason I watched the angry joe review of this, and jesus christ it's like none of them even watched the movie, they somehow all 3 collectively forgot they explain what spice was in the first 10 minutes of the movie, and then use it as a criticism.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 23, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I'm surprised at the number of reviews that seem to have forgotten Dune 2000 was a thing.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

reminded me of that song from super troopers.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I thought it was kind of funny how after watching this where people are drinking their own sweat and piss to stay alive in the desert, I watch the new ep of Foundation and the emperor is just like "we're building water machines on this desert planet so its all good"

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

gohmak posted:

That show is utter trash and has nothing to do with the books.

yes I'm aware I've been to the foundation thread :rolleyes:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Finally decided to check out Sicario, I think I sweat out all 3 rum and cokes I was drinking while watching it.

edit: aw poo poo I hate when I start a new page

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

Sicario was very good. I read some of the plot for the second one and immediately thought “Well I’m not watching this poo poo for sure.”

Yeah I'm not really that interested in the sequel, it was already a good complete movie, but you know how everything needs to be a cinematic universe. I heard they're planning a 3rd.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

drat that sucks, I didn't think we'd be doing the 2 year skip in real time, but hey at least it's coming out.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Automatic Slim posted:

Samuel L. Jackson.

please no, I'm so Sam Jackson'd out,

also it should be Charles Dance

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

dreffen posted:

Also known as Paulo, from :lost:

of NIKKI AND PAULO!?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I was drunk and live messaging a buddy about the movie while watching and I still caught that.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Eason the Fifth posted:

If Villeneuve gets the go ahead to make Messiah as the third in the trilogy, Paul walking blind into the desert would actually be a great ending to the series.

Was it messiah or children where Alya cucks duncan, something about it just seems hilarious with Jason Momoa, head baron all like "look at that priest isn't he super hot don't you wanna break off a piece of that" her being like "nah have you seen my husband? Baron plz!"

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

"Today, credit scenes are one of Marvel's main draws for their "films"" :wtc: hell it's probably true, gotta consume that next product

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

stev posted:

I really want to watch it again. Shame it's not on streaming platforms in the UK - I doubt I'll get another chance to see it in a cinema any time soon.

On reflection it's crazy how prominent Zendaya was in all the marketing when she's straight up barely in the movie. Her and Dave Bautista are casting choices that could leave some people scratching their heads - without the context of Part Two it feels like two huge name actors being totally wasted on bit-parts. I suppose it's a natural casualty of splitting the story in two but it feels really odd to watch - most movies would find something for those characters to do to justify including the actors.

It was like how William Hurt was marketed up the rear end in the Dune 2000 mini series, and is prominently featured on the DVD cover, then he dies before the first part ends.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

stev posted:

They barely get mentioned in the movie tbf. I'm starting a re-read now (for the first time in well over a decade - I don't remember it so good) and it's shocking how much exposition there is towards the start that the movie sort of just skips. A lot of it is stuff that's conveyed better onscreen rather in dialogue but there's definitely some worldbuilding missing. I'd say they didn't have time to cram it in but I guess they could have cut five or six Zendaya visions.

I wonder if that was the original intent but Zendaya went all diva and said he had to include everything she filmed.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

There's a driving scene in prisoners which did this to me too.

drat I just watched this it was really good too, you talking about the bit at the end with Loki in the car with the daughter? because if so, agreed.

also totally not the prisoners I was expecting, I was expecting a prison movie.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

maybe the spider represented the Baron's fear of being controlled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I liked em too, it was cool to hear something besides Amazing Grace or Scotland the Brave on bagpipes.