Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
As someone with next to zero knowledge about Dune apart from trying and failing to play the 90s game as a kid, I thought the film was awesome. I liked the minimalism, and some of the scenes were amazing. I was absolutely in awe at the harvester scene, holy gently caress you could really get a feel for the sheer size and power of the sandworms. The scene on the other planet where the Harkonnen dude was recruiting the elite soldiers was super cool too, that weird as gently caress chant/throat singing thing made it super atmospheric.

I really hope part 2 gets made because I love good weird sci fi. I also bought the book too so I can actually finally get round to reading it all.

Aphex- fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU