Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gluehuffer69
Jan 16, 2020

by Lowtax
I don't know how you can be older than 15 and think anything would happen. People gather up in these dumb little dick measuring groups constantly for decades. The last one used to be called the Tea Party. poo poo never happens, these guys aren't the ones going around shooting people. They just like to cosplay, stand for something, show off their poo poo, and go home.

Statistically you gotta be afraid of weird little white kids with no friends (these guys here are out doing a social activity so disqualified) and people in gangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

VikingSkull posted:

theres no such thing as borders

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

gluehuffer69 posted:

I don't know how you can be older than 15 and think anything would happen. People gather up in these dumb little dick measuring groups constantly for decades. The last one used to be called the Tea Party. poo poo never happens, these guys aren't the ones going around shooting people. They just like to cosplay, stand for something, show off their poo poo, and go home.

Statistically you gotta be afraid of weird little white kids with no friends (these guys here are out doing a social activity so disqualified) and people in gangs.

I don't know man, stuff seems to have gotten a lot sharper edged since 2010. There was this little thing that happened in Charlottesville a few years ago too.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

gluehuffer69 posted:

someone ended up dead the last time these idiots had a big get-together

I agree that was unlikely to happen here. But not impossible

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I don't know man, stuff seems to have gotten a lot sharper edged since 2010. There was this little thing that happened in Charlottesville a few years ago too.

Yes that one murder is surely relevant in a country where there are 16,000 murders per year.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Here's a good essay comic by Nate Powell about the rising prevalence of paramilitary aesthetic and the weaponization of ego and identity on the right

About Face

Kazak fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 22, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a faded Punisher shirt that I bought years ago and now chuds took it over. :(

Which is hilarious because the Punisher kills cops who he finds incompetent and corrupt. And cops are the people who Tread on You.

The ignorant contrast of their beliefs is absolutely stunning.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yeah guys there hasnt been an uptick in armed hatecrimes since 2016 this is just boys being boys, marching around in tacticool gear

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Kase Im Licht posted:

Yes that one murder is surely relevant in a country where there are 16,000 murders per year.

Cool, the mother of Heather Heyer can be reached at INFO@HEATHERHEYERFOUNDATION.COM. Why don't you copy/paste that post and send that her and see how she reacts to your sober insight.

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001

Stex T posted:

Cool, the mother of Heather Heyer can be reached at INFO@HEATHERHEYERFOUNDATION.COM. Why don't you copy/paste that post and send that her and see how she reacts to your sober insight.
This is about the dumbest argument I've read in this extraordinarily dumb thread.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have a faded Punisher shirt that I bought years ago and now chuds took it over. :(

Which is hilarious because the Punisher kills cops who he finds incompetent and corrupt. And cops are the people who Tread on You.

The ignorant contrast of their beliefs is absolutely stunning.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Kase Im Licht posted:

It’s relevant to murders happening at chud gatherings since it happened at a chud gathering, dumbass

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Kase Im Licht posted:

I'm sure you're very regarded, I'm confident that you're regarded as hell.

Dipshit.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
frankly if i owned a genocidal number of guns and someone mocked me outside my own safe subforum i would roll my head back at the sky and laugh till the mountains echoed with my guffaws but apparently i'm just special

gluehuffer69 posted:

poo poo never happens, these guys aren't the ones going around shooting people.

yes they are

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I thought those 3 guys they just arrested for terrorism were planning on going to the rally.

I mean, it's like Trump. Yeah even though you didn't end up doing it you were still going to. So that's a crime.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kase Im Licht posted:

anywhere there are a bunch of loaded firearms there is a higher danger of gun violence. do you find that difficult to understand?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Kase Im Licht posted:

"Many people die, therefore, don't have any concern when a loved one gets run over by fascists" is a pretty wild take, Mr. Degrasse Tyson.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
people itt seem really fuckin disappointed that people did not do a violence while legally protesting against stuff they did not like

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
:roflolmao: legal protest :lol:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Coolguye posted:

people itt seem really fuckin disappointed that people did not do a violence while legally protesting against stuff they did not like

I was promised civil war by the right wing media if Trump was impeached. I'm just tired of empty promises.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coolguye posted:

who seems disappointed, point them out for me

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

it was cleared with the police in advance and they had all the proper permits, yes it was legal

Play posted:

who seems disappointed, point them out for me

the slippery slope folks on this very page come off as very disappointed that a violence did not happen to support their point here

which is a false point to begin with in this case because the black panthers also showed up to these protests:
https://twitter.com/beastyb08/status/1219722904813867010

i am heartily for locking up right wing dingbats that do a violence forever but i will not be so online as to be disappointed that they did not do a violence

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
some goons can't let go of the past

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/Gq8CZrj.jpg[[/timg]

others embrace the future
https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey/status/1219263988208291840

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Coolguye posted:

seems like the troublemakers were weeded out beforehand

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2020/01/19/news/arrest-canadian-connected-neo-nazi-extremists-reveals-plans-violence

thats probably why

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

The crowd chose to meet on Virginia's official Lobby Day, they followed all designated no-gun area edicts, they didn't attack anyone or vandalize any property, and they cleaned up all their refuse at the end of the day. By all accounts the demonstrators that participated followed all laws. It's disingenuous to criticize them for peaceably assembling to voice opposition against proposed legislation if the plan was also to criticize them for being violent reactionaries if something had happened. Citizens didn't like a specific set of bills put forth by a state legislature and freely assembled on a day the state asked them to in order to voice that grievance without incident. That's all that happened.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If your protest was cleared by police, you aren't protesting poo poo, you are just stating the status quo.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Keep in mind it's the Virginia police as a whole that put their foot down and refused to cooperate with any proposed measures to seize all guns in the state. Which instantly put a stop to all plans to pass a door to door raid of Virginia citizens way before this.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

weird how the Black Panthers and LGBTQ+ activists don't have any pictures where they're holding firearms of any sort
almost like they don't feel safe being openly armed when in a group of people that historically does not support their right to exist, despite being in agreement with them regarding the subject in question
:thunk:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oldskool posted:

weird how the Black Panthers and LGBTQ+ activists don't have any pictures where they're holding firearms of any sort
almost like they don't feel safe being openly armed when in a group of people that historically does not support their right to exist, despite being in agreement with them regarding the subject in question

yikes ok buddy

have an interview

https://twitter.com/mobeycash/status/1219374696895926272

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

It's disingenuous to criticize them for peaceably assembling to voice opposition against proposed legislation if the plan was also to criticize them for being violent reactionaries if something had happened.

That was definitely the plan, it's always the plan, by either side, because that's political discourse in America now.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That guy is my Black Friend (tm)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ah poo poo i'm owned
https://twitter.com/ScottPresler/status/1219336166287331329
https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1219311529444761600

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

That guy is my Black Friend (tm)

did you just try to dismiss a black man's voice by calling him an uncle tom

jesus dude, bad look

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

No I did not

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ok great i am glad i was wrong about that interpretation

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

oldskool posted:

and from the march Monday

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the black panthers are literally the reason why california has draconian gun laws lmao

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
FYI, if you're going to the next insane gun rally and you need a token POC to justify your protofascist insanity, hit me up. I'm totally your guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

VikingSkull posted:

the black panthers are literally the reason why california has draconian gun laws lmao

Yeah. 100% racism.

Also, you guys seem to be saying "It's all ok because there were black people there." So does that mean that no white supremacists were there? In a group of people where white supremacy is probably higher?