Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
The Dinner Thread has a pretty good thing going for it. Let’s extend that rapport to the most important meal of the day.

Let’s see those beautifully gooey eggs, and perfectly fluffy pancakes!

Let’s also see those torched toasts and hosed up latkes.

Believe you have the greatest omelette technique... teach us! Tried something different and need to share your salmon lox waffles with the world... post that recipe! If you made it, we want to see it.

Pictures are encouraged but not required.

Anyway, have some breakfast:

Here’s an egg sandwich with Muenster, rosemary, and parsley. Totally simple, but absolutely delicious.

Something a little more on the healthy side is this yogurt bowl with some bananas, granola, chopped prunes, honey, chia seeds, and mint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This morning I mixed a can of tuna with some tomato sauce (ketchup) and mayonnaise and wrapped it up in a tortilla.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Bug ol' mug of rum and apple cider.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Been on sort of a breakfast sandwich kick lately.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That looks insane. What are all the pieces?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

That looks insane. What are all the pieces?

Vermont cheddar, onion, tomato, - couple pieces of bacon, And an everything bagel (where almost everything fell off the top).

Lately I’ve been doing my egg sandwiches by folding and veggies and cheese into the egg like and omelette. Melts the cheese perfectly and you never have to worry about how runny or firm the yolk is.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I didn't eat anything until dinner today so technically this is my breakfast:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Toasted sourdough, pine nut and mustard spread, topped with mushrooms, leek, then spinach and rocket.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Toasted sourdough, pine nut and mustard spread, topped with mushrooms, leek, then spinach and rocket.

Nice!

This morning I had some leftover baguette from dinner last night. Toasted it and drizzled on some olive oil, and a few pieces of roasted red pepper.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I ate one of these for breakfast, another for lunch and a third for dinner. Kale, purple cabbage, wombok, carrot, broccoli, red onion, jalapeño, tomatoes and mayonnaise.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 1, 2020

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My breakfast is the same everyday.

A mug of tea with milk and no sugar, and a primal scream of horror as the caffeine wakes me up enough to remember how terrible everything is.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Scientastic posted:

My breakfast is the same everyday.

A mug of tea with milk and no sugar, and a primal scream of horror as the caffeine wakes me up enough to remember how terrible everything is.

Have you tried chai? It's a spicy reminder of the futility of life.

Segue
May 23, 2007

Suspect Bucket posted:

Have you tried chai? It's a spicy reminder of the futility of life.

I drink chai most mornings and hard confirm. Don't know how I got through before.

I'll post my breakfast at some point when I get beet tahini and it's not all brown and unappetizing but I usually eat ful medames and flatbread. Spicy breakfasts are severely underrated.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Do I have to post some breakfast tacos just to shame everyone?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

Do I have to post some breakfast tacos just to shame everyone?

Doo iiiiiiit :f5:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Simple little breakfast wrap.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I too have been on a breakfast sandwich kick since going grocery shopping while hungry and ending up with english muffins and maple chicken sausage.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Dinner thread got enough of my Frittatas.

Here’s one I made for breakfast.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
CLAN FRITTATA. :chest thump:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I rode for the clan. I die for the clan.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
that's pretty great lookin

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
here's a breakfast

bagel with lox, egg, cream cheese, chili crisp, and capers. salad greens with garlic vinaigrette. gotta say, the capers didn't add much in this configuration, but salad with breakfast can be pretty good

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Bagel and lox might be in my all time top 10 favorite things to eat. Never had it with a soft egg though, will be trying thy soon.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

It is absolutely a top tier breakfast. poo poo, I might buy a salmon steak when I'm at the store today or tomorrow and make some to throw in the freezer.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I made 10" buttermilk pancakes yesterday because why not.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Bagel and lox might be in my all time top 10 favorite things to eat. Never had it with a soft egg though, will be trying thy soon.
If you have a soft egg plus smoked salmon, I would go for an English muffin or biscuit and hollandaise. I've seen it called eggs écossaise. The best form of benedict imo

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Biscuits + gravy :getin:

E: it's pretty much kenji's recipe plus an Anaheim pepper, garlic, a little smoked paprika and deglazed with chicken stock

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 16, 2020

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Motherfuckin steel cut oats and millet with apples, cinnamon, raw cashews browned in butter and whatnot

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

poverty goat posted:

Motherfuckin steel cut oats and millet with apples, cinnamon, raw cashews browned in butter and whatnot

I wish I could figure out a way to prepare this a way I liked.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

I wish I could figure out a way to prepare this a way I liked.

You can do like anything with oatmeal. My favorite way to have it for breakfast is to cut up a banana or berries and add it while the oats are cooking so it gives it some natural sweetness. Then Once it’s done I stir in like a tablespoon of peanut butter.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Here's my instant pot oatmeal tek.

1.) Preheat to high saute. If using nuts, raisins, cinnamon stick, start by sauteeing them in a pat of butter until the nuts, raisins and milk solids are nicely golden brown.
2.) Add 1 cup of steel cut oats and give it all a stir. I usually use about 3:1 oats:millet; the millet gives it a little nutty flavor and a bit of chew, helps to resist becoming a mass of oatpaste, and is really inexpensive.
3.) Add 2 cups of water, a pinch of salt, and any fruit you want to add at this stage. This morning I diced a couple of old apples into it. Also a great use for old strawberries. I cut back the water by half a cup or so on account of the apples.
4.) Pressure cook on high pressure for 6 minutes, and let it cool naturally for 10 minutes or so before breaking the seal
5.) At this point it's a little dry and it will absorb whatever you throw at it right away. I add milk, maybe even a little buttermilk if I've got it, brown sugar/maple syrup to taste, orange zest can be a nice add too.

As for nuts, raw cashews and slivered almonds work really well, but pecans I think are better to add at the end. Today I did apple+cinnamon, normal for me is maple+brown sugar, and a while back i did a great riff on banana bread w/ walnuts and a little vanilla extract. If you're bold you can even go savory!

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 17, 2020

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Decided to try Chef John’s Turkish poached eggs over yogurt recipe, and holy poo poo is this good!

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2019/11/turkish-eggs-cilbir-youre-never-too-old.html?m=1

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Decided to try Chef John’s Turkish poached eggs over yogurt recipe, and holy poo poo is this good!

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2019/11/turkish-eggs-cilbir-youre-never-too-old.html?m=1

Looks good to me.

Toasted cheesy ciabatta, guac, grilled chicken breast, and a poached egg.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Belgish waffle w/local strawberries and a little lemon zest in the whipped cream

e: it's mostly this but I added a tbsp of corn starch to try to help keep them crisp (seemed to help) and separated the eggs and folded stiff whites back into the batter at the end (not sure that made a huge difference). For a fleeting moment I considered using corona in the batter and lime zest in the whipped cream but I decided not to risk upstaging the amazing strawberries w/ gimmickry

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 20, 2020

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Egg

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Egg

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Yogurt bowl with some blackberries, chopped prunes, oats, chia, and a chopped up fruit bar. I have a buttload of mint in the freezer, so I sprinkle that poo poo on everything. This time it actually tasted pretty good.

My bowls are ready for communion.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Eggy bread bacon sandwich. Yes that is ketchup. Don't judge me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Mixing a bit of sambal olek and lemon juice in with the avo makes it sing...