Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The idea for this thing literally came to me in a dream so I wrote it down and fiddled with what I had until it was in some kind of readable shape. It's obviously only a first draft of half a story, the rest is clearly going in a direction but I can't actually write when I'm awake so I don't have a clue what to do with it. If anyone wants to take it, finish it, rewrite it, whatever, you have my blessing. Consider it a gift to all you goons.

So, the first thing you've got to understand about the Gone Doll is it is gone. Vanished, absent, departed, no longer with us, may be invisible, may not have existed at all except as some sort of shared hallucination in the minds of American Pie and his buddy. If you ask them about it now, well, memories fade with time and booze and worse and you might get some different stories, but at the time they were both pretty clear about what they saw and they both said they saw the same thing. So let's go over that first.

The way Pie's buddy told it, they were out in the back yard just chilling, maybe smoking one of the good ones, who can say, when they realise there's this little girl in a red dress playing with a doll in front of them. That's weird, but it's not impossible - the fences and stuff between back yards around there have a lot of gaps, so a kid could easily squeeze through from one to the other. They don't know the kid, but this wasn't the kind of area where people tended to make social calls, you know?

Anyway, one of them calls out to the kid, Pie says it was him, his buddy says it wasn't, doesn't really matter. Soon as they do, the kid takes fright and runs, squeezes through a gap in the fence on the left and she's gone. Pie and his buddy look through the gap, they can't see her. Weird, but again, not impossible, kids can move when they want to, right? Thing is, she dropped her doll. It was some kind of rag doll thing, wearing a red dress just like the kid was. Pie was the one who picked it up, and he swears up and down to this day there were all kinds of weird things about it, but what it was changes every time someone asks him and his buddy says he's a drat liar, so, you know.

Anyway, Pie gets the bright idea to throw the thing over the fence. Not the fence she went through, though, the fence on the other side. Why? Cause in Pie's mind, if she went the one way, she must have come from the other, so that was probably where she lived. Yeah, don't ask me what goes on in that guy's head. So, over it goes, they hear it land, and that's the end of it, right? Except then they see something. This fence, this is just some ramshackle piece of poo poo that's half made from chicken wire, so both of them can see through it clear as day. And what they see is that same little girl. gently caress. Now that is loving impossible. She picks the doll up, looks at them, gets frightened again and, this sounds crazy but they both swear it happened, she vanishes in front of their eyes.

OK, so far so spooky, right? Pie and his buddy are freaked out, but hey, nobody's hurt and they got a cool story to tell some time. As far as Pie's buddy is concerned, sure. But something, I dunno, broke in American Pie's mind that day. He could not stop thinking about that doll. Not even the girl, right? The loving doll. Like I say, guy wasn't 100% put together right to begin with. For a few weeks, that doll was all he could loving talk about. Saying he should have held on to it. Blaming himself for throwing it over. That's when the stories started about what he saw. Some days he says it had his own face. Some days he says it was damp and cold, like it had been underwater for a while. Some days he says the dress was loving blue. His buddy denies all this poo poo, by the way.

That wasn't the worst of it by a long road, though. Remember when American Pie just stopped making music for a couple years, round about '99? Most people figured he thought the film was gonna crowd him out, he needed to back off, maybe rebrand. That thing was global, right, he's some local white rapper in the 90s, Universal Pictures wins that fight. Well sure, that was part of it. But Pie had wanted to take a break for a while, the film was just an excuse. It was all about that doll, still. A doll he hadn't seen for, at this point, going on three years and he already couldn't even remember what colour it was some days. All that time, still obsessed with the Gone Doll. So he calls his buddy, who stopped hanging around with him not long after it first happened cause gently caress, man, the doll thing's weird. He calls his buddy and he says, he's got a plan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
E: I'm so sorry I lost track of what subforum I was in.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I hope somebody adopts your story

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
it's a really cool story