Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Some nights I get as little as 2 hours sleep. I do need to get SOME sleep, but I don't mind missing sleep in order to live life. They say sleep deprivation will shorten your lifespan, but is it really shortened if you spend more time awake? Glassy eyed? Quietly staring all the time? Confused?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Mummy Napkin posted:

with insomnia you'll never miss those 4 am knife show shopping blocks on the TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp5Nt2MUHms

Knife shoooooooow!:rock:

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i’m wide awake, it’s morning

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

watho posted:

I'm never wide awake, and I'm only ever in varying stages of delirium

Finger Prince

I just awoke from a horrible late for work anxiety dream and thought, well that was lovely, and though it's probably a little early, I guess I should get up now and go to work. But nope. 1:15am.

watho

Chewbecca posted:

I'm never wide awake, and I'm only ever in varying stages of delirium

honestly same i just wanted to quote bright eyes since i was listening to them and couldn’t sleep

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
You are twice as unlikely to get murdered in your "sleep" than someone whom is only sleeping with one eye open.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

watho posted:

That's a good album

That I listen to on repeat because I can't loving sleep and I was up all night beading a bodice piece again :negative:

watho

Kief Richards posted:

That's a good album

That I listen to on repeat because I can't loving sleep and I was up all night beading a bodice piece again :negative:

i prefer fevers and mirrors but at the bottom of everything and road to joy are so loving good, and luca has a special place in my heart

Finger Prince

I ended up falling asleep restlessly finally sometime after 4am, then up again at 6 for work, and I feel loving fantastishit.

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

I ended up falling asleep restlessly finally sometime after 4am, then up again at 6 for work, and I feel loving fantastishit.

I narrate to myself how fine it is and his it isn't impacting me, then I realise I'm garbling my sentences lmao

Heather Papps

hello friend

watho posted:

honestly same i just wanted to quote bright eyes since i was listening to them and couldn’t sleep

I cannot stomach these forms and colors anymore
But I'm here to continue,
after all I have been through
I try to keep an eye open
And I realize I haven't closed my eyes in a long time
I try to keep my eyes open, I am realizing
This life, and death,
more precious than anything

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Chewbecca

I can fall asleep fairly easily, but I'm unable to stay asleep.

I usually wake up anywhere between midnight and 4am, snap wide awake. Then I try to get back to sleep for an hour before giving up and scrolling the forums/Wikipedia/hellscape news site before putting my phone down and trying to sleep for another hour.

It's 2am now. I'm hot and I'm thinking about work and climate change and my toe is itchy and I need to get up in five hours, which will soon be three hours, then light will start filling the room

:smithicide:

Edit: more time available to plan my work hours!

Chewbecca

You know those nights when you know sleep ain't gonna come easy?

'sup aus night crew :australia:

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

You know those nights when you know sleep ain't gonna come easy?

'sup aus night crew :australia:

evenin' mate, how are ya?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Goons Are Gifts

hi hey what time is it??

Chewbecca

Stoner Sloth posted:

evenin' mate, how are ya?

Yeah nah I'm alright, just loving knackered aye

Goons Are Great posted:

hi hey what time is it??

1am, just finished watching Bojack. Gonna be a long rear end night

Chewbecca

Four hours sleep should be enough shouldn't it

Right? You guys?

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
it's not enough sleep to forget the bad things i did, even if they were for good reasons

but it's enough for me to hunt down Robin Williams before he kills again ... even if it costs me my life

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Chewbecca posted:

Four hours sleep should be enough shouldn't it

Right? You guys?

totally fine. maybe even too much sleep. who is to say?

Goons Are Gifts

At some point one can just patch out the need for sleep and drift towards infinite life boosting

Macnult

the hallucinations have provided some sick dance moves

Escape From Noise

Wrong thread

Chewbecca

Been awake since 3am, it's currently 5am, and the clock is ever-so-slowly ticking towards 7am when I have to get up and go to work.

:smithicide:

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
gives me time to think about all the clues as to who killed that girl, and where he could be, and to decide that yes, even if the evidence i have wouldn't hold up in court it is Robin Williams and i should leave my hotel room and hunt him down at the logging drive in the river before he finds another poor girl to murder

----------------

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
ah poo poo, i'm trapped under the logs! and i'm too sleepy to swim! because i haven't slept! because of my insomnia!!!

----------------

Stoner Sloth

turns out my insomnia is quite possibly the worst in Australia (there's a few people who average 3 hours a night their entire life, ive always averaged 1 to 1.5 when i'm even able to sleep at all) so I guess the positive aspect here is that they want to write about me for publication and do some research on me?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

turns out my insomnia is quite possibly the worst in Australia (there's a few people who average 3 hours a night their entire life, ive always averaged 1 to 1.5 when i'm even able to sleep at all) so I guess the positive aspect here is that they want to write about me for publication and do some research on me?

it is good to be the best at something, even if that something is not sleeping!

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

it is good to be the best at something, even if that something is not sleeping!

i need a 'born to be tired' t shirt

but it did weirdly make me feel a little proud getting an email from an emeritus professor in sleep research the other day about it asking my permission to publish something about me. and if nothing else the research they're doing might help out my fellow insomniac crew some day!

heck maybe i'll even get my sleep deprived brain in a little jar someday at a prestigious learning institute!!

Chewbecca

Stoner Sloth posted:

Man, turns out I even suck at insomnia :smithicide:

Naturally I kid, that sucks man. I hope they can get to the bottom of it for you :glomp:

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

Man, turns out I even suck at insomnia :smithicide:

Naturally I kid, that sucks man. I hope they can get to the bottom of it for you :glomp:

aww thank ya friend :glomp:

probably can't expect a fix but anything they can do to improve it or failing that learn more is good really

and on the plus side it also makes you resistant to the effects of lack of sleep to some extent - i don't get microsleeps and sleeping pills don't really work on me (just make me feel tired without putting me out)

biosterous

i think it's pretty rad to be acquainted with someone who is a scientific phenomenon!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Chewbecca

I'm on day 3 of being awake at 3am, and I've got a sore throat and ear ache, so time to cash in a sick day for this poster :australia:

Time to :justpost:

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

i think it's pretty rad to be acquainted with someone who is a scientific phenomenon!

well i feel lucky to have this place of chill and magic and lovely posting friends to help keep me sane(ish)!!

Chewbecca posted:

I'm on day 3 of being awake at 3am, and I've got a sore throat and ear ache, so time to cash in a sick day for this poster :australia:

Time to :justpost:

hope you feel better soon friend but after all what is the point of :australia: if not being able to chuck a sickie when ya need to!

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

Chewbecca

Ok so awake since 3am and feeling delirious AMA

Heather Papps

hello friend

a fun thing is you get to have the same conversation a few times because you failed to transfer the memory into long term storage due to, you know, insomnia!

Chewbecca

Heather Papps posted:

a fun thing is you get to have the same conversation a few times because you failed to transfer the memory into long term storage due to, you know, insomnia!

I enjoy this. I also enjoy starting a sentence and everyone is looking at you, but then you lose consciousness and just trail off and look like a GD eejit

watho

it made me learn what the highest safe dose for my anxiety meds is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

With insomnia I can spend time feeling sad, and to be honest in the late-capitalist hellscape we don't really have time for such indulgences. Bitch got bills to pay.

My late night depression is a luxury lmao