Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

hair sheep best sheep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

River posted:

I'm not a fan, at all. My experience with 'hair' sheep is that they are mad, the fiber is terrible, and because they have a lack of oils (ex. lanolin) your handpiece tends to get boiling hot. But they are generally straight-bodied and easy to get around.

That sucks that you've been around idiots. Katahdins are generally light sheep but some of the others are a bit less stupid. Mine are some of the chillest animals in existence if you have a scoop of feed, rams included.

I like how you say 'hair' though. The whole point is the fiber to be worthless so you don't have to give a dang about it being on the ground. Then I don't have to shear sheep and it's way easier for people to skin them because they don't have to get through that wool layer. I'll take a carcass animal over a wool production animal every time.

I was mostly kidding because :smugbert: I don't have to shear. Or I didn't. Until Instant Jellyfish was like "yo llamas are great protection animals" and now I have to shear the llama.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Instant Jellyfish posted:

You know if you didn't live in America's asscrack you'd have a flock of adorable shetlands, each the size of a loaf of bread, looking up to you with their giant doe eyes hoping for a gentle pet.

well I mean, probably shetlands and hair sheep in two separate flocks. Maybe more than 1 llama