Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the ladder match happen tonight?
This poll is closed.
Yes, WWE wouldn't false advertise! 3 20.00%
Yes, but it'll be derailed and shifted to the Rumble 3 20.00%
No, there'll be some bullshit excuse for why not. 2 13.33%
No, and they literally won't explain it or even mention it at all. 7 46.67%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

New gimmick for Lana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, I may have watched all of RAW but I have enough self respect to not watch Miz praise WWE for paying for Rosetta Stone so he could talk to his wife.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DuhSal posted:

I find it hilarious that that final segment and storyline was the last thing on raw setting up the big royal rumble ppv.. punctuated perfectly by not micheal cole selling the royal rumble match as his final words disconnected completely from what just took place.

Since it's usually me making the mistake, I'll be the guy this week to say that Michael Cole doesn't do Raw anymore. It's Vic Joseph, whose voice (and more importantly) cadence sounds EXACTLY like Michael Cole.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Since it's usually me making the mistake, I'll be the guy this week to say that Michael Cole doesn't do Raw anymore. It's Vic Joseph, whose voice (and more importantly) cadence sounds EXACTLY like Michael Cole.

oh I know.. I said "not michael cole" because I always forget vic's name and yea he sounds exactly like cole to a t. thou I admit at the beginning of the broadcast my brain was thinking it was cole again before they showed them talking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I completely missed your "not" in there, sorry!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I completely missed your "not" in there, sorry!

np!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, is WWE vat-cloning their play-by-play guys now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If you go back and listen to 80s Vince McMahon, it's quite weird because even though Cole doesn't sound anything like him, Cole uses a ton of the phrasing (and particularly the weird tensing) that Vince McMahon did. That shouldn't be TOO much of a surprise since we know Vince feeds Cole constant feedback (actually just barks orders), but it's a really weird disconnect hearing the original source speaking and knowing how it would inform Cole for decades to come... and now Vic too.