Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«238 »
Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

I'm just going to save up and pick up a 3d printer so I can print whatever props I want

hey maybe I can get one cheap when Picard finishes its run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

MY GIMMICK IS POSTING GIBBERISH

https://i.imgur.com/kVYLRKg.mp4

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

red bird

Someone check the capitalization to see if it spells out "Eat poo poo, Doomcock" or something.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

MY GIMMICK IS POSTING GIBBERISH

This gets to what I meant about wealthy adults fetishizing hope better than I could.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

With the lack of Kelvinverse merch, the story I heard is that JJ Abrams originally had plans to turn the Kelvinverse into a "multi-platform experience" with more movies, spin-off shows, games, and assorted gougables. However, the problem was that the rights for Trek were under two houses after the Viacom split, and Abrams' Kelvinverse stuff was directly competing with the TOS stuff CBS was putting out. It eventually got to the point where Abrams wanted CBS to stop producing TOS merchandise altogether to avoid "brand confusion", but CBS - which was making an average of $20 million a year on Trek merchandise back in the early 2010s - told him to go screw. Plans for the Kelvinverse were scaled back after that, with Abrams having no interest in jumping through various hoops in order to get anything done. Of course, he eventually got tapped for Star Wars, where he could run the whole show by himself, with what results we know.

...great, now all this talk of Trek merchandise reminded me of that crappy third-person shooter with the Gorn that nearly killed Digital Extremes. At least that story had a silver lining; after that game the situation at DE was so bad that they had no choice buy to go all-in on a Hail Mary with Warframe, which even in its cruddy earlier iterations got enough of a player base to save the company.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

~this is me posting irl~

I heard that 09 shooter was a horrendously buggy piece of poo poo.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

How long did discovery jump ahead in time?

doesn't the doctor go forward in time in Living Witness like 800 years and then slowboat back to the alpha quadrant to see if voyager made it?

lol forever if discovery encounters the doctor

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Ramadu posted:

9 centuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntherUslessPoster
Feb 12, 2019

Universe existed for 13.8 billion years before humans and will exist for trillions years more after the last human is forgotten.
So what was your problem again?

Ramadu posted:

doesn't the doctor go forward in time in Living Witness like 800 years and then slowboat back to the alpha quadrant to see if voyager made it?

lol forever if discovery encounters the doctor

lol forever if they even know about what living witness episode is about and that it exists

«238 »