Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Gonz posted:

I fully expect the Omega particle to make an appearance in Picard season 2.

For laughs.

If they copy pasted the plot to Star Trek Armada (with some reshuffling), I'd probably love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

DrNutt posted:

Oh yeah, that was pretty loving bad, especially the way they did the imagery of the vision in a nearly identical fashion.

This always kills me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCxAJdCZGg

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Owlbear Camus posted:

Remember how the end of Disco Season 1 was the Federation planting a weapon of genocidal destruction on their adversary's homeworld as a coercive terror threat in order to install a puppet leader more amenable to their regime, and then dissolves to the hero unironically giving a speech about the high-minded ideals of Starfleet?

I sure remember.

"Nation-building is never pretty" :barf:

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Im still mad about the nazi aliens

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

These last few episodes have been an absolute blast. Very pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to a...next season? Didnt think id ever type that out.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

i just want to know what happened once they got to earth

god i hate the last series shot so much even though its cool looking with all the ships around it

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

G-III posted:

Burnham murders a bunch of mall cops just doing their jobs and shows zero remorse.

This show is hot garbage.

"The Federation gave me a mission and a purpose" *immediately guns down two people*

Not that I mind seeing bloody body parts fly apart on screen as blood flecks against the camera itself like a video game, but...all I could think during the mall scene was please don't become a superhero fight, please dont become a superhero fight...then the wink and the fight happened, and everything else. I couldn't help but laugh and think about this. Book seems cool, I like the thing he can do.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Really needed the several gratuitous shots of gore to let us know evil lady killed the heck out of previous evil guy. And then snarkily making GBS threads on diplomacy to kill some more people. Making The Hard Decisions(tm) is her new role, I guess? This will get old fast. Glad they've already reunited with The Burn instead of dragging it out. The tractor beam looked nice. Now that we're done with the intros hoping the rest goes better.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Good episode. Wish we didn't have Evil Lady do an ebin dab on diplomacy two episodes in a row to get the resolution started, but the rest was good. Having a symbionte in a human sounded weird but Riker had one too at one point, right? I also have zero memory of how Burnham in any way was in consideration for captain or commander, but meh.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The real disappointment is when you realize it's just ripping off Mass Effect wholesale and hoping nobody will notice.

I dont think I'll ever get over how much of the prothean vision Admonition that Picard leads up to is cribbed from Shutterstock.

I should replay ME1 at some point, I remember loving just sitting there listening to the lore entries in the menu

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Michael and Philippa go back in time, Michael is stranded in the past, sets up a distress signal so the Discovery can wake her up from cryo-sleep. May or may not have to do with "Calypso."

poo poo, I've seen this before. Atlantis pulled something like that off beautifully if I'm remembering right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

i havent kept up with this season

is it a full TARDIS now?