Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

What's this thread's policy on spoilers? Y'all good to let people discuss poo poo after it airs, or are you tagging stuff 'cause it's a megathread? Had a report about spoilers and just want to check in with y'all so I know how you want those handled in the future :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

8one6 posted:

I was under the impression that in the TVIV once something with a normal weekly release schg dropped on the east coast it was fair game.

Yeah, that's the general subforum rule but we usually let threads set their own policies. Since this is a megathread I figured I'd double check to see if you guys are doing it differently.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

pyrotek posted:

If we happen to come across future episode spoilers, how do we differentiate from current episode spoilers? Say something before the tag?

Just tag it with the episode number or smth like we do in Netflix/etc threads.

Thanks guys!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

e: double post. heckin awful app

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm not going to drop a probe on the offending post b/c it's my fault for being so behind on reports this week, so instead I'm here to instead drop a random friendly reminder that the R bomb is one of the few words I will not tolerate in this subforum, unless you can make it really loving funny.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This may be shocking but people can enjoy things that aren't objectively good. Super Deuce, my friendo, your (very few, very intense) posts in this thread are repetitive and-- worst of all-- they're not funny. Debating the quality of the show is a good and rad and cool thing to do on these forums, but my attention being brought to this thread every other week because you keep railing on the same points and bringing nothing new to the table is, in fact, not good and rad and cool.

My advice would be to stop watching the show or at the very least stop whining about it so intensely in here. If you have nothing new to bring and already know that the opinions in this thread conflict with your own narrow ones, why do you keep bothering? Is it to stir poo poo or does Lower Decks really bother you that much?

I've gotten reports about this more than once since Lower Decks started and it's just silly to me. Anyone annoyed by Super Deuce please just put them on ignore or something. THAT SAID, while I do not like using probes as a time out function for posters who otherwise have not necessarily earned the kick in the rear end, I will not hesitate to slap Deuce with one if they don't reign it in.

Like read the room, man. If nobody wants to engage with your debate, maybe this isn't the place to have it. Or maybe try taking a less abrasive approach.

smdh now I have to bookmark a Star Trek thread!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Super Deuce posted:

No thanks. I’ll still tell people that they’re wrong. Because they are. Again. People can like bad things. Thinking bad things are actually good is wrong. Read the room is stupid because all you’re doing is what you think I’m doing. Yea I’m going to keep saying references aren’t jokes because they aren’t. This show is just as bad as Discovery and Picard. If that hurts people’s sensibilities because it’s a cartoon, why should I care?

Similarly I enjoy reiterating that good writing is important even in SILLY CARTOONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNFHzLpRH5A

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Snow Cone Capone posted:

this is some sort of cosmic irony for the fact that I'm in the USA isn't it

Well poo poo

it's just RuPaul repeatedly telling queens to make it funny

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Crunch

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Changing my answer to this.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The people need to know!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:eyepop:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The_Doctor posted:

put him on ignore

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Super Deuce posted:

Even stool fuckers know the mechanics of a joke

How dare thee imply my brethren are lesser than.

This is your second warning for making GBS threads up the thread. If you can't stop being so aggro, instead of a probe I'll leave it up to the people who post in this thread with a vote for threadban.

The funniest part of this whole thing is that humour is the most subjective goddamn thing in the world. Are there correct ways to write a joke, does comedy have structure? Hell yeah. But what people derive enjoyment and humour from is the dumbest thing to argue. In the end, it really doesn't matter how well written something is if it makes enough people laugh.

So chill out and let people enjoy their bad Star Trek cartoon or whatever. You got your point across by now.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He’s never going to stop, so I’ll just cut to the chase and give my vote for a threadban.

Poll's up now.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

pik_d posted:

I voted no but only so that they can keep getting longer and longer probations after making bad posts here, therefor stopping them from posting anywhere.

The long game.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

What's the file size on that beauty?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bless.

I can ask about getting it uploaded if that's the tag y'all want!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nine-gear crow posted:

Should we share it with the Legacy Trek thread as well? I bet some folks there might want it too.

Yeah if you want to ask 'em if they want that tag or would prefer something else, have at 'er! I'll add it to the queue for upload and if any other tags emerge in the meantime I can prob get those added as well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'll prob do what I did in the GBS FFVII thread and have anyone who wants a tag respond to me when it's been uploaded. Depending on how many tags you have something might have to go.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ATTN STAR TRACK GOONS

If you would like to quote this post!

If you already have three gang tags, tell me which one you'd like to lose. If you don't want to lose any proceed w/ your own caution. The limit of gang tags is nebulous and you may get them axed by another mod or admin if they find your av/tag/text combo too excessive.

If you want your current tags rearranged or your text changed, I can do that as well.

I apologize ahead of time for the spam this might cause. It's just easier for me to organize and make sure I don't miss anybody! Feel free to quote me in your regular-rear end discussion posts if you were already going to say smth so we can keep this at least kind of neat.

thx in advance

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Snow Cone Capone posted:

e: if you are doing AV fuckery, would it be possible to remove my AV's text? Just the text, not the image. If not, all good!

Can do!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

e: oops

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I was really tempted to troll everyone and give you all BoA fanclub tags instead

but the bij experience is too strong

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nestorix posted:

Yes please

oh oof your old av code broke when i added the tag, i'll fix you asap

e: wtf was the <br> for!?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

HOLY gently caress posted:

yesss 😎

also if possible could you get rid of the Fun Shoe tag? thank you :unsmith:

forgot to mention: Tendy’s Totally Normal Dog is probably one of my favorite lower decks gags so far

Unfortunately the donation tags aren't tied to the regular av/text/tag stuff, so you'll probably have to contact an admin to get rid of that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Hey, speaking of....

I gotchu fam

nine-gear crow posted:

You're amazing, by the way and getting to chat with you and the other folks whenever I wanted is one of the few things I miss about being a mod.

no ur amazing!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Banana Canada posted:

Today I am a Warrior.
I must show you my heart.
I travel the river of blood.

And while you're tinkering under my hood, is it possible to centre all my tags?

I would if I could/knew how! The setup when we change titles is different from when you purchase one, and afaik it is just something that sticks after purchasing it ?? idk it is late/early and I am high.

I queued up the bij for ya but I'll ask about if there's a way to centre text/tags in there as a mod.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pretty sure I've got everyone who requested a tag either cleared or queued atm. Sorry about the spam goonfriends!

Under normal circumstances (aka ease of giving money to the site to buy things without it going to the wrong person) I'd cut off the free tags right about now, but I'm going to leave it open until the end of the weekend in case any stragglers want me to give them a beejer experience some purestrain bij.

If anybody still wants it after that, I believe there is a way to donate straight to the site instead of going thru the channels that still flow to the 'tax atm. So if you want to buy a tag after Sunday PM me or try to get my attention in here or the Couch Chat thread if you don't have PMs.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the real bij was the friends we made along the way

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gna bij all over your face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mokinokaro posted:

Is it too late to get in on this?

Yes but I queued you anyway since you're the only person who I think has asked about it since the Sunday cutoff!