Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
"Zhat Vash? More like Romulan Trash" :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Alchenar posted:

A show with balls would have had Burnham say "Wait you've been sitting in this room for 40 years and you can't even put a flag up by yourself? No wonder the Federation fell apart if people like you are all that's left." And then she'd walk out on him in disgust.

Yea but then you wouldn't have the heroic Kevin Sorbo speech at the end of the episode.

Something something rekindle the light

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Burnham is really written like someone's weird self-insert. Even when she's only there for 3 lines out of 45 minutes.

I do appreciate they at least went exploring an alien planet though, even if it just hada bar without whisky on the rocks

Falcorum fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 23, 2020

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Discovery is weird because it constantly feels like they're so close to making a fun episode and then bam, Star Trek: Burnham. Meanwhile Picard season one would have just been a mid season two-parter in TNG or something (the borg stuff was cool, the mass effect bits not so much).

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Why do you suppose the writers still have such a hard-on for "Michael going rogue"? Do you think they all legitimately think it's interesting, or is it just baked into the show bible and everyone's just writing to order?

Michael's someone's self-insert, 100% guarantee it based on how she's written.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
There's no explosive decompression because the air is pomegranate matter.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

No one seems to be talking about the constant time and space anomalies caused by those drives during routine operation.

One just chilling near Deep Space 9 starts ping ponging Obrien a few hours into the future and back again at regular intervals.

That one was just because Obrien's builtin suffering field interacted with the singularity drive. If there had been no Obrien, it'd have been perfectly harmless singularity radiation.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

At this rate, Discovery is going to end in an emotional cry-off between Michael Burnham (Spock's Sister) and God, and THAT will finally be the thing that gets me to actually watch that show.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Good luck getting her on set, compositing her into TOS is taking forever.

Well yes but that's only because they're also making every character say "Where is Spock's sister" whenever she's not on-camera

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

skasion posted:

I can’t believe they finally found a way to make people nostalgic for Enterprise

Well, it's been a long road.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

No Dignity posted:

So that cube they stuck Moriarty in had to be No Man's Sky basically, right? Even using silly Star Trek AI there's no way it could generate civilisations of convincingly sapient NPCs for them to interact with, right?

Well the cube didn't have multiplayer either I guess

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Help… me…

It's ok they can send the uhh hallway to THE FARM

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Scott Bakula posted:

Give me a version of that trailer but all the football is replaced with water polo clips

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

HD DAD posted:

I want a turn-based JRPG with the TNG cast.

Just an endless stream of barrels landing on Worf for 9999 damage

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Penitent posted:

This is an awful lot of blood, compound fractures, decapitations, and vaporizations

What if they had kept Sneed around as like... a lovable foil character for future use? Like a Brunt?

Nah, better just chop his head off

Matalas doesn't like leaving loose ends in his stories :v:

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Slightly amusing to see a showrunner that loves to use mystery boxes on his series getting frustrated when people ask what's up with the mystery boxes. :v:

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Trapick posted:

Federation never figured out how to scan for that eh? Oh Ensign Jim disappeared from his quarters and there's a pile of goo for a few hours, nothing to worry about.

Buddy, the drat ships don't even tell anyone when the captain gets teleported into null space by Q!

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Also how horrifyingly hosed up is it that if you're a famous Starfleet captain, then after you die your corpse is apparently classified as a super weapon, frozen, and then put in a vault along with other super weapons? If I had a nickle for every time that's happened now, I'd have two nickles, which isn't a lot but it's really hosed up that it's happened TWICE, apparently...

Sisko keeps winning by loving off

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Got to say, I get the sense that these evolved changelings are pretty much nothing but a skin of evil

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

angerbeet posted:

(In unison) “Warp particles!”

Take this cheese to sickbay!

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Mokotow posted:

It has it’s moments. It’s way below pre-2009 Trek standards. It doesn’t even need to be a Trek show, why bother.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

a neat cape posted:

The best thing Discovery and Picard do are making Enterprise look really really good by comparison

Yea though it did take a long while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I remember quite a few pages back people were wondering what "TNG" would be in the LD universe.

Well, there's now a canon answer from the newly-published Cerritos handbook: "Those Newer Guys."

And ENT is "Earth's Newbie Travelers."

Since TNG had very little personal conflicts, it should probably be "Those Nice Guys" instead