Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Have to say, I hate that the Discovery thread was merged with the rest. I have 1000 unread posts in this thread already, this sucks. The Discovery thread was slow enough that I never missed a post, and it was predictably slow when no episodes were coming out. I much preferred it this way, and I don't know why the old thread had to be closed when we could have just waited until season 3 of Discovery aired. Now this is very similar to the general Star Trek thread, with far too much traffic for me to follow.

I'm also pretty sure this will turn very bad when the new Discovery episodes get released, with most of the Picard fans trashing Disco as "not real Star Trek". I liked that the Disco thread was much more positive towards the show than the relentless negativity it got hit with in the general Star Trek thread. I like the show, as flawed as it is, and even though we all had a lot to critique after nearly every episode, it was mostly in a constructive spirit. Judging by the reaction Picard gets ("finally real Star Trek again!"), I fear this place will not be welcoming to fans of Discovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

A4R8 posted:

When is discovery getting canceled?

Not soon, I hope. I'm a lot more interested in Discovery than Picard.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

The Bloop posted:

Enterprise was never bad

It was just a letdown of our expectations

It's "ok"

So A Night In Sickbay was okay, not bad?

Bold claim.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Saru also got some development.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm still salty that the cool Romulan ex-Tal Shiar were left behind on Earth :argh:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So do we have to maintain the megathread, or can we open individual threads again? I honestly don't care about Lower Decks, I'm mostly here for Discovery. I appreciated the slower pace of that thread. Would it be okay if I made a Discovery thread sometimes in October, before the next season airs?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
By the way, I still absolutely do not care what plot contrivance they use to have Michelle Yeoh star in both Discovery and the Section 31 show. She's great, and if they somehow were to put her into Picrad as well, I would be overjoyed.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

HD DAD posted:

I’m actually kinda excited for Disco Season 3. Show needed a reboot and they did it, and I’m ready to go in with cautious optimism.

Yeah, I'm quite hyped for more Disco. It's unfortunate that Michael still seems to have such an outsized role in the show, but I really like most of the crew (even Michael, as long as she doesn't take up like 80% of the screen time...), so I really want to see more adventures with them. And now that they are no longer hobbled by being a prequel, they can do more stuff without worrying whether it violates canon or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Drink-Mix Man posted:

At this point it makes me wonder if the whole point of having Gray, Blue, and Book around is because we're being set up for some sort of big casting shakeup where multiple characters are going to leave this season. (I mean, more than we already know about.)

Wait, this thread is where I get like 99% of my Star Trek news from, but I must have missed it. Which actors do we know are leaving the show after this season?