Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Bashir would be loving perfect for Picard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I can tell you that the Starfleet Academy show is definitely a thing. The rest is most likely made up.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I liked what little we saw of Hugh - I hope he gets more (or any) interactions with the main cast.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I think killing Icheb made me love this stupid show, it isn't at all the Star Trek I like but man what a gently caress you to the character and the original actor who they recast. Maybe they'll throw Wesley Crusher out of an airlock next week?

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Teron D Amun posted:

it doesnt even make sense given what we know already of the Borg too, for example in Voyager we learn that Vulcans have the Borg designation of Species 3259 and Romulans as Species 3783, if the latter ones would have been their creators their designation number should be a sub-10 one (as we can likely assume that members from their species would be among the first to be classified and assimilated)

It's going to be time travel bullshit that will somehow involve the events of First Contact, some lovely retcon and it will be tied to season 3 of Discovery in some awful way.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Angry Salami posted:

The original actor has been a total shitheel recently, including telling Anthony Rapp to 'stop whining' after he reported abuse by Kevin Spacey. Recasting him and then killing his character in the most brutal way was what he deserved.

This makes his death even better.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Okay I had to go and find the actor who played Icheb and holy poo poo this Twitter thread.

Who knew people cared about this shitheel?

https://twitter.com/ManuIntiraymi/status/1230623232010551296?s=19

Duckula fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 21, 2020

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

socialsecurity posted:

I think Fuller gets way too much blame for Discovery. The line that always sticks out to me as just dumb from the series is the episode where they come back from the mirror universe and they are like "oh no the entire federation has been destroyed" and the next episode its like lost 25% of its territory, the obvious bullshit for drama and immediate rollback just felt cheap. Like nothing in Discovery can just be minor it all has to be galaxy ending or the best thing ever, like that device they threw together in 5 minutes that harnessed what was it every black hole in the galaxy?

The entire Klingon war was just awful and it's the premise the entire series hinges on.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

We haven't seen a federation vessel interior yet on Picard have we?

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Q is going to show up at the end and tell Picard the trial never ended.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Alan_Shore posted:

Unless I have contracted malaria and have gone deaf, I don't know why people are talking about a genocidal ancient being showing up to destroy everything. She already has shown up: it's Soji. They've said it multiple times

It's going to be Lore isn't it? You don't bring back Spiner just for a 2 minute scene in the first episode.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Star Trek is going to just suck for the rest of our horrible lives isn't it?

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

The_Doctor posted:

Nope! Everyone had them!

This looks like poo poo from a bad parody.

edit: The more I look at it the worse it is, the props they're holding look like garbage as well.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Why is Star Trek just Death Stranding now.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was listening to the Greatest Gen guys on their podcast about the new Disco episode, and one of them was apparently confused as to why Michael reacted when her suit computer indicated lifeform readings. Even though the episode has a recap of Season 2 at the beginning which specifically reminds about the whole plot of Control and the reason why they had to go to the future. Then he doubles down with 'well I don't think they should have shown those CGI creatures before that to ruin the moment' even though we had just seen that dogfight between the two ships near the planet that Michael crashed into. I was just incredulous at this entire exchange.

I am so glad I dropped this podcast.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Saru deserves to be in a better series.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

At least Picard was interestingly awful, Discovery is just boring bad.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Adira has really only shown engineering aptitude and basic knowledge of the present time. She’ll probably end up working with Tilly and Stamets the most and maybe as a guide for navigating current political and social stuff. I highly doubt she’ll end up as the new Wesley.

So she's Neelix.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

That Picard trailer is awful - we're just getting First Contact with worse characters.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

teasing DS9 stuff is just cruel

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

It would be cool if Kirk never shows up again in SNW, not sure if they have that kinda restraint but I trust the writers given what we've seen so far.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Getting my bad guesses in

Pulaski
Mirror universe Spock
Tasha Yar
Dr Soran
Zephram Cochrane
Gul Dukat
Boothby

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

they're absolutely going to explicitly remake the end of best of both worlds part 1 at the end of episode 9 aren't they

terry you fuckin hack

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

tracecomplete posted:

how else can you get through it

i haven't managed to get through any episode of this poo poo sober

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Khanstant posted:

Ultimate editing challenge. Find enough footage across all 3 seasons to cobble together one good episode. Not good for Picard, but like, a good episode people could pretend is part of Star Trek without retroactively making you hate Picard and other legacy characters.

impossible task

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

did they just drop the sybok stuff that they teased last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

the whole chapel and spock holding hands in space felt like a deleted scene from discovery, very bad big stakes and yet no stakes writing