Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since the day it was announced there has been no show I've anticipated more than Picard. He's been my hero for 30 years. I haven't been this excited since Doctor Who returned in 2005.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thom12255 posted:

I feel, from the trailers, that the Picard team hasn't been given as big a budget as Discovery did. Or maybe it's just also going to Patrick and co. salaries.

Likely the latter. There's no way they wouldn't dump mondo casho into a Picard show. He's just more expensive than Walking Dead castoffs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Who was the other one

Robert April.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MichiganCubbie posted:

Discovery doesn't have the low lows that the other shows had. It also doesn't have the high highs, but it's decent overall.

It has Michelle Yeoh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Last few episodes of Enterprise is good.

Except for that bullshit finale.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because Lucas made prequels and people love prequels right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, there's plenty of bad TNG. But the highs are so loving high that we tend to forget about them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Blessed is the man who can just forget “Code of Honor” and ”The Loss”.

Watching "the Inner Light" does a lot towards clouding the memories of the poo poo episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Here's a hot one: All Good Things is overrated :twisted:

this is why nobody liked you in high school

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

IMO all of Discos problems start and stop with Michael Burnham.

Make Tilly the star.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys

Tomorrow is Captain Picard day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

According to All Good Things he actually married Leah Brahms, so either she got divorced or her old husband died... or Geordi really did marry Holobrahms and everyone is pretending she's real to humour him :tinfoil:

Maybe they uncoupled the heizenberg compensators and HoloBrahms walked off the holodeck?

Family reunions are probably awkward.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way the entire TNG cast doesn't pop in at some point. Frakes is directing several episodes and hinted he'd show up again. Everyone will come home, even if it's just for a moment.

Except Wesley, nobody wants to see him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Croatoan posted:

I hope Gates McFadden shows up. He's the best twitter follow. She's become a super sweet grandma. Just a month ago she had surgery for a seperated collar bone and posted while high AF on painkillers and it was just the absolute best.

I had the biggest crush on her when I was a kid. When I met the cast about 6 years back I started stammering and I could barely get a sentence out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MikeJF posted:

Genuinely they should have her in as the captain of the medical ship she was captain of in All Good Things. Because a) it would be a neat callback and b) Crusher should be Captain Crusher.

She should be the head of Starfleet Medical, pioneering life saving techniques across the galaxy in her badass Hospital ship.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Discovery has a lovely theme. I expect Picard's will be pretty good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Any reason they went prime timeline?

There was some bullshit about not being allowed to do a show set in the Kelvin timeline because of the Paramount/CBS split.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That looks terrible.

The longer I watched the more Disco grew on me. I keep meaning to buy the deluxe Eaglemoss model but I don't really have a good place lined up to display that inevitable rabbit hole.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Croatoan posted:

I have 2 Hallmark ornaments of the Discovery as one was a Christmas gift. I'll ship it to you free if you pay shipping. PM me if interested.

I'm not an ornament guy, we had tons of the Trek ones when I was a kid but they got misplaced in my parents divorce. I looked for a pic of the EM Disco and the Disco Enterprise popped up and I also want that now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I seem to recall the costumers for Disco explaining how expensive and rare the base fabric was on top of all the tiny deltas being 3D printed and kind of taunting cosplayers that they wouldnt easily be able to replicate them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay friends, dipping out since I wont be able to watch this for about 10 hours, here's hoping for some magic!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was very good. I don't care if he's wearing 17 girdles and sucking in his cheeks, seeing Brent Spiner in the makeup again was wonderful.

And that opening, shot of the ship hello old friend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't wait to see how this plays out. It was so good that I had to call my dad and talk to him about it even though he hasn't seen it yet. Trek was one of the few things we all enjoyed as a family when I was a kid so he's pretty excited to watch it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Am I the only one who heard synthetic revolution and immediately jumped to ”Aw, poo poo, Lore’s back!”?

I'd bet he's involved somehow. Maybe Maddox stole his remains when he disappeared.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Captain Reginald Broccoli

Why are you like this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Hi Chris I'm Nero"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HD DAD posted:

Legitimately a great line.

ST09 has a lot of charm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Grand Fromage posted:

Yep. That mention of ten thousand evacuation ships sounds like a lot but it's not even close to sufficient for the scale of disaster they're dealing with.

They used the ships they had and they were trying to save as many people as they could.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Binary Badger posted:

There's also the aftermath of Unimatrix One from Voyager, when all those drones got together in Borg cyberspace to kick back and enjoy life as it was before being assimilated, and ending with a bunch of former Borg drones rebelling against the Queen's collective; maybe this cube took too much damage during a rebellion skirmish and was abandoned.

I hate everything Voyager did with the Borg. Picard gets assimilated and he has life long PTSD about it. Janeway and friends get assimilated and three days later everything is cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's fair.

Voyager was still bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I also watched this twice. It made me very happy both times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Anyway, viewership numbers are starting to trickle in, and Picard's first episode was the most watched single broadcast in the history of CTV Sci-Fi/Space Channel in Canada. God only knows how well its doing on Amazon Prime and CBS Access if it did this well on a Canadian basic cable broadcast network.

PStew does not gently caress around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a Youtube Bot that lets you down vote every video on a channel? That would be useful for people like that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Also thanks to The Algorithm, YouTube counts upvotes and downvotes equally as Engagement so you're actually making the video more popular by doing that.

This is the most bullshit thing I have ever heard. I blame you personally for this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

There must be some correlation between racism and an idiocy.

Have you ever met someone who is really racist?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arglebargle III posted:

Can you criticize a woman's performance in a role without being a misogynist?

Absolutely. Have you never seen a Rebel Wilson film?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arglebargle III posted:

Speaking of actresses, whatever happened to Mila Kunis?

She made another Bad Moms and is an actual mom. She's still doing Family Guy poo poo too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pyrotek posted:

If we happen to come across future episode spoilers, how do we differentiate from current episode spoilers? Say something before the tag?

That seems like a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Tribble.

Tribble warfare.

They got a lotta meat on them.