Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

OK.

Rather than forensically picking apart the show so that I can post them behind spoilers to make myself feel intelligent and learned to other nerds on an anonymous message board, or acting like a redheaded hipster called Tarquin in a Melbourne wine bar making vague and uneducated attempts to describe the smell and flavor of a red wine to women WAY out of his league in and attempt to pick up...I enjoyed this episode and I am looking forward to watching another next week.

I don't really have a horse is this race but watching Goons on this forum try and rip apart shows like a toddler rips apart a soft loaf of bread is very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

large_gourd posted:

So your way of getting a little ego boost is to come in and pick apart the nerds who are picking apart the nerdy show. It's all the same game, their version doesn't rely on making someone else feel bad though.

Naaaaa I was just thinking about it through it was funny what my fevered brain cooked up.

Take it easy!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

I like it...

FIGHT ME!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Inject the Bij into my veins!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

esperterra posted:

ATTN STAR TRACK GOONS

If you would like to quote this post!

If you already have three gang tags, tell me which one you'd like to lose. If you don't want to lose any proceed w/ your own caution. The limit of gang tags is nebulous and you may get them axed by another mod or admin if they find your av/tag/text combo too excessive.

If you want your current tags rearranged or your text changed, I can do that as well.

I apologize ahead of time for the spam this might cause. It's just easier for me to organize and make sure I don't miss anybody! Feel free to quote me in your regular-rear end discussion posts if you were already going to say smth so we can keep this at least kind of neat.

thx in advance

The Bij is strong with this one.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Also EELS!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

makegofast NOOOOW!!!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

New theory!

The ‘thing’ that makes Terren’s the way they are is going to stop having an effect on Georgiou and it will mess her up as she starts thinking like a Prime human. This is because her universe is ‘further away’ and the think will wear off.

It was put there for the same reason all the dilithium went away, for poo poo and giggles, and to see what will happen.

They are the play things of the gods and there it’s NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO stop it!

:cuthulu:

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

My sperg-alarm went off when I saw that they added an 'A' to the registry number of a ship that isn't a new ship

I think someone had theorized last week in here that Georgiou's health issue has something to do with her being out of her own universe for too long. That combined with the fact that David Cronenberg mentioned how the MU had become 'further away' from the Prime universe over the last 900 years. It has to be one of those.

I enjoyed seeing the TNG-era phaser in the 'junk pile', along with some older Klingon uniform emblems, and Georgiou mentioning that she wanted late 24th century self-sealing stem bolts

Yeah I had a feeling it will go that way.

Also I have a feeling that the burn thing will have to do with the Preservers, the first humanoid race that seeded the galaxy with intelligent humanoid life. In STO and in the original series their tech had a weird sound element.

Why they do it? The Federation made the galaxy boring so screw them up for fun and profit!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Der Kyhe posted:

Looks like star trek online.

And it looks like she escaped from a True Way base.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

I enjoy the series Lower Decks non ironically.

I look forward to watching it every week.

COME AND FIGHT YOU BASTARDS! :ssj:

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Been playing Startrek online. In the latest mission you visit the Mirror Universe where you recruit a Exocomp called legume Creel.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Gonz posted:

Finally, a rogue AI gets owned.

EVIL COMPUTER PRISON.

I WILL BLIND YOU!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

I sometimes get these weird sci-fi dreams where the Star Trek and Star Wars universes mix toy and it ends up being surreal and awesome.

That is what this kids show was like for me.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

What I want to know is where the other side of the wormhole is, where is all that mass being vacuumed too.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Two good episodes of Trek on the same week!

This is must be a sign of the end times!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

That was some hardcore Gorn!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

I am enjoying this season and after looking up what a higher power, namely rotten tomatoes ways I wonder why goons are so critical of it other than the fact they are goons who are the worst.

98% from critics and 90% from audiences.

Something weird is going on here....

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

You are allowed to like whatever you like but it's rude and childish to look at people making effortposts clearly explaining the issues they have with the plotting/storytelling/dialogue/directing/etc of the show ignore all that and decide it's because they must just be the worst people.

I was being facetious, I am Australian and we tend to use insults as a term of endearment and way of expressing trust and respect which was my intention.

Thanks for people’s replies, it’s may be that while I grew up watching TNG and the original series I don’t put it on the same pedestal other people in this thread might. That said I recently watched the TNG episode The Measure of a Man and yes compared to previous shows Picard could do much better.

Let’s this thread a crucible that leaves only truth…you loving solids. 😜

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Taear posted:

You know, I did have a go with it but he's just too American for me I'm afraid.

I know the feeling, it can be a touch overwhelming sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The whole way that the Federation treats genetically modified people is just bizarrely discordant with its ostensible principles and it annoys me every time it comes up. You're punishing people based on an immutable personal trait that they have no control over. If this was something being done by Planet-of-the-Week aliens the entire episode would be about the crew trying to show how wrong and backwards they are. It's been forever since I watched the DS9 episode about it so maybe I'm forgetting some of the details, but it feels like they're going for a Don't Ask, Don't Tell analogy without ever really following through on it. And it's also been over a decade since actual DADT was shitcanned so it feels even more archaic now.

Maybe the SNW episode will handle it better, but I'm still happy for them to finish this plot line and move on ASAP.

I agree plus the fact they are denying people body autonomy in the current political climate in the US where women and transgender rights are under attack is a real albatross around Treks neck.

Watch it quietly rolled back in canon.