Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Trump gonna self infect on live TV to show how strong he is. But the secret is that it going to be one of his clones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andenno
May 1, 2009

I've been struggling with family disagreements over contact too. I like the phrase, "loving detachment." At best, you really care for them but you can't be responsible for their actions.

On the other hand, they sure as hell can't tell you what's right for your family. Establish your boundaries, and do not budge, do not debate!

It's easy to just do what others want. You're having a hard time because it's hard to go against the grain and do what's right.

Andenno fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 7, 2020

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

zer0spunk posted:

The greater concern at least in the field I work in is jobs leaving for safer areas globally. If production moves to canada people are going to try and abuse the system to get travel exemptions if their livelihood depends on it.

I have more sympathy for people who are in a situation where their livelihood depends on it even if it is stupid and dangerous. You'd hope that people who lose their jobs would have the support they need so they didn't need to cross borders but yeah we live in hellworld so...

Cruise tourists on the other hand are just selfish and governments should definitely ban them. We've already seen how cruise ships turn into plague ships several times.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

beer gas canister posted:

Michigan is starting to reopen now and it's not looking good. MI had one of the strictest lock downs and reduced the curve dramatically for a while, but now people are sort of going apeshit, eating in restaurants, no masks, etc, and poo poo's going to get bad again fast. Strange to see how people have become blasé about it so quickly, like the early success is going to sabotage everything now.

This is exactly what happened here in Ohio too since we've idiotically been about a month ahead of y'all. Things were mostly under control in late April or early May but now our new cases are starting to spiral out of control because no one wants to wear a mask or not drink at their favorite bar. :hotpickle:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

central dogma posted:

I'm the single-color heatmap.

A single-color proportional symbol map mislabeled as a heatmap no less. Have you no shame, sir?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

This is exactly what happened here in Ohio too since we've idiotically been about a month ahead of y'all. Things were mostly under control in late April or early May but now our new cases are starting to spiral out of control because no one wants to wear a mask or not drink at their favorite bar. :hotpickle:

https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1280566660471164929?s=20

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

just order the whole goddamn state you idiot midwestern mouth breathing idiots

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FullLeatherJacket posted:

i feel like being made to stay in finland forever is punishment enough

I'll have you know that being born in Finland is like winning the lottery.

According to our government.

Fader Movitz posted:

Why would they allow cruises to sweden? We're the covid capital of the North. I totally understand why other countries ban our tourists. I think most people are fine with not being allowed to go on holiday in another country this year except politicians and media who are really mad at not being allowed in.

I think they're only doing cruises to Estonia right now, but traditionally Swedish cruises are also a big thing.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 7, 2020

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Are the non-reuseable paper masks better or worse than a cloth mask that I wash every time I go out? Is there even a significant difference?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

boar guy posted:

just order the whole goddamn state you idiot midwestern mouth breathing idiots

It's just virtue signalling. Makes the idiot libs in cities happy, and the chuds get to crow about how it's just the lib cities who have the covid.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

no thanks, you couldnt pay me to take him

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Gone Fashing posted:

no thanks, you couldnt pay me to take him

they meant fire nurge (from a canon into the sun)

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1280569291969114115

i want to be the editor that chooses photos to go with articles

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 7, 2020

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Let’s peep these comments, probably some good poop in there.

Yep there’s poop.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Ahaha, some of my wife's family lives in Huron county and the people they know are all chuds. This'll be fun to watch.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hell yeah, good job Butler County.

... I'm so glad I already ordered some new masks to stock up...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Texas is looking pretty good.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A friend just admitted to me he’s been seeing our other friends we have in common without me, all this time

Like since the lockdown, they never stopped

They just didn’t tell me because they knew I was taking this too seriously

:11tea:

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/1FXgCwz.mp4

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

A friend just admitted to me he’s been seeing our other friends we have in common without me, all this time

Sever from the stupidity.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

This same thing is happening to me. OK well I hope those beers were worth it, see you on the other side I guess

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

It's far too late for anything to matter because our dumbass state opened up everything from restaurants to bars to zoos to offices far too early. Maybe if DeWine didn't arbitrarily kill the lockdown order back in May then maybe we wouldn't be totally hosed!!

Also my girlfriend let me know earlier this afternoon that her sister's boyfriend was probably exposed to COVID through a positive worker at the restaurant he works at. I'm in contact with him and everyone who lives in their household most days of the week including the entire 4th of July weekend, so uh, near certain probability I have Coronavirus and so does my girlfriend even after we took extensive precautions so that's cool. loving love America. Best nation on this dying gay earth. :911:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 7, 2020

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So I've been looking, and I can't find any cool masks for sale that have, like, a mouth design on 'em. Dorky superhero faces or pop culture ones would work. I'm just bored of having a plain blank mask. Anyone know of any good websites selling masks like that?

Edit: Redbubble is a bad site, and isn't Zazzle also bad? And nothing good pops up on Etsy.

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 7, 2020

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm getting an antibody test this weekend on the halfway reasonable chance I was asymptomatic, but I'm probably just going to get a lethal virus and live if I'm lucky because I'm a healthy, active person. But gently caress this horrifying country we call loving America. :argh:

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

rotinaj posted:

So I've been looking, and I can't find any cool masks for sale that have, like, a mouth design on 'em. Dorky superhero faces or pop culture ones would work. I'm just bored of having a plain blank mask. Anyone know of any good websites selling masks like that?

Edit: Redbubble is a bad site, and isn't Zazzle also bad? And nothing good pops up on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/812397441/radiant-smile-face-mask-for-woman-funny

Might wear this on top of my beard

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
In my circle of friends, some of them have seen eachother during lockdown, but actually followed best practices of staying outside and socially distanced. Basically just drinking beer on the same lawn, at a 10 foot distance

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Perhaps sharpie’ing “gently caress Trump” on your mask would be a good idea? Also, you can get high on the chemicals.

I'm getting an antibody test this weekend on the halfway reasonable chance I was asymptomatic, but I'm probably just going to get a lethal virus and live if I'm lucky because I'm a healthy, active person. But gently caress this horrifying country we call loving America. :argh:

Will your estate have any property? We’re looking to pick up something cheap near Columbus.

j/k, stay safe cough drop ghost

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

rotinaj posted:

I've been buying mine from Upper Playground

https://upperplayground.com/collections/hat-accessories?view=list

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

rotinaj posted:

here u go :nws:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

MarcusSA posted:

Texas is looking pretty good.

:captainpop:

Thankfully bars have been ordered closed again, after maybe 2 weeks, but not restaurants :frogdunce:

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 7, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Your friend is the guy in the zombie movie who hides a bite.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Huh, Ruthie’s. That place is like a mile from me. Maybe I should try it.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Oh poo poo I completely forgot to check UP. Thanks. It’s been interesting to see boutique places start rolling out their own masks.

Coal might be another good one to check out, rotinaj. https://coalheadwear.com

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Meanwhile, elsewhere in America:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
7 days after my test, I finally get my results back and I'm negative

But I've still got a sore throat, though the cough is mostly gone. I guess its just allergies? Still gonna keep staying home, cause I don't feel like catching it

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Florida has 303 hospitals in total.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1280642647074488322

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

But the governor said things are better now than in March?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1280559927631773698?s=21

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Whatever happened with that massive pool party in Missouri on Labor Day weekend? Wasn’t it confirmed that a couple people w/ the virus spent considerable time there? Anything come out about a spike?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Dinosaurs! posted:

Whatever happened with that massive pool party in Missouri on Labor Day weekend? Wasn’t it confirmed that a couple people w/ the virus spent considerable time there? Anything come out about a spike?

Everyone either had, or got diabetes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1280651820461887488