Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If I stab myself with a dog coronavirus vaccine am I good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If I can still get into Madagascar, I'm way less worried.

For real though we keep having some pretty high toll outbreaks and isn't there something that's like every 80 years the world gets pounded with a really rough virus?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

This got brought up in the Disney thread, but the Chinese Disney parks seem to be down for the duration. If someone already dropped it at WDW or Disneyland, poo poo's gonna spread pretty quick. Any of the amusement parks, really, in Orlando or LA. No matter how clean they are, it's impossible to disinfect at that level of commitment.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

Look to your left.
Now look to your right.

If you are goon, you should see nobody

#petisland

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Kemp is sitting on his hands, still, in GA. We have over 111 infected in an explosion from 60-ish on saturday evening, if I recall correctly.

Abrams wouldn't have done this poo poo.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Augusta, GA area has Lots of national guard rolling in right now. Whole bunch of guns. :lol:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Harminoff posted:

Wisconsin new limit max of 10 people. All restaurants/bars to close at 5. take-out/delivery only.

Meanwhile, in Georgia and South Carolina: lol who wants to have a party we can still have parties woo hoo!

They're loving idiots. The loving south.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

935 posted:

Unpopular opinion - this will fizzle out regardless if drastic quarantine measures are taken or not because the infection rate is actually much, much higher than reported but the death rate is accurate, making this less deadly than models state. Please tell me what a moron I am for literally wishing death on people by saying these words out loud, shower me in graphs, etc. I know I'm going against the grain but this happens every single year. For every single infectious disease. There's charts and graphs from scientists that show why this one is the big one and it just never happens. It's already petering out in China of all places.

American deaths won't reach six figures and I'll :toxx: to it

If anything kills enough it eventually fizzles out.

This is not the yearly sickness that flops around.

This is like that thing's mom. And she's really loving mad because you slapped her kid.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The Walrus posted:

has chuck tingle written Pounded In The Butt By A Novel Coronavirus yet

he's refusing to profiteer from corona because he's a good guy

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

my local fb is literally calling the chinese "chicoms" and I got screamed at and called anti-american for telling them that's racist.

the south deserves this plague.

also rattlesnake isn't the most common of meats but you can absolutely get it in butcher shops and grocery stores in a lot of places so what the gently caress is he on?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

pahuyuth posted:

Hi fellow GA goon.

The Athens GA mayor has issued a "call to shelter in place" but it isn't mandatory. He also announced a ban on restaurants and bars having more than 10 patrons at once. All the local parks are closed too. Last I heard from friends in Athens there are 8 confirmed cases in the county.

So glad we have an idiot election-stealing governor in charge.

Hello fellow GA goons. https://www.facebook.com/groups/augustatoday/permalink/2810417235703260/ Augusta has 9 cases and growing. This is Augusta only. Plant Vogtle likely has tons. Fort Gordon has released no information but is holding multiple soldiers and not letting them go home per a friend in the hospital attending them. Good chance we're about go explode over here.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Katamari Democracy posted:

Can I join this group as moral support?

The admin is the one who was calling chinese people that rush limbaugh poo poo earlier, but it's public so you can see it without joining :)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Oh then nevermind. Also I bought you platinum. Seen you post and saw you were the only one kinda near me without one. Stay in touch.

E- Wait I did this wrong. I got you a code for one. Let me ask a mod for help to get you plat

Gosh, thank you. You absolutely don't have to do that. But yeah. I know there's a few of us over this ways and :love: you stay in touch, too. poo poo's gonna get bad here soon. We just topped 13k cases in the US.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

LA has reportedly locked down

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Okay it's no longer just LA and the bay area, all of California has a stay at home order now.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mozi posted:

this is a very good article to read if somehow your feelings of anxiety and horror are at a temporary low

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/the-story-of-a-coronavirus-infection.html

Oh my gosh I get my own number and everything!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Just a heads up for pet people, Chewy.com is currently really slow in fulfilling orders.

I ordered my food on Saturday. I got my orders yesterday. Usually it would have been here Monday.

All things considered, they're doing a wonderful job but yeah. It is a bit slower than normal.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

central dogma posted:

Police should not have the power to force people to stay in their homes, so I'm glad there's no enforcement policy (in regions that I know of).
Some people will not self-isolate. That's just reality. No one, especially here, is going to change that with their logic and reason.
The people who do self-isolate are measurably helping themselves and others, and that will have to suffice.

It won't and people will die because of it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sono posted:

The cats will eat 4 cans of wet food a day, since I just bought it, and then murder me painfully (and eat my face) when I try to switch them back over to the dry stuff.

But yeah, Amazon, free shipping, let the cats eat the UPS guy's face. That's a win-win-win-lose.

Do I need to leave the UPS guy in the garage for three days before I let the cats eat him?

No it's 3 weeks in the freezer to kill any diseases or worms, like any other raw-fed meats.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My throat is a tiny bit sore but I'm pretty sure it's from screaming to death metal in my car earlier on the way home from getting hay for my sheep. Catharsis, not covid.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Adding some info to the pile about chloroquin, Belgian pop star Stromae took some during a trip to Congo and it caused him a psychotic break and he almost stopped his career since because it broke his brain.

And that's a very rich person with access to the best doctors.

So yeah, Trump is an idiot

He's doing better bit by bit and has been active a little. Until then, I soothe my Stromae-less life with a lot of Tous les mêmes.

Mnoba posted:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

First recorded compassionate use of a drug currently in clinical trials remdesivir with good results. Very good documentation of the day by day slide of the virus. I'm sure its been posted it's from March 5th but just in case.

This very well could just be a one off, but if you have someone sick from this people need to know.

The studies are great. The problem is that studies aren't going to save people dying right now. And a lot of people who don't want to believe this is as scary as it is are citing them as proof it can be cured by a pill.

This is largely because they are idiots.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Annabel Pee posted:

Anyone else self-employed selling online? Etsy/Amazon/Ebay etc? My sales grew the last few days since everyones not at work and home, but dropped off a cliff today, nothing so far. Hard to predict if its going to go way up or way down in the next few months, hopefully up since I will be hosed if Post gets shut down.

no one is hiring right now worth a poo poo. I assume we'll see a lot more perk up when they pass this stupid bill.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

GA Total Tests:

GA total: 507

That's almost 1 in 6. https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/coronavirus-georgia-live-updates-whats-happening-today/ZJMR3KWY2ZEP7KSHYEHVVZCDEE/

Still no governor restrictions on gatherings, no forced store closures.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hey glad that plat got sent to you.

Our city has changed a lot. People in lines are more spread apart and people are wearing masks around here.

I've been looking for you everywhere. Thank you so, so much.

No one is doing anything different over here and it is super scary because of it. Schools closed. That's it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Adolf Glitter posted:

UK cases went from 4k yesterday to 5k today, fuuuck
(1035 new cases in the last 24 hours)

We here in the US will probably overtake Spain today for total cases.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

https://www.augustaga.gov/2785/COVID-19-Updates thank gently caress

these morons will NOT stay home no matter what and we're going to end up in martial law if this keeps going on

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I predict the first person actually shot at a grocery store because of coronavirus will be in rural Georgia

Is it gonna be me shooting somebody over dog food?

Ultimate Mango posted:

My bro was confirmed. He is one of the good guys, helping get kids fed who would not have had food during the shutdown. Apparently took three trips to the ER to get them to take him seriously about his symptoms. So instead of a little care and quarantine it’s full on ventilator in the ICU. I’m loving scared. And our other siblings are not in the same country as we are and cannot travel. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress. There aren’t enough fucks right now.

I'm sorry dude. I'm really glad he's got a ventilator though. Can you guys Facetime or Skype or something?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

d0s posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/business/coronavirus-ups-fedex-xpo-workers.html

lol I'm one of four people who has to continue working in my office (we are doing alternating 2-man work days) and one of the things we do is receive and ship many packages with all of these companies plus DHL and USPS

my mail lady isn't even wearing gloves she doesn't give a single poo poo

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

Biden and Bernie have been hiding out like the vulnerable old squishy men that they are

Bernie has been actively working to pass bills to get money to Americans and raised over $2 million for 5 different coronavirus-based charities in the past two days.

Biden hasn't been seen in days.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Justin Credible posted:

For whoever is keeping track of who gets the wall -

https://i.redd.it/k7w3xsk1r3o41.jpg

I write for TM-F (it pays good I don't want them to find me). We are being encouraged to write these because they're great traffic and, to be honest, it's a good investment frame for those who will have extra to spare (don't do this). I politely said I had other ideas and my editor was very sad. That's my take on it!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

monkeytennis posted:

Maccas is closing all its ‘restaurants’ in the UK from Monday. Maybe the idiots will finally begin to take it seriously now.
like, as in drive-through too? Or just eat-in?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I like that Johnny Hop map because I can scream "gently caress you!" at the county above me, which has 10 cases, and cheer at my county, which has none.

(we absolutely have cases they're just undiscovered 0 people have been tested and this is all the most stereotypical deep south red state area you've ever seen)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I’m living in self-isolation right now; my restaurant is closed so I’m taking the opportunity to restrict my behavior for the greater good. It seems like most people are (in my area of Chicago, anyway).
My mom is a 65-year-old smoker, and is insisting on going to work every day...AS A THERAPIST IN A RETIREMENT HOME DOWNTOWN. I literally cried last night begging her to stay home. She insists that there is absolutely no way this (very high end) facility can manage telemedicine, and that she’s fine because they take her temperature at the door and she “has wipes.”
What the gently caress do I do here? She’s pitching fits about me “telling her how to live her life.” I’m honestly thinking about calling her facility and needling them about telemedicine/nonessential personnel.

Boomer Remover indeed.

be walmart and take out a life insurance policy on her without her knowing about it

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

FriedMyBrain posted:

Can we add warm temperatures in spring that can stop the corona virus? https://www.technologyreview.com/s/615381/coronavirus-spread-could-slow-with-warmer-weather/

And surprisingly enough the Hydroxychloroquine actually works!!!! https://archive.vn/7n9W4

Give coronavirus a week at warm temperatures and watch it mutate like a motherfucker.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

Would a blood transfusion with a just recovered person make you immune? Imagine how much the rich would pay for that.

*sighs*

*pulls out the writing prompts notebook*

but yeah honestly if poor, cured people liver spared you from it suddenly a lot of people who were cured would suddenly be disappearing and liver recipes would be the new fancy poo poo.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Piggy Smalls posted:

Trump is going to reopen everything in 2 weeks. We are all dead lmfao!!

In 2 weeks things will be so dire that there won't be enough people to work

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

KakerMix posted:

It's this. Lots of people are corvid carriers but don't show symptoms. They infect people and you end up with people that test positive with the virus but never left the country or met anyone who had in the last two weeks before they fell ill.
They never show symptoms either.

And aren't there people who get it and just absolutely never get sick? They're just weird sleeper cell coronavirus folks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

My high school is about to be converted to a temporary hospital. National Guard is starting on it today. Crazy man

Don't worry disthread friend! There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, clearly they'll re-open April 1st! See ya real soon!

(The disney group people are getting to me, they are not okay upstairs)

E: SA thread is good stuff, but FB groups. woo.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mnoba posted:

lowtax has been eerily absent lately

he's been talking to folks on facebook because he's stuck in the house and I don't really blame him. That's a normal thing to do. It's what everyone else is doin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

poverty goat posted:

Should I call the cops on the beauty salon that's continuing to operate illegally next to my essential takeout spot? They pulled the curtains so it looks like they're closed.

I've called the cops on a half dozen businesses today (all livestock auctions) that are screaming "IT'S AMERICA WE DO WHAT WE WANT EVERYONE'S WELCOME" while GA continues to post huge increasing rates of infection and death.

My local, beloved drive-in movie theater (I can take my doggies with me and have picnics with them, okay?) shut down and I thanked them profusely and they sent me a free ticket to get in next time. I love them.