Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

remember to buy salt

what is it BIG PUFFY NIPS told me again?? always...put salt in my eyes

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
hey cool, it's where i live now

what do i win

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/nyregion/new-york-coronvirus-confirmed.html

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Flutieflakes017 posted:

Hahahahah, don't touch the poop. Let them keep buying all the Dinty Moore and Wolf Brand Chili. I'm loving this.

like all things pure and good, king of the hill ran this simulation for you already

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 9, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

lofi posted:

You didn't even go for Breathe?

Did breathe have a first person pov music video though?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Floodixor posted:

Jesus christ I went into work this morning and we now have 29 THOUSAND tickets in our support queue.

When I left on Friday we had 17k. That's an influx of 10 thousand tickets on basically 2 days. Fuckin wild. Normally that queue is around 1k. And a reminder that the context of this is at a support site for Airbnb. We're doing our best though! :phoneb: :phone: :f5:

Just set up an auto-reply system that responds to every ticket with "RIP"

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I goto the movies 3-4 times a month depending on what's out, which is doable since NYC has a bunch of limited releases.

I thought about going to bloodshot since it's the only thing out this month but the idea of catching a virus cuz of a bad vin disel movie being in my obituary is more possible shame then I can bear

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

lofi posted:

Here lies zer0spunk, in a better place now.

Yaldabaoth posted:

People still don't get that the masks are for preventing people who are already sick from spreading their germs, what makes you think they'll eventually learn how to wash their hands?

2030, America: A red sun slowly peaks over the crest of a burned-out horizon. Dust clouds kick and sway in the rotten air, slowly followed by the thunder of engines.. It's the WASH squad and they are here to make sure YOU WASH YOUR FUCKIN' HANDS, or it's the cages with you and your family.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 9, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I'm less afraid of catching it than just being homeless from losing months of work. I can't work from home and today they said this-

quote:

On Monday, MTA Chairman Pat Foye was even more explicit at a press conference to discuss the agency's coronavirus response: "If you don't need to take the subway, don't do it.”

It's only a matter of time before they start pulling permits and then all my industry gets screwed union or not.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

quote:

12:15 p.m. The first patient with coronavirus in New Jersey spoke out to CBS New York. James Cai, a 32-year-old physician's assistant with residences in Manhattan and Fort Lee, said he was not a smoker and has no underlying health conditions. He believed that he got it while attending a medical conference at the Times Square Westin.

In the interview, Cai said, "The virus is everything. Diarrhea, watery eyes, shortness of breath, chest pain, you name it. High fever. Every day is getting worse."

He added, "People have to take coronavirus seriously. It’s very serious."

bro, chest pain and diarrhea at the same time is just plain hosed up.

just like "please lord let my heart not explode and they find me on this toiletbidet"

Play posted:

vaguely reminiscent of that dude headbanging in the street during a hurricane

I couldn't decide if the caption should have been "NYAHHHH!" or *highlander theme starts*

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 9, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Shaocaholica posted:

Did Thanos snap apply to wildlife? What about plants? Plants use resources too. I didn't see anyone in Endgame complain about their pets or garden getting wrecked.

If this hits 50% mortality rate then we can officially call it the thanos flu ya nerd

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

quote:

During Monday's call, Messonnier turned most of her attention to older individuals, or those over 60, which are the most vulnerable to developing serious complications from the respiratory disease.

She said that those who have family members, friends or neighbors in that age range should understand their role in protecting them. "My parents are in their 80s," she said. "I’ve asked them to stick close to home."

you're all assigned (1) senior citizen

do not lose your assigned senior citizen

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

mike12345 posted:

Wet market sounds like cyberpunk poo poo where I can buy eyes and stuff.

cybervirus 2020 confirmed

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
20 people from march 1st to march 9th in NYC isn't terrible. I guess the real test is the third week of march.

Or if you're in the future like I am, also known as The Great Purge of March.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

thepopmonster posted:

2.2 cases per day? Not great, not terrible.

estimated population of 8.5 million

so 0.000235294117647% so far

i like my odds

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

monkeytennis posted:

Any tips on how not to touch your loving face all the time? Since I became conscious of it I’ve realised I spend about 90% of each hour playing with my beard or brushing my hair off my face

:negative:

remove face and place in dishwasher for safekeeping

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
permission to now call this hanks disease?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Traxis posted:

I have bursitis so my doc gave me a cortisone shot and prescribed prednisone, I'm going to die aren't I?

you got the hanx

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
tim hanx, survived by his sons
colon and white rapper guy

gone2soon

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Out of respect, we should pay tribute to some of his more famous roles.

Like the Captain in Saving Private Ryan
and Trips Baxter from Radio Flyer.

Phil in Philadelphia

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
what if this is the turning point and history textbooks refer to this period as post hanks infection (PHI)

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Disgusting Coward posted:

I have/had the roni. Got my official Yep, You A Plaguebearer talk from a doc on the phone today - drat near a month after my poo poo got hosed up. My little plague dot should be appearing in the UK tomorrow.

First symptom I noticed was fairly severe muscular and joint pain. Went to the gym, felt like someone had worked me over after s fairly light weight session. Woke up the next day, headache - mostly caused by fatigue and how stiff my neck was, super sore, feeling pretty damned cozy. Mild nose dribblin', light chesty cough. Over the next couple days got hotter and hotter and coughier and coughier and sorer, with my kidneys in particular hurting like an absolute motherfucker. Went to my bed on the Friday, woke up very confused on the Sunday, havingnhad a couple days of weird nightmare and the occasional "oh poo poo I'm drowning" panicky wake up. Fever sweats a bitch, tightness of chest a weird and unfamiliar feeling, absolutely gently caress that poo poo. Started to feel better, had a couple days of "aigt, just a cold, business resumes" and then BAM, back to fever and coughing and sissy bitch breaths. Repeat a few times, woo woo.

The roni seems to jam the door open for any old poo poo to come in and party with it, cause I also got some weird joint swelling, a bad batch of pinkeye and some kinda weird eczema looking poo poo that I am having good fun itching. Lower back feels stiff and achey, and getting weird electric shock feelings in my left leg when I cough - which is fun with a persistent cough. Assume this is a trapped nerve or some poo poo?

Eventually a friend called NHS 24 or whatever it's called now, went to see a veeeeeery well protected doc in a spacesuit who swabbed and took blood and scraped my throat. Few days later which I guess was today, got the Big Speech. Self isolate, warn every motherfucker you know, don't loving go anywhere. Had already self isolated, bored as poo poo, mostly flopping around coughing and being tired. Found out if I sit in a hot bath it eases the ol' chest. Have no idea whatcday/time suits happened on, since the days are merging and my sleeps an bit jacked. Got a buddy bringing me groceries. Feeling betterish now - less about to die, but still weak and fragile. Went for a walk (I live in a rural area, I wasn't gonna meet anyone to infect don't worry) and was aghast at the ding my staminas taken. Walked a mile, slept like some fucker had tranquilized me. Still feel warm, and the cough randomly comes back, but feeling better. Bless you Papa Nurgle.

The contract you signed by registering here means that the nearest member to you geographically is bound by law to come erase your browser history upon your death

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Disgusting Coward posted:

Think I got it off my buddy who's Chinese and was there. He was apparently someplace near Wuhan for new year.

nice, you got the OG strain before it became hipster

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

dr_rat posted:

Pangolin justice, harsh but fair.

y'all got any bats

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Hazo posted:

Ridiculous that dogs have a coronavirus vaccine before we do.

just show up in a dog suit and commit to it

rip all my work for the month of march..no it's cool i didn't need income only viruses. pay me directly in virii

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

unpacked robinhood posted:

All schools closed in France starting next monday

sacré bleu

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
broadway is shutting down for a month

bad day for poo poo white people like

e: anyone check on panera?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

A Grand Egg posted:
[Doctors waiting room]

Me: [chanting] pandemic, pandemic-

Other patients: pandemic, PANDEMIC

Receptionist: [pounding her clipboard] PANDEMIC, PANDEMIC, PANDEMIC!

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
statistically, there's gotta be people immune to this specific virus

what i'm saying is, i'm willing to shave my head and get a wheelchair

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

bird with big dick posted:

I’m in the susceptible age bracket plus my immune system is compromised due to obesity I just sat my 4 year old son down and told him he would be the man of the house soon and gave him the combination to the gun safe.

what was the next clue you hid inside the safe? treasure map? poem with a secret message in vanishing ink?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
i'm calling it right now, covid19 is going to be this years hottest halloween costume

the god drat onion beat me to this

https://local.theonion.com/i-can-t-wait-to-dress-up-as-the-coronavirus-for-hallow-1842271965

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 12, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
my new fav covid19 casualty

when the nba shut down for the season it ended up breaking the nba2k game since it pulls season data apparently.... once that vanished the game bugs out

quote:

The culprit is the NBA Today mode which lets you start a new franchise mode from the exact day it is in real-life. However, when starting it up, NBA Today tries to simulate games that don't exist, sending it into a spiral that ends up with the game crashing.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
it's officially a state of emergency in nyc. i wonder what i should do for the next 3 months of no work....is whittling a good indoor hobby?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
everything is canceled now

fun, canceled

hope, canceled

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Colonel Cancer posted:

Masturbation is ok tho

if you wanna give your dick covid19, sure

e: or vagina, its 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

r u ready to WALK posted:

this kind of bullshit, and yes you really should

hol' up

you believe that this:

the most commonly found shower head in existence is not sufficient enough to wash your rear end?

explain yourself

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Colonel Cancer posted:

You just need to push up against the walls and climb up horizontally until your rear end lines up with it

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Apparently if the man can't spray water with the pulsating setting directly into his anus, he just can't get it clean. I just spread my cheeks goatman style and use the old windshield wiper finger.

you guys don't hire a person on taskrabbit to come over with a powerwasher every night????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Nurge posted:

about the TP factories working overtime to try and meet the demand.

I'm picturing some really weird oompaloompas right now