Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

My neighbors had a huge party yesterday. Probably two dozen people there. It’s a shame; I used to think they were nice folks, but apparently they have brain worms.

I dunno. I’m a broke brained computer toucher so staying at home (more or less) for indeterminate lengths of time just doesn’t bother me. I can’t empathize with a need to socialize that’s so pressing that you engage in self destructive behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sekenr posted:

Yeah, pretty much.

Other great anti-viral strategies from our President:

pet baby goats

I think he might be on to something here.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I saw a goat IRL once; does this confer immunity against the virus?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

GolfHole posted:

i wonder if that lady got her haircut

Won't lie, I would like one right now. I wonder if hobo chic is in fashion...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

BRICKFACE posted:

Do it yourself, what could go wrong

But I'm not sure I'll get it how I want it...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bronze Fonz posted:

Time for shooters and hair cuts!

Like, spree shooters? I wonder if a pandemic would keep a spree shooter indoors.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bronze Fonz posted:

I've been growing my hair since I was about 16 and I only have to grab the end of my pony tail, grab scissors and chop off the part that's too long every now and then.

So the whole "can't go to the hair dresser" has been a major mindfuck to wrap my head around this part of regular life that's now missing for most people.

For me, the whole "want a haircut" thing is more "my bangs are in my eyes, it's growing over my ears, and goddamn it I actually have to COMB this poo poo before I go outside rather than it being a fraction of an inch long like God intended." But, y'know, I just deal with it. Looking like a hobo has never been more socially acceptable. I think.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bronze Fonz posted:

REMAIN INDOORS

Gotta go to the grocery store sometimes, friend.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rexxed posted:

If you're not grocery shopping in a hazmat suit are you really doing the pandemic chic?

poo poo, you're right.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I love an ice cold Mt Dew as much as anyone else, but it's going to be a long time before I touch a fountain drink again. Good luck.

Yeah, same. I feel like this pandemic is going to induce a bunch of hypochondriac behavior for years to come. Sort of like how survivors of the Great Depression had hoarding instincts that lasted for much longer than the actual depression lasted.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Saw a big line outside a barber shop when I was driving around yesterday. No masks. In close proximity. Never been more thankful for having a 100% remote computer toucher job.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bleusilences posted:

Why a line? Can't they get appointment?

Eh, if I've got nothing else to do I'll just wait at the barber shop for my turn. But, y'know, that's when there's NOT a global pandemic.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Big Beef City posted:

are you aware that whether you like it or not states are opening up and people are going to be going to utilize services they haven't been able to for a long rear end time, leading to lines, such as this?
because it's going to happen.

I'm not a huge fan of it myself, personally.

It's one thing for a state to "open up," but another for people to actually do the dumb things. I guess some of us held out hope that people had at least some degree of rationality and sense. I'm not sure what we were expecting.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Big Beef City posted:

What possible reason or thought process drove you to think "nope, THIS time these people here in my area will act in their own best interest without guidance"? Because I've got bad news for you about drat near literally every single possible choice given to any group of people ever.

Misguided faith in the long-term survival of mankind, I guess. I really want to believe we can make it. This is despite all evidence to the contrary. I am not a smart man, but I figure if I can do stuff, everyone else can too. It baffles me when everyone else just can't. By all metrics they should be more capable than I am.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rolo posted:

Is there a thread where goons talk about leaving the US permanently?

Anyone here leave for my pipe dream country, Canada?

Probably not a great time to try to leave, or go anywhere, really. Maybe in a few years, though...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Remember to hanitize your mitts after putting your PIN number into an ATM machine. Those things are filthy, and for all intensive purposes you could catch the rona.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The Walrus posted:

holy poo poo those people are so pale they are more reflective than the pool

edit: I don't like to be judgemental based on physical characteristics but seriously every one in the picture is so gross looking

Don't worry. At least in my town, the parking lot outside of a tanning salon is constantly full during the day.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Helios Grime posted:

I share a terrace with other apartments that has a grill. The amount of people that don't know how to start a proper charcoal fire is staggering.

Can you not get chimney starters there or something? Those things are perfect for lighting charcoal on fire.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xenocides posted:

We're all going to die. Good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

See, this is the kind of thing that's hard to understand. Most large companies with remote-capable office workers are taking a wait and see approach because there's no good reason not to be risk averse here. By delaying the best case scenario is they don't get a bunch of sick people (or people with sick families, which is going to distract them and will often cost the employer in healthcare costs). Worst case scenario, the employees are a bit less productive at home for a few more months.

They're in a hurry to open up to, what, prove some sort of point?

The psychology at play here is a mix of "if I can't see my employees doing work, they aren't doing work" and "my personal fiefdom is depopulated; I need to get them back here so I can personally oversee their yoke."