Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

are we all dead yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Despera posted:

its a process

wake me when we get there

naem
May 29, 2011

:black101::black101:

naem
May 29, 2011

Lacrosse posted:

If you live in earthquake country like I do you should have water enough for 72 hours per person in case water mains get broke.

In this pandemic you might want water around in case current sewage treatment is inadequate to kill the virus and they find it in the water supply. Enjoy those poop-virus electrolytes.

also a 5 gallon bucket with an airtight lid, and some cat litter (to poop in) (you poop in teh bucket and cover with cat liddar, put the lid back on)

naem
May 29, 2011

hallelujah posted:

chad wolf

dick pound

president donald trump
brought to you by Carl’s Jr. ©️™️®️

naem
May 29, 2011

I may have just bought a whole big bunch of dinity moore beef stew and some Tang™️®️

naem
May 29, 2011

I feel compelled to post my canned food haul for some reason. If nothing comes of all this then in a year or so I can donate a bunch of beef stew to a food pantry. Bushes baked beans are delicious fyi I’d forgotten

dried rice and beans were nearly sold out

naem
May 29, 2011

san francisco aka US ground zero

e: I have five pounds of rice and the same of dried lentils and pasta at the moment that should last like a week or two

ok now I want to horde carbs lol

naem
May 29, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Is that just for you?

yes lol, I also have my earthquake overnight bag for if my apt building collapses without killing me if anyone wants to see that

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Congrats on your epic farts if you end up quarantined. Old hurricane prepper advice: get a bucket of fried chicken right befire the storm hits.

excellent advice thank you

naem
May 29, 2011

my bug-out-bag™️®️©️ contains several ways to store and purify toilet water®️™️©️ (but of it comes to that i’m just going to go let the zombies bite me)

naem
May 29, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

You monster.

hey those in need deserve sodium and saturated fat just like the rest of us ok

naem
May 29, 2011

here is a relaxing video of some dad looking guy making bread in a log cabin to take your mind off the apocalypse https://youtu.be/XgNuPXIIvC8

naem
May 29, 2011

Delthalaz posted:

I appreciate the dog-food quality Hormel corned beef hash and Dinty Moore beef stew stowed next to $9 Rao's pasta sauce

I see you are a fellow man of taste

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

does anyone want to see my bug out bag (I wnat to show my big out bang)

naem
May 29, 2011

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i swear to god if there is a penis in it I'm gonna flip out

I’ll take this as a yes and post my emergency overnight bag I made in the unfortunate event than an earthquake/fire destroy my apt without killing me.

This doesn’t apply to the current “hide in your apt” scenario but I spent money on it and am incredibly boring so to justify that purchase here it is:

it’s just a sturdy backpack

-I have several ways to access, store and purify water. That metal X shaped thing is a “sillcock” heh for accessing commercial water mains, which should still have some water pressure left even if the pipes all burst.
-also several variety of tarp that can be strung up with rope into a lovely tent, or to wrap yourself up in like a baked potato.
-several ways to start a fire (in case I feel like directly starting a disaster myself)
-a pocket new testament to ward off vampires
-food
-clothes
-a metal cup to boil water in
-several other items, i’m bored of typing
-the pocketknife, lighters and crowbar are the only NSFW items and can be ditched when boarding a plane to safety or if they just suck to carry

this has been thing with forums user naem please hit that like and subscribe button

naem
May 29, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

I don't see any food in that picture

top ramen and instant mashed potatoes don't count

I thought I had some of that Mountain House Human Grade Dog Food in Pouches but must have eaten it all, now it’s out of stock everywhere and I’ll have to bring a garbage bag of canned food as I climb out the window wearing nothing but my beige Crocs®️™️®️

naem
May 29, 2011

The Walrus posted:

is it? I'm gonna be annoyed if I have to dehydrate my own meals for camping this year because jerks bought them to store in a basement.

I’m sure that they are furiously murdering and dehydrating cows right now to meet increased demand, they’ll be overstocked within a month or two when this all blows over unless it actually is the apocalypse in which case pthpthpthpht

naem
May 29, 2011

Rad-daddio posted:

I used to climb with a dude who kept canned cat food as his emergency food. His reasoning was that he'd only eat it if he really had to.

it’s probably all manufactured on the same machines but at least the people grade “food” has fewer metal shavings, sawdust and bone shards in it

naem
May 29, 2011

poverty goat posted:

TP-mania has reached america

that's enough TP for a family of 5 to use a roll a day, each, for 6 months

https://i.imgur.com/uXStlqT.gifv

naem
May 29, 2011

poverty goat posted:

The silver lining in all of this is that nothing matters anymore because soon we'll all be gone and all that was humanity will be swallowed by a dead, uncaring universe

I hope they don’t find out about my nine inch logn penis

naem
May 29, 2011

trip report: I had some of my canned beans and peaches i am so alone

naem
May 29, 2011

day 37 of no human contact: this blog unrelated to the coronavirus

naem
May 29, 2011

Dear Watson posted:

Why did they test a dog? Is this normal?

Bardeh posted:

He was feeling a little ruff

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

what is that sci-fi weapon??

naem
May 29, 2011

I bought more rice, the rice and beans aisle had been restocked from empty last weekend but was more than half empty already

I look forward to not eating all this rice

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

https://imgur.com/gallery/wDzRCbX

spicy memes

naem
May 29, 2011

oh boy a plague ship

naem
May 29, 2011

did that cruise line land in sf yet

naem
May 29, 2011

smoobles posted:

I bet they hide the body under a food cart, like in a spy movie.

imagine eating shrimp cocktails off the corpse cart

naem
May 29, 2011

hemale in pain posted:

i have an idea.... why not a cruise ONLY for people with coronovirus? free funeral at sea included

https://i.imgur.com/mgjX6xx.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/o7VAtJk.gifv

naem
May 29, 2011

quarantine cuisine

out of curiosity I boiled an amount of pasta, added one 2 serving 400 calorie can of Dinty Moore©️™️ brand “beef” stew, and a can of cooked sliced carrots from my goon pile.

it made a nice bucket of what I would describe as food, probably enough for a whole day

naem
May 29, 2011

Jose posted:

Canned tuna is loving disgusting is why

ahem

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756260

naem
May 29, 2011

lofi posted:

Also because they know everyone else is going to panic buy, so you gotta get some to be ready for the shortage. Tragedy of the commodes.

naem
May 29, 2011

is there a pew in your rectory or are you just happy to see me

naem
May 29, 2011

hot water- good for healthy

naem
May 29, 2011

lentils cook really easy it’s like:

-run lentils under cold water in a strainer a bunch and look for really small rocks or twigs since they came right off a farm

-put in your largest pot

-cover with a whole bunch of water, boil for like 10 full minutes

-turn the heat down low and put a lid on, stir once in a while

-wait all the waters gone ok, add more water

-wait, do I boil it again now? sure. right?

-ok turn the heat back down, lid on, stir

-ok it’s been like, 35-40 total minutes and it looks like mush and smells awesome, i’m hungry, is the rice maker done too? ok just, going to eat it now

-wow this is surprisingly good

-ok that one bag if lentils made like a fricken vat of cooked beans guess this my next 5 meals

- *two days later* WORLDS BEST BOWEL MOVEMENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

The Walrus posted:

quinoa has protein AND carbs you could probably live on quinoa and a multivitamin for a good while

rice and beans together have a similarly complete set of nutrients, i’m supplementing mine with delicious Tang©️®️™️

Mozi posted:

i had beans and rice for dinner last night and leftovers for lunch. still have 3-4 meals worth of it left

and this is just the beginning

thank god i also stocked up on hot sauce

buy several flavors of soup bouillon cubes/powder/that paste in a jar, also some curry powder, also onions/garlic/olive oil. Now you can flavor your beans/rice a half dozen different ways to trick yourself into eating the same thing every day

e: P.S. store your precooked beans and rice separate from each other in the fridge and only put them together in the bowl when you eat them, they’ll last a few days longer

P.P.P.S.S. cook a bunch unflavored, keep in the fridge, then add “flavor” separately to each serving, you just have to microwave some and maybe sauté up some onions fresh to put on

naem fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 10, 2020