Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

bollig posted:

Flying internationally tomorrow. Europe to States. So I can't wait to be stuck an ocean away from my cat while the world wheezes to death. I was honestly hoping to age my way out of vulnerability of these flus. Basically if you're young you're hosed.

Weeeeeell. I got bad news about getting old(er).

I went to a convalescent home today for work (in the US). They had signs all over the place: "We are experiencing an outbreak of respiratory tract infection. Please wash your hands, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and feel free to wear the face-masks provided."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Civilization runs out when the TP ends.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Hazo posted:

While that confirms the virus doesn’t like heat, that article says it dies in 136 degrees for 30 minutes. I’d really like to know if more “normal” summer ambient temperatures could have an effect on suppressing it.

Quick! Everyone get a warehouse job in Florida! The heat lasts all night long.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

Five guys MAGA and lies

I ain't reading eight more pages just to say this is great. This is good, bigly.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Vashro posted:

Wait you can get your sick sucked at the store? Sounds essential

Through a hole maybe. Use your imagination about who is one the other side. Kinda hard when you hear the click-clack of dentures being set down on concrete. Hell, guess that sentence works two ways. Gummin' is lovin' !

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Subvisual Haze posted:

Are you using an oral thermometer? The temperature it records will increase or decrease depending on you drinking/eating cold or hot things before measuring. Apparently the forehead/temple thermometers are the most accurate option currently, but good luck finding one as shortages and price gouging have hit them hard recently.

Weird related fact: there was a pretty good paper recently suggesting that average body temperature has steadily decreased from 98.6 in the late 1800s to 98.0 currently, probably related to us being afflicted by fewer chronic diseases and inflammation in general.

I can see that. I'm getting my temp checked multiple times a day with a temporal thermometer. My work partner and I are 24 and 35 years old, respectively. The people we serve range from 50-90 years old and their temps are in the 98-99 range while ours are low 97's.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm usually 97.5 unless i'm feeling like some classic rock then I'm 98.3 but you have to be 103.1 every morning from nine to noon for Crazy Xi and the Cough

I love this, just sayin'.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Whoria Discordia posted:

Yeah man, gently caress poor people! It's not like financial difficulties or housing insecurity is something that can happen to "smart" families. They should have just not hosed a few years ago if they didn't want a toddler during an unexpected global pandemic :smug:

P. sure that post is just thinly veiled racism. Check the rap sheet.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

loving love takis

I used to sell the things and always wondered who bought anything but Fuego and Guac. Goons. It's goons.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

From the Aliens thread:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Taken from Facebook, the person who posted this masterpiece for everyone on the internet to see, died a few days ago from covid-19. Dying to own the liberals cause they listened to Fox News or even the governor of Texas who literally asked that people be happy to die for this.

What a bastard. My aunt died in a cross-stitching accident and I lost a cousin and an uncle to macrame and tatting, respectively.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Spinz posted:

Gotta get fired or laid off. I also filed for unemployment for first time in my life last week and I'm 50. Not a moment's guilt here, just gratitude it exists.

You paid into to it for so long for everyone, including yourself. Get something out of it.

You're good people, Spins.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Sir Not Appearing posted:

WTF. You should just go ahead and call CPS. They can go ahead and put the kid in therapy since he now thinks he's going to be living in a wasteland made up of children with adult corpses covering the landscape.

gently caress all that noise. Buy him an account.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Spinz posted:

Well I picked the wrong day to catch up on all my projects

What the hell is a console?

Remember going to the library and finding orange on black text on a computer screen, with keyboard, in front of the card-catalog?

Imagine four antibodies on a cliff, Covid-19 works the same way.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

sincx posted:

Well, never say never, but other countries would do everything they can to prevent a breakup of the US because no one wants a dozen new countries, each with hundreds of nukes, to join the world stage.

IIRC, only two nations have willingly given up their nuclear weapons: Kazakhstan and South Africa. Russia and Israel still have 'em.

All hail SS-18 Satan.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Lol at the anti-vaxxer goons already declaring they're not gonna take the vaccine

Anti-vaxx should be ban on sight.

In other news, Florida has released names of nursing homes/rehab centers with confirmed cases of Covid-19. This is info that should have been made public immediately. The facilities have been keeping the poo poo secret for whatever reason.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The Fattest PI posted:

I got a sunburn on my nuts once.

The first time I went to the strippers I "won" a limo package, which I thought was a real thing and geez I'm so lucky. So a week or two later I used it, and part of it was this envelope full of coupons for poo poo. I made it my quest to use every single one.
One of them was a free haircut from a place. Turns out it was an ex-pro boxer doing the cut that was a cool conversation. The only other one I remember was severely discounted tanning salon.

I'm a half ginger pasty gently caress but I was doing it anyways. The chick at the front looked at me like I was a freak and recommended I do the minimum amount of time possible, which I think was 5 minutes in the bed.
I guess my balls had never seen the light before because that was all it took to burn the piss out of them.

I had a girlfriend who fell asleep in the tanning bed once. Not that I minded rubbing lotion onto her skin multiple times a day for a week afterwards, but she was squeaking and moaning in all the wrong ways. Kinda how I feel about this whole pandemic thing, or something.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The amount of money I’ve made at any given job has been inversely proportional to how much work I’ve actually had to do, it’s ridiculous. If I could make a decent living as an EMT, I’d still be doing it as a full-time job, but nope, I was making 11.33 an hour.

Holy gently caress, what?! You'd make more than that doing non-emergency transport. What the gently caress.
Did you have to pay for training on top of that?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Just want to be clear here, this probation is not because I support antivaxxers, anti vax is basically the dumbest poo poo on earth. Its because in a very civil thread you can't try to make a point without being an rear end in a top hat.

The person they were replying to has always been a stupid rear end in a top hat ITT.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

What’s “eatin size” for an opossum?

5-8 pounds, so just like cat.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Canada has had just over 100k cases the entire pandemic. Seeing the numbers from some of these states is loving insane

In these trying times, I welcome our cousins from Quebec to Florida. Come on down, you can eat at a crowded restaurant named Frenchie's! You can fly back home to see the grandkids on the weekend! Try the oysters! Forget to tip your server! Ïa! Ïa! Cthulu Fhtagn!

-this message brought to you by the Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Shaocaholica posted:

Isn't there a law against government giving a religious org money other than tax breaks? I know there's some degrees of separation here with the bank in the middle. Just tell chuds the government is giving money to jews and islams and they'll stop that right quick.*

*Don't give them ideas. They aren't good with ideas.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

central dogma posted:

Just lol if your car doesn't have a BSL-4 grade air purification system, an air lock, and gamma irradiation that activates between trips. If not, you may as well inject coronavirus directly into your lungs.

Also, you should be wearing TWO masks, you simp.

I found the perfect thing for that. Could also make a press transport to cover protests.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

smoobles posted:

Rental real estate is a risky business to get into, sucks that you're losing money now. Best bet is to cut your losses and find a more stable investment or job, this is gonna get worse before it gets better.

Exactly what their renters are probably thinking. I know I am.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Tagra posted:

Where is the goon that described themselves as a "sweat elemental" ITT. Are they still with us?

As a sufferer of hyperhydrosis, I identify with "sweat elemental".

Why? Do you need some sweat? I can turn off the fan if you need me to.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Fabulousity posted:

If this thing was a scenario in Plague Inc. you'd just have to click on the USA for your first move and sit back as the US government and American society wins the game for you.

However the U.S. doesn't have a monopoly on the stupid: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53622797

Funny you should mention that. I talked to my father the other day and that exact thing made him abandon his plans to visit people in Berlin, coming from the B-W/Bavaria border.

I tell the man about how it is here in Florida and he didn't believe me.

"What do you mean, people refuse to wear masks?", he asks.
"Yeah. It's a political thing, too."
"groan"

Feel like driving your parents around.

"Well, are you gonna go?"
"This truck ain't moving until your seatbelt is on."
"Oh! Oh yeah. I taught you that."

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Your momma gets around, huh?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mozi posted:

what was that old goon question-and-answer text about how easy it will be to invade iraq? i need it for a project

It's Grover, if that helps.

How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
Will Saddam be killed? Yes
Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years
Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 4, 2020

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

OMFG FURRY posted:

typing one handed while stroking a war boner

He's such a dumb motherfucker.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I've felt achy for the last little bit but no coughing, no fever, and I'm an enormously fat piece of poo poo closing on 40 so it's probably not COVID?

Same. I'm just a slightly fat pos, but I haven't been to work in over two weeks. The only thing getting exercised is my right elbow (I will leave that up to your imagination).

Lol, these fuckers told me they didn't have any work for the next two weeks, came and got the van, then haven't said poo poo to me since then. Would it have been so hard to fire me? Oh well, business had dropped off to the point I was only making 300 a week. We were doing non-emergency medical transport, so I'm kind of glad not to go into nursing homes anymore. I'm treating this as my quarantine period before I go back to working in grocery stores. Which will surely be better for my health.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

I feel you on the service job that doesn't/won't give a drat about your health.

They gym I lifeguard at is adding swim lessons back into the mix on Monday. During a period where they admit it's too dangerous to have lifeguards train together because of the close contact required. But dont worry they replaced that with a zoom call, so if someone needs saving everyone will be months out of practice(seriously, why are we open at all again?)

I'm trying to trade the job out for hopping in the cities fire academy. So at least there's a decent paying job on the other end if I can survive not getting drummed out by corona? I'll just hope this will be relatively over in 10 months and firefighters won't be dropping like flies to it anympre.

"Siri, I'm drowning!"

"I'm sorry, GLUB-BLUB-BUHH!!!, is not a valid command. Would you like me to cal 911?"

Brave motherfucker, huh? Fire department here is going day and night on EMS calls. Just sirens all the time, except when they run out of trucks to send. Private EMS isn't even pre-positioning trucks anymore, just back and forth from the hospitals.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

"Dozens" of Finns exposed to COVID-19 this week. How, you ask? Why, a corporate retreat at a ferry to Estonia and back! 81 people attended the corporate event, "two or three of them" were already sick and showing symptoms during the event, but decided to go ahead anyway.

Seriously, these motherfuckers should be going to jail. Literally.

If any are young enough to still be reservists, could the military go after them for anything? Degrading national readiness or something like that?

"Okay, we made sure you were treated and quarantined. Now we do two weeks of PT all day to make sure you can still serve. Sisu, motherfuckers."

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

People here sublet their food delivery gigs to undocumented immigrants who go around on rental bikes, it's very good.

We must be very close to delivering delivery personnel to each other. I've met people that rented a car out for someone else to work uber with. There is at least one company leasing cars to be rented out for someone else to use for uber. Doubtless, there is a company selling people's labor to operate the cars leased out for someone else to drive for uber. Uber-boros.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This thread sucks now. It's not a job counseling service.

Yeah. Can stop after we get to the well-pissing part?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

So my tiny state in my tiny place of the world is finally beating covid!! We went from 24 people dying daily to 1 in 24 hours!! holy poo poo!!!! ffffffffffffffffffuuucckk yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Take that first world!! HAHA!!

And yeah, that was loving sarcasm because the authorities are tampering with the numbers because they want to urgently open up everything and kill everyone. Rumors in the street is that lots of people are still dying, that they stopped doing a lot of testing, and some others are deciding to treat themselves in their homes instead of going to a doctor or getting a test. We probably just reached the "Meh, we don't give a gently caress and we won't hide it" phase.

Do you think the reported number of cases for the capital and capital region look correct? The list I'm looking at has the capital region 2nd in total infections and the next ten states below that are around 200 cases less than the state above it. That looks... suspicious.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

If you look at it, this door is in a school in Scotland

Double, double, toil and trouble;
Here's Anne Whateley to burst your bubble!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

Thou sodden-witted lord! Thou hast no more brain than I have in mine elbows!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lacrosse posted:

You can know the context of that quote and still think America is insane due to the fact that the teacher felt the need to even paint that on the door to begin with

If it's not from Edinburgh and the Lothians, it's just sparkling insanity.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

gently caress everyone in leadership. All of them are garbage.

God fuckin drat it everyone loving sucks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53994209?ocid=uxbndlbing

Add to the fact that she out of everyone could afford to have someone fuckin come to her house and do this poo poo.

They can't even be bothered to follow the rules.

...told Fox News...
...told Fox News...
...told Fox News...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

my brother is going ahead with his wedding :shepicide:

and im a groomsman :negative:

Would this be a bad time to admit you've been smashing out your future in-law? Man, bro's gonna be pissed. Might save some lives though.