Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
This better loving work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

serious norman posted:

Lol a dying. What a noob.

cucked by a microbe.

The mystery virus driving your convertible and plowing ur wife and taking your kid to baseball practice.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

Y’all got any suggestions for an updated thread title? I didn’t even click in here bc I hate nihilism. Op you can pick

Coronavirus with a twist of lime?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bardeh posted:

https://twitter.com/DarrenPlymouth/status/1220427053717250050

uhhh wtf, obviously there's no proof this is all recent footage, but it loving looks like it

jesus

That's scary. Hope it's not real.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bardeh posted:

looks yum

That bat looks smug.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
So, how long should I expect to hole up to wait this out once poo poo gets really bad?

I wanna be ahead of the masses, but not so much that I'm wearing a full hazmat suit to Walmart until it's absolutely necessary.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Its only caused like 6 epidemics. Seems like an over-reaction if you ask me.

"I bought some koala meat there, and it gave my family SARS! If I could rate it 0 stars I would!!"

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
So, how concerning is it that an entire flight was re routed to a military base for quarantine in the USA?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

so, the common belief is that the dead number is probably much higher?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

EvilJoven posted:

IDK burt the commercial for your cruise doesn't look that fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xB2miroJU

I saw this movie when I was like 5 years old.

Man, my parents sucked

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Mozi posted:

like what? "a hundred people came into X and X hospital today, 50 tested negative and then we ran out of tests, so.... let's call it, maybe, 30 infected?" i don't see how that's any better

it's ok to accept uncertainty. certainly there are many more dead and sick than the official numbers, but that's just because of the nature of how they are counted. i do believe the math people when they said a week ago there were high five figured infected and that's also valuable information. i just don't need there to be some great source of truth that is being hidden from us

and yes there are additional issues where in China the cause of death for a lot of these probably won't reflect the virus which is annoying but apparently just how things are done there

i don't mean to diminish how awful it must be for many people affected by this, which could very well just be the start of a larger global issue (imagine if it was spreading in Bangladesh, India, African slums...). but everyone getting excited about the most extreme stuff getting tossed out online just removes us further from seeing what is actually happening in reality

Maybe they can just reuse some of the tests? :shrug:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Play posted:

i will give my body and life to the virus, willingly. this way it shall be appeased, and many moons shall pass before it requires another sacrifice

This is 2020, the exchange rate for human souls to godly intervention is way more than that.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
So, anyone have any good timelines for when/if this might start affecting vital services in the USA?

I'm looking to refit/resupply my earthquake kit and I figured I could beef it up a little.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

unpacked robinhood posted:

Make America Gangrenous Again

lol

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The French Army posted:

I am aboard this ship, ask me anything. Four Chinese nationals were sent to a hospital, 23 immediately deported.

Do you have life insurance?

I kid, but seriously keep us updated.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I wonder if i can dig out my old cybergoth mask from the garage and use that instead?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

stephenthinkpad posted:

What the hell is the point of expressing more concern only in private? This guy is essentially doing what the wuhan official were doing.

They probably don't want to be labeled as an alarmist by their peers.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

The viruses will fight it out to decide if you cough or poop yourself to death, Alien vs. Predator style.

Whoever wins....we lose.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
We need to dam up cspam so it stops leaking into my glorious GBS.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

bob dobbs is dead posted:

You will never stop my cspam posting and my gbs posting and my yosposting

Gws posting you could prolly stop me from tho

You don't have to stop, just categorize it better.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jamsta posted:

im all set

no piss jug 3/10

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Gearhead posted:

And, you know Bat Soup Fever.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

Not even close, only two samples were fully analysed and we're practically completely identical

"HKU-SZ-002a and HKU-SZ-005b differ from each other by only two bases. One of them is a non-synonymous mutation at amino acid position 336 of non-structural protein 4 (Ser336 for HKU-SZ-002a; Leu336 for HKU-SZ-005b; figure 4)"

Partial rt-pcr was done on 5 samples which confirmed it's different from SARS etc.

This paper literally states the opposite of what your saying. Your left and right but probably would differ more genetically.

due to your username I can't trust you.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Plant MONSTER. posted:

\

exactly! it bugs me so here are some rules I'll need all goons to follow

-wash your hands (w/ soap)
-drink juice and exercise and you'll be fine
-avoid licking door handles if you can help it
-it's viruses
-avoid rear end to mouth (or "eating rear end") while the virii are in town
-the boys are back in town
-the boys are back in towwwwn.

welp, there goes my weekend plans

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

RichardA posted:

So about people 78 of 1000 people will need a ICU bed. There are about 0.2 ICU beds per 1000 in the US and that on the higher end world wide.

What's the timeline for that amount of people? Is that demand going to be spread out over half a year or will it be over a span of a couple months?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
The only thing I'm investing in is shotguns, flamethrowers, bleach and water purifiers.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

i am harry posted:

Which are you going to eat first?

human babies, slow roasted over the engine block of my Cadillac.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

frogge posted:

It's a flat 69%.

(I'm guessing not far from the reported 0.2%-3.6%, age bracket depending.)

Isn't that the same mortality rate as treated Ebola?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Pick posted:

Why wouldn't you just poop into a paper towel and throw it out the window?

Sure, just make sure to nail some random rear end in a top hat with it.

Just 'cause the world is ending doesn't mean you can't have fun.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

I do not like your username

lol that goon gonna ruin your vacation

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Books On Tape posted:

Our plan is kinda one of stages.

1) Now: start slowly phasing in light social distancing and improved hygienic habits. View large crowd gatherings as risk/reward scenarios.

2) Spreading begins stateside: Telecommute. Shelter in place mostly. Social distancing and Light PPE when in public. Establish decon station in garage w/ crude "scrub station" to keep inside home "clear". Stage 2 bins with important personal items, have 2 large bins ready for clothes (Odds: Likely)

3) Spreading begins locally: Firm shelter in place. Stage clothes, supplies & be prepared to roll to a buddy's house on short notice. IF either of us needs to leave, full PPE and scrub in when returning home. (Odds: 50 / 50 of happening)

4) Quarantine / Instability: If we see threat of forced quarantine / local travel restriction / Localized looting, we will load clothes/supplies/weapons/personal bins into our two vehicles, secure the house, and relocate to a buddy's house about 4 miles away per an agreed upon plan. (Odds: Highly unlikely)

Secondary / Emergency Location: He, his wife, and 2yo son live in a 9000 square foot brick home in a very nice neighborhood. It sits atop a hill at the end of a cove with great sight lines in all directions.

He's in the military, is a weapons expert. He's got 2+ years of food, more ammo than we could ever need, reloading bench, a nice garden, honey bees, significant medical supplies, an extensive whiskey collection, roughly 500gal water storage (bottled, 2x 55gal drums, 4x water BOBs), plus rainwater collection system tied into his gutters and a large water purification system. HE is a "prepper", albeit a very normal dude. His wife is a military/civilian pilot as well. You'd never guess any of this meeting them or walking around their house, which is by design.

We will have 4-5 couples (all close friends) there to share watch/duties with plenty of bedrooms/space for everyone. Each would be coming in with ~2+ months of supplies. We could comfortably shelter in place for extended period there, and properly defend it if anyone who didn't prepare decided to get nosy.

After about three months. you all will end up eating/loving each other.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Someone create a shrink ray so I can go all microscopic and kick coronavirus-19 right in the dick.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

It's 2020, the Pope should be animatronic anyways.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

Like 4/5 articles on the AP news app are about corona Jfc

I got a fever, and the only cure is about a year away.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

pixelizedpope posted:

A series of bendy straws would allow you to get way deep into the lungs and would work better

Sucking the infected sputum out of one lung and into the other lung for safe keeping.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

unpacked robinhood posted:

I hope the bat flu takes out those retarded upwards blowing hand dryers that accumulate warm water at the bottom and spray poo poo fcuking everywhere.

James Dyson is a treasure how dare you!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Can I just assume that going to the gym will pretty much guarantee me getting this?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

wilderthanmild posted:

Clearly everyone is already dead

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
So, are things still really bad in China and no one is focusing on it anymore?

I saw something in my newsfeed praising China for it's quarantines and response and seeing how it's spreading in America there's no way China has everything under control like they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

lol at this commie bullshit