Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
So covfefe was a misspelling

Makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Here's a political hot take, and forgive me if I'm a loving idiot. The lack of public healthcare in America actually stymies the spread of the disease, as people who are too afraid of bankrupting themselves do not go to the hospital. They die in solitude, causing the coronavirus to peter out in the USA. In countries where healthcare is guaranteed, the hospitals are flooded with people, some are not even sick but pick up the virus while waiting thus causing the virus to spread like wildfire and wipe out their populations.

This unfortunately is totally negated by the working sick
:(

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Hungry posted:

One Olive Garden server is going to infect like 100 boomers/day.

This^
I worked in food service for decades
Everyone works sick until its either super obvious (then its at least 50% work if not front of house) or you physically can't.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

As an old one thing is different than before

(Adjusts glasses)
Now that we all carry cell phones which most of us don't sanitize because gently caress I paid 800 bucks for it, can't get it wet..

That fact alone would make some of us sick. I wash my hands 30 times a shift at work and handle my dirty phone all day. I think this huge change would matter in an epidemic.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Despera posted:

There is never going to be a doomsday virus. Anti-Virals keep getting better, quarantines are better enforced and the public knowledge/testing keeps improving.

I think this is incorrect. Granted I have no medical background but an airborne smth with a long asymptomatic incubation that was decently fatal would wreck absolute havoc until we stopped air travel and industry [with further massive impact from that] wouldn't it?

I've always been morbidly fascinated by apocalyptic stuff

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

GBS hates wuhan

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

gary oldmans diary posted:

they are basically inert until they haphazardly encounter the right conditions to inject their genetic info

How goons lose their virginity ^

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Philthy posted:

Make sure you go to Vegas next and lick all the spin buttons.

Holy poo poo this

JACKPOT

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

:D

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Today when I was asked at my new medical insurance clinic if I wanted the flu shot I stopped, thought a sec, and said if the doc thinks I should, yea.
She did
So totally due to the coronavirus I did not skip it.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say that everybody is extremely dumb about literally everything, and also state that on the list of people to make fun of emts should be bottom 5 because these people do one of the worst job on the planet and we all should be goddamn thankful that they do.

So true and for poo poo pay too

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Illuminti posted:

That has been precisely my point. I've not been the one claiming it's far worse than it is and highly likely to cause mass death. As I said earlier in the thread, it's not 1918 anymore and it's highly unlikely that any virus emerging in the modern era could achieve even a 10th of what the Spanish Flu did. And this one certainly doesn't seem likely to.

Still I made it about an hour into my two week thread posting embargo. Pretty good going.
Yes lol
Stay, its ok

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

This is starting to get alarming

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Man I'm dead because I really like keeping my lipstick nice
All of us women, dang
Makeup is nothing BUT touching your face

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

RIP Spinz I'll miss u

You too forum friend!!!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

If he lived in a Chinese major city his lungs were probably destroyed from the smog.

Like 75 percent of Chinese guys smoke cigs i think

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

so i have to go from columbus to chicago tomorrow. should i keep the flight i booked or rent a car and drive back? it’s like 1 hr vs 6 hours...

i’m probably overreacting but that box video spooked me and now i’m on edge

I would drive, honestly, because you can, its not too far.

Airplane is recirculated air.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

cda posted:

You should probably tell them that you will make a stink on every kind of social media if they do not refund

cda posted:

You should probably calmly explain that you are a moderator on something awful, and you can sticky a thread

:lol:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Son of Rodney posted:

I've heard rumors that Chinese people in wuhan are currently locked into a death match with roving gangs of wild pangolins, who push them to the ground with their enormous titties while coughing onto them. Millions have died so far in this struggle. They've also acquired boats and are currently looking for suitable cruise ships to board.

All of this might just be rumors but I want my fellow goons to stay up to date and safe.

:haw:
It begs to be painted

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Luckyellow posted:

Jeez I thought y'all were also following the other thread. My bad.

[/quote]

:aaa:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Burt Sexual posted:

Mrs sexual and I had a discussion and we’re going to go. I’ll leave my credentials by the door on my way out.

I'm doing that thread if you die, just sayin.'

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I was seriously sick last year for first time in my life so I bought a gold plan from Kaiser Permanente starting this January 1st. 25 percent of my total take home pay for that alone. I have had face to face time with a doctor for maybe 10 minutes from 3 total visits, and she was typing into computer screen during all of it.

Do I want Xanax? They will give me Xanax.
No loving thank you. Like, the one mistake I haven't made in my life is pills.

:d2a:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Bronze Fonz posted:

Not that I want to derail the thread further on this but I don't understand how american health care doesn't lead to massive revolt and hasn't already. It's absolutely loving bonkers.
Oh and sorry we can't cover the costs because of a pre-existing condition, which we should be insuring you for already in the first place.
Guillotines, as I said earlier.

Note
For right now they cannot exclude you for a preexisting condition thanks to Obama

Another reason Trump really REALLY needs to gtfo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Just read most of the c spam thread about this tonight, much more informative lol
But some real whackos too (and they diss GBS in there, so stupid)

The main takeaway is the length of time you are asymptomatic and spreading it may be 24 DAYS.

:aaaaa:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

doctorfrog posted:

does that informativeness come with any kind of a link to a source

Oh dang ok will look back hold

https://t.co/jqm2A59sFm

Spinz fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Feb 11, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I'm going to do this Burt!!!! working title is "The Bug Boat" but if you guys can think of a better one let me know

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Forgot pic :doh: ^^^^

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I read about pangolins prepping for a thread and this is maybe some deserved karma on us all, starting with China which makes sense, loving stupid woo woo medicine, for their near extinction

:negative:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Is it spread thru cannibalism of an infected corpse?
Probably
So yea, NK could take a big hit

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Nm
Lol

Spinz fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 12, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

If you get into this like I morbidly have the cspam thread has a lot more detail and links

Just an fyi friendly service message

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912152

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Mithaldu posted:

isn't cspam for poo poo-posting worse than gbs?

No. Nothing is more poo poo posting than gbs

All we DO is poo poo post here

Welcome

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Giggle

Sorry but this is hilarious
The CSpam Wuhan Flu thread I linked earlier today saying hey its good and has more detail etc.?

Now it's completely derailed into a slapfight with someone accusing a poster of being Guyovich a permad ex mod and admin iirc

Smh lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Burt Sexual posted:

Do not import cross thread drama/pandemic itt

Sorry for the cross contamination :)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I'm near San Diego and I'm like gently caress. The Mirimar quarantine is a joke from what I've read.
I'll get some extra stuff at Costco I guess, realistically what else can I do? Nothing

Logically this is going to hit the US hard but since we were all wrong about ebola and hurricanes and all sorts of poo poo it feels stupid to worry.
:shrug:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Peachfart posted:

We need more crazy stockpiling stories on this thread. Spill you crazy and paranoid goons.

I so so hope you are right Peachfart

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Hopper posted:

A picture of an apartment filled to the brim with toilet paper taken from a higher apartment window?

Lol yup

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

I do as well. wtf

pnumoman posted:

loving word nerds. Pangolin tits are that way, please suck on them until you get a fever.

BATTLE OF THE LURKERS ^^^^^
On page 123

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Burt Sexual posted:

We leave in 25 days.

If your wife has the flu right now you aren't going anywhere

Wth