Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Hey I work at a team that does support for airbnb and oh my god it's wild right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Sorry someone asked me to follow up as I'm on a support team for Airbnb and I'll say that in just one of the ticket queues only, we currently have 16,950 tickets. I can't imagine how much money they're losing off of this (technically it would be the hosts but it will still massively affect the company)

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Also no one share that info or they'll fire me

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

PastPerfect posted:

I was absolutely floored when I was able to get a refund out of them. I was about ready to take a $400 bath on my reservation on a stay in Milan last week. One call and an Email got me my $800 back.

I messaged the host before I contacted support. I got a half hearted attempt to convince me to keep the reservation. "I think that there is no problem for your helth [sic] to come to Milano but most of the place can be close [sic] "

I'm glad you did. A large part of it is that it's in Italy, where they've put some of the largest self-imposed travel restrictions out of any other country over it since they were one of the first reported locations. The kicker here is that you technically shouldn't have since Milan isn't in one of the affected regions for our policies (unless the host agreed to it, which would be fine and good

E: oh I suppose there's a chance that the host eventually agreed to it, but it doesn't sound like it after re-reading it. Hey, you lucked out!

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Jesus christ I went into work this morning and we now have 29 THOUSAND tickets in our support queue.

When I left on Friday we had 17k. That's an influx of 10 thousand tickets on basically 2 days. Fuckin wild. Normally that queue is around 1k. And a reminder that the context of this is at a support site for Airbnb. We're doing our best though! :phoneb: :phone: :f5:

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I think that's the best and most accurate emoji placement I've ever done in a poast

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Hadlock posted:

What's going to happen to the elderly care industry in 2021

Well, in a way, you're looking at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I work at a rehab and I was just diagnosed with COVID today. DANG IT.

I feel fine right now but I guess that could change.