Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I friend of mine living in the US told me his bus ride to work was almost empty, so was his workplace.

So has America gone from "it's just a flu" to "Italian quarantine" in about a week?

I guess since Americans are notorious for distrusting their govt, people think this is actually serious and take their own measures?

I'm in southern California and it's business as usual here. Traffic is still lovely, and all my 200+ coworkers are showing up every day. The only thing I've noticed is that stores seem to be sold out of disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer. My buddy went to Costco last weekend and said that they were sold out of bottled water (why? Are people scared their utilities are going to stop working?), toilet paper, hand sanitizer and...eggs :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Gonna head out to stock up on beer and ammunition brb

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

chinesemethdragon posted:

who was the rear end in a top hat with the beard and glasses that got incredulous about the woman's question about shortages? that whole conference made my blood boil but seeing as obvious a disregard for other people (one of many in that) really got me heated

That was me. Sorry, I'd been having a bad day. My bad.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

central dogma posted:

The article I quoted stated that the most common digestive issue reported was lack of appetite. This one says diarrhea. So not only do we have two contradictory articles, but they're both possibly wrong as well. Wait for an official authority to comment directly.

The same one you quoted also stated that only 7% of patients did not report respiratory issues. The goon I was helping last night had no respiratory issues, so likely no need to panic.

If you have a fever and respiratory issues AND diarrhea, go get tested if possible.

If you only have the squirts, try not to sweat it.

Edit: If you do have all the symptoms, call a health provider for directions instead of running out and getting tested, thereby exposing others.

According to this: https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03/dont-panic-the-comprehensive-ars-technica-guide-to-the-coronavirus/#h6
only 5 percent had nausea/vomiting and 4 percent had the runs.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

It is time to overthrow the US government. Patriots, step up.
(Sure hope the secret service isn't monitoring this forum. If they are, the above was satire)

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

This would be the shittiest bio weapon in the world, it’s way too spreadable. The crazy high lethality poo poo would make way more sense since it would create a panic and burn itself off out before it could blow back on your too hard.
*takes bong rip*

But if we can't believe the numbers that china is putting out...maybe nobody really died there.

Makes u think...

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Hazo posted:

New conspiracy theory for you to float to your family and friends:
Trump knew the coronavirus was coming, so he cracked down on vaping laws to keep people from having respiratory issues.

That would assume that trump actually cares about people and wants to keep them from dying. His behavior since this all began contradicts that.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Type 4 is the best log

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Gonna buy some #TrumpPills with my #TrumpBux

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Somewhere waaaaay back in this thread someone posted a link to a site that had a some good lentil recipes. Anybody still have it?

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Nurge posted:

I wasn't talking about medical workers. Don't twist my words. There are uses for the mask and that's working among sick people. It is complete nonsense for people going about their business if they're observing proper social distancing otherwise.

Have fun gettin the 'roni I guess lol

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Cuomo/DeBlasio need to publicly call on trump to come to NY and see the situation there with his own eyes. Most likely, trump will wuss out like a lil bitch, not go and he'll look even more uncaring and incompetent. Or he may go and then stands a pretty decent chance of catching this virus and croaking since he's an old fat rear end with the constitution of a 6 month old hemophiliac

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

has anyone seen rudy guiliani lately?

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

have we not cancelled zoom yet

zoom IS canx

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Sjs00 posted:

What was the second case

The other case was a preschool-aged girl who drank an unknown amount of hand sanitizer from a 64-ounce bottle she found on the kitchen table. Her family said she then got dizzy, fell, and hit her head. She was unresponsive when emergency responders arrived. They took her to the hospital via ambulance. She vomited on the way and was poorly responsive when she arrived.

There, doctors found her blood alcohol level was nearly 3.5 times the legal limit for driving. That is, she had a blood alcohol level of 273 mg/dL, where 80 mg/dL is the legal limit for driving in most states. Neuroimaging did not indicate traumatic brain injuries. Doctors admitted her to the pediatric intensive care unit, and she left the hospital after 48 hours.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

How many lives could be saved if twitter banned trump?

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Mainlining disinfectant to own the libs

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Uggh I injected some lysol and hydroxychloroquine and now I dont feel so good :(

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Xenocides posted:

You did remember to inject it directly into the kidney right?

trump said it was to clean the lung so that's where I poked it

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

I just like to piss

preachin to the choir here brother

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Shaocaholica posted:

I can’t believe Los Angeles is going to open at the end of June. It should be at least Jan 1, 2021.

I'm not sure that we really ever shut down. People on my street have been having people over, having pool parties, etc. A lot of people I know have been treating it as a government funded vacation.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Know what I'm concerned about?

OBAMAGATE!

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

More mask chat: I have a 3m 6300 respirator that takes 2 separate filters. Does anybody make some kind of 'block off plate' for the filter connectors? I'm thinking that I could block off one of the holes and still use a filter in the other, thereby decreasing the number of filters that I have to buy. Obviously, there will be reduced air flow, but I figure for doing non-physically exerting things like grocery shopping it should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

slow_twitch posted:

i went to schhol prirmarily to drink water/when i was thirsty

At school, I used to love to jam a stick into the water fountain nozzle and then break it off. The next person to try and get a drink usually got a nice blast of water in their eyes lmbo