Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I was in Toronto during the big SARS "outbreak" there, and will do the same now as I did then.

Which is nothing. No one there cared, everyone still took transit and went shopping. I saw one person in total wearing a mask during the entire outbreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

christmas boots posted:

Yesterday morning I saw my neighbor outside the building unloading luggage from a taxi. He goes to China on a semi-regular basis so he may have just been there. China's pretty decently sized and I don't remember which part he goes to so it's possible he's not infected, but realistically how much time to I have to live?

You're on the Something Awful forums.

You've been dead for years. Weighed down by the very posts you forged in life.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I'm so sorry, liquification of body parts means you've entered the final phase of the flu.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Just fly it over Iran and let the Wuhan Flu Bombs hit Tehran.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zotix posted:

A chart of international infections.

Buckle your pantalones

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sab0921 posted:

If a super spreader was at the Wuhan Airport, this makes sense

A super spreader? I highly doubt your mom was there.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

toggle posted:

Make a will

Because where there's a will, there's a way.

A Milky Way.

Please give me all your Milky Ways when you pass on, brøther.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zil posted:

So your saying we should start seeing death cults to Nurgle start popping up soon?

Some of you may have received the gifts of Father Nurgle already.

Blessed rot to you all, and tidings of decomposition during the season.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TOOT BOOT posted:

Do they have to be clean

I'd imagine if they were all munged up with taint butter or quim sauce that they'd filter even better.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Another Bill posted:

These are the assholes keeping me from airbrushing my warhams right now :mad:

Keep your mouth closed, shove wads of turlet paper up your nose.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

hallelujah posted:

a poo has emerged from my bum, repeat, a poo has emerged from my bum, over

We stand here, dazed by the actions of today. This... what's that? We.... weOHMYGOD. OH MY GOD! A second poo has hit the bowl, I repeat, A SECOND POO HAS HIT THE BOWL!!!!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Fartbox posted:

Even as we speak, there could be a rogue chinese in close proximity to your person

drat, I knew I heard something up in the attic!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Son of Rodney posted:

The important thing right now is to blindly panic and to let fear consume us.

*runs around in a blind panic, slamming foot into bed frame, wishing flu would now take me to end the worst pain there is*

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PyPy posted:

It burns when I fart. Corona?

When it burns when you fart, at the animal meat mart
That's Corona
When your visions starts to blur, after you've eaten bat fur
That's Corona
Alarm Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll yell "Please god help me"
Hearts will fail tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-DEAD
Like a gay Father Xi

Hey there man, if you can, but back in ol' Wuhan
That's CORONA!

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 1, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A Russian troll farm posted:

One of my coworkers passed through an airport in china the week before last, and on thursday morning he looked like loving trash. He was all flushed and sweaty. Shoul,d I quit my job and barricade myself indoors with enough booze and rice and beans to live for a month or two?

Why don't you barricade yourself with some good food. It's not the great depression here; live well while the world burns.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bip Roberts posted:

so should I try to get herpes real quick so I can get a big prescription for antivirals?

Consult your Herpetologist if you want a scrip.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I've never wanted to take a cruise, but the idea of going somewhere, by boat, always appealed to me. None of the planned fun or loving rock-climbing walls and gorge yourself buffets, but the sounds of the sea, the rocking of the waves, some simple galley meals, and maybe a good bottle of Scotch to pair with a book or two while actually transitioning from one point on the globe to another.

I wonder if experiences like that still exist/will exist in the post-Wuhan Renaissance.

Edit: I just want the Staten Island ferry, but with staterooms and the trip to last 4 days.

They don't, and never really did. Everything you described sounds great. Except you're satisfied with that after 6 hours. Now find something to do for the other 150 hours you're on the boat.

Travelogs from the age of ship crossings, ones from real people not writing fiction, talk extensively about the crushing boredom day after day.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Play posted:

i will give my body and life to the virus, willingly. this way it shall be appeased, and many moons shall pass before it requires another sacrifice

Papa Nurgle welcomes you into the fold.

This might be what kicks off Warhammer.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
General Bullshit > We Are All Gonna Die: RIP Burt Sexual

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sten Freak posted:

I can only imagine what the NK regime is doing to contain the virus.

Vaccine, delivered by anti-aircraft gun.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

coronavirus posted:

We Are All Gonna Die : Is Burt Dead Yet? - Cruise Virus Megathread

The virus rotted his dick off.

He's now Burt Incel.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Suspected case here in Vancouver now, from someone who was in Iran.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Willo567 posted:

So if/when this becomes a pandemic, what happens next?

I'm being serious here. I was too young to remember SARs.

Nothing. No one gave a poo poo about SARS outside of China.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Delthalaz posted:

What companies are big on manufacturing or distributing equipment for mass corpse disposal?

Soylent.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mithaldu posted:

bring a grill for on-board cremations

No need. Like car batteries, the ocean will accept any and all corpses tossed into it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Suspected case in Vancouver is now confirmed. Said they would send out personal emails to all those who they know were on shift when the infected person came in.

No emails in my Inbox yet, but I do have a serious hankerin' for some tacos. Was that one of the symptoms?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Two confirmed cases in Vancouver now. Second case was in contact with the first case. It begins...

Plus I saw them wheeling someone around on a gurney, in full contact precautions mode. Even getting everyone out of the hallway as they passed, which is not usual practice. Maybe they just had a bad case of liquid-butt, or MRSA, but who knows....

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Two confirmed cases in Vancouver now. Second case was in contact with the first case. It begins...

Plus I saw them wheeling someone around on a gurney, in full contact precautions mode. Even getting everyone out of the hallway as they passed, which is not usual practice. Maybe they just had a bad case of liquid-butt, or MRSA, but who knows....

Confirmed now that the two cases in Vancouver are at my hospital, and the person I saw yesterday being wheeled around was one of the cases.

Welp... nice knowing you guys. It's been a trip.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Shaocaholica posted:

Stay at home watching zombie and virus movies to get in that mindset.

Oh god, they're coming! Oh god no, the Millenial Zombies!! They will stop at nothing to satiate there never ending hunger for rear end! Run, RUN! They want to eat rear end, RUN!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Shaocaholica posted:

I’m going to sell personal force field generators for $2k a pop.

Sure, I'll take a copy of the D&D Dungeon Masters Guide, please.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Books On Tape posted:

Spent the last two days lugging thirty 40 pound bags of potting soil and compost. Was waiting for today, which was the last cold day forecast in the 25 day forecast. Was 32 this morning, but won’t dip below 40 probably until November. All 60s-70s forecast here. Spring is here.

So spent today planting. I started about 200 seeds indoors, and planted additional seeds today and fertilized vegetables that don’t need to be started indoors. All told, I’ve prepped the soil and potted or sewn seeds in two large garden spots I have on my property.

I’m growing:
Onions (yellow and white)
Carrots (multiple varieties)
Potatoes (multiple varieties)
Peppers (red, mild, hot varieties)
Leeks
Broccoli
Beans (multiple varieties)
Herbs (basil. parsley, oregano, rosemary)
Artichokes
Beets
Tomatoes (multiple varieties)
Raspberry bush
Blueberry bush
Strawberries
Swiss chard
Lettuce
Spinach
Eggplant
Brussel sprouts
Watermelon
Asparagus

Wife caught the prep fever and we got a big delivery from Costco with more staples for a long haul: toilet paper, pet food, detergent, toothpaste, and another 20 pound bag of rice. Plus, some canned chicken and canned veggies.

I’ve amended my workouts over the last six months from free weights to mostly do kettles, pushups and pull-ups, so as of tomorrow I’m bagging the gym workouts and getting a few more kettle bells for the home. There’s a four mile nature hike that goes through woods I can access from the house, so going to work out at home and hike indefinitely.

We’re basically prepared for a summer without leaving the homestead if needed. Hopefully won’t come to that, but feels reassuring. If there are any local cases, we’re pulling the kids from school and will cancel all deliveries to the home and hunker down. Our plan is to not get the virus until this wave runs its course, hopefully slowing down in the summer. We’ll spend a lot of time cooking lots of veggies, and by the pool.

Assuming there is a sizable surplus from the garden, we’ll freeze a good deal of that (have two good sized freezers) and give a lot away to neighbors.

Raiding your compound tonight to douse everything with my virus laden rear end plumes.

Also gonna spray paint "you fukkin nerd" on your Subaru Outback.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hadlock posted:

My copay for getting six stitches in my hand in the ER was $1000, total bill to the insurance company was north of $17,000 which they probably negotiated down to $8,000 or so

I can't imagine actually getting sick. I'd probably rather die than pay that bill.

Mourne posted:

Uh, yeah? Healthcare isn’t a right and if you want to be tested you’ll need to pay. $3500 or so for some blood work and PCR testing actually sounds like a pretty good deal.

It’s usually way better to buy aquarium antibiotics from eBay than go to the doctor, if you have any sort of bacterial infection. Dosage information is readily available online.

Lmao where do you live that you think you are *entitled* to see a physician or receive medical care?

Mourne posted:

I don’t have quotes, just anecdotal evidence from living in America my whole life.

If you don’t have insurance and seek medical attention you’ll be expected to pay out of pocket for your medical expenses.

Hospitals and their providers need to make money. That’s the system I live in. I don’t agree with it, but it’s the truth.

A 3400$ medical bill is getting off very very easy if you are uninsured and need covid-19 testing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

naem posted:

I feel compelled to post my canned food haul for some reason. If nothing comes of all this then in a year or so I can donate a bunch of beef stew to a food pantry. Bushes baked beans are delicious fyi I’d forgotten

dried rice and beans were nearly sold out

Enough cans for a good while.

Enough water for a day, day and half maybe. Good planning.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rinkles posted:

most households aren't equipped with food taps

Wait, are we allowing poors to post in here now?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

biglads posted:

It's all a conspiracy by Big Bean.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What does the CCP have to gain by lieing about disease statistics?

When has gaining nothing ever stopped communist regimes from lying about anything and everything.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

bob dobbs is dead posted:

it's basically a round of russian roulette for anyone over 75

So is everything.

Eating bacon is a round of russian roulette for over 75's. Going to the dentist is a round of russian roulette for olds. Blinking faster than normal is russian roulette for the aged.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

poverty goat posted:

Smoking yourself to death is not a quick, painless, or dignified death either

Once you get in the thing, close the door, and let the scents of the gently smoldering applewood chips take you away, it can be quite a pleasant way to go.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hadlock posted:

I think the silent majority's angel might get their wings and this is the event that pushes the US towards a remote friendly culture. Also makes it easier for management types who were on the fence before to experiment with WFH without the risk of it being their idea if it goes poorly

2008 was the event that sparked modern automation

2020 is the spark for the WFH movement?

2021 is when the country implodes because no one does any work when they're "working from home".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

madeintaipei posted:

Civilization runs out when the TP ends.

Speak for yourself.

Gonna be eating a fine porterhouse, garlic mash, sauteed veg, with some nice wine, while clawing vast handfuls of dook out of my rear end with bare hands.