Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Nurge posted:

One shining ray of sunshine today on the Chinese Flu front. Eurovision got canceled :woop:

One year's respite from the most obnoxious europop all the countries could scrounge up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I'm fairly certain that the preferred nomenclature is Kung Flu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Charliegrs posted:

LOL I just got one of those "Our response to Corona virus outbreak" emails from TurboTax. Get hosed TurboTax, you're the reason we can't have a simplified tax process like actual civilized countries have. The Fed knows what we owe or are owed, it's needlessly complicated in the US. Other countries they just sign a form at the end of the year since the government already did the calculations. And it would be that way in the US if TurboTax hadn't bought off half of Congress. So yeah they can go gently caress themselves with their fake concern.

My biggest beef with TurboTax is that after 15 years, they patched whatever security hole that was in their software that allowed me to torrent it for free from an offsite since 2005.

gently caress TurboTax straight in their rear end in a top hat.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

TheBuilder posted:

This thing really hosed up future threesomes and orgies

Teledildonics are the future!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'm going to Walmart later for grocery pick up. Hoping I don't get my neg hole pozzed.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

tater_salad posted:

I pulled into my walmart's parking lot.. and then left.. it was soo busy i didn't want to get pozzed.

Oh, I'm not going in. I ordered online and am just going to the pick up spot and they're bringing it to me. No way I'd go in if it was like last week.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Hell yeah! Harbor Freight is open even though all nonessential stores are closed locally. I needed some wet/dry paper and they were there in my time of need. However, I wanted a new p95 respirator in case I spray paint this weekend but it appears people bought all them along with the n95s.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Charliegrs posted:

Am I the only one having no luck at all getting curbside pickup? Like I go on the Walmart site and there are literally no pickup times available. I'm not having any luck with deliveries either. I'm in a pretty major metro area too.

I just saw this so I'm not sure if anyone else answered. Have your cart ready and hit checkout at midnight on the dot.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

bird with big dick posted:

I’m gonna use my Trumpbux as a down payment on a jet ski.

Hell yeah

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

gently caress yes! Free money. Might finally V8 swap my Jeep or turbo my Triumph.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Be careful with all atm and rear end action:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Cockler posted:

I'm homeless (and destitute on top of that) for the first time in my life during a global pandemic, it's been nice knowing you folks

RIP

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

So can anyone tell me if this is actually a thing or are these people well-intended idiots. We're in the middle of a pandemic and I have seen multiple Facebook posts of people posting things like:

"I'm hopping on my sewing machine and whipping up a few dozen masks to take to the hospital. It's the least I can do in these times!!11one #sewmastersdefeatcovid #itrulythinkihaven95ratedduckcloth"

My first thoughts are that I understand hospitals are hurting for masks, but they also probably aren't stupid enough to take masks made of Hobby Lobby fabric from some rando do-gooder who might have been exposed to COVID19 themselves or someone in the house where they were produced.

A local pharmaceutical company is testing workers and their spouses in a drive-thru testing facility and they are all in hazmat suits and the people stay in the car to get their nose swabbed.

I can't imagine hospitals taking masks made of duckcloth with sailboats on it and instead telling them "thanks, but no thanks" and pointing the people toward the nearest trash can or the incinerator.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Dr. Despair posted:

It's a thing, the hospitals here (South Dakota) are so short of masks that they're working with some people to get home made masks made now rather than later. I think they ones here are using them over n95 masks as a way to make them last longer, by swapping out the cheap fabric masks between patients and leaving the n95 on to try and minimize cross contamination (versus relying on the fabric as your only protection).

That makes much more sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Am I being too conscientious or what...I live in a 850 house community and the past couple days the big thing was a food truck yesterday and a cupcake truck today showing up at the clubhouse. It seems dumb as hell, but I also haven't eaten out since 3/13 when they let us out of school.

Hey, let's all show up to the clubhouse and eat food prepped by people who might be infected or maybe the other homeowners. What a bunch of dumbfucks.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

other people posted:

We had to clean our own apartment this weekend and it sucked. Like we didn't even know what half the bottles of soap/chemicals we found were for lol. I really think it is time we start relaxing the restrictions on movement; people can't live like this.

Although it's a gamble with the COVID-19, you could hire someone to work from your home and when they aren't masturbating you, they could read bottle labels during your refractory period.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

HoAssHo posted:

Does anyone else feel like a bougie piece of poo poo getting groceries delivered? Why am I making this person risk their life so I can have almond milk? Like I'm too good to get my own groceries. ugh. What if I tip really excessively to the point where it's almost a little patronizing? Will that make it okay?

I don’t do delivery, but I've been doing pick up for a year or so and now with coronavirus they just come about 10ft from your car, ask if you're cool with substitutions if there are any, they sign for you and load them up. Then, when I get home I wipe down the handle for the hatch with these medical-grade virucidal wipes that my wife got from work that kill the hivvy and everything else.

With that said, I do not feel like a bougie piece of poo poo.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Great decision by Burt. Thank you for your service.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

turd in my singlet posted:

wasn't there some "relief" bill in the works that was gonna make it impossible to sue employers over that

Did they all die?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Shaocaholica posted:

I don’t get how it’s still spreading so fast in the US that’s locked down. Who are these people getting sick?

Probably all the people still eating out. We've had 3 local restaurants close this after finding out one or more of their workers tested positive. And those are just the ones that are publicly known.

This also includes all the "food trucks are essential businesses"-people like those in our 850-house addition that keeps inviting them to sell food at the clubhouse so they can all congregate without social distancing while shoving piping hot covid down their gullets.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

unpacked robinhood posted:

Will someone explain why people in Tennessee wait in line around a building for fast food?

Same thing here in Indiana. Since schools were let out on 3/13, I pretty much only leave the house in a car once a week for curbside grocery pick up. Every time, every fast food place I pass on the way is wrapped around the building and I don't get it either. With most of the workers being under 25, most would be asymptomatic if they had it and then they're folding your burrito or slinging lettuce onto your Big Macs with the same hands they're coughing into and also the same ones they didn't wash after their last poo poo.

The Facebook page for the addition I live in is constant talk not only about the food trucks they keep bringing in so homeowners can all congregate around the clubhouse like a bunch of idiots, but also for the various food delivery services. Now, not only do you have some high school kid coughing on your food during prep, now you add another possible source with the DoorDash driver.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I can't believe that NYC and Florida are in a race to get their kids back in school. FL not as much, but you would think that Cuomo would understand that a big problem in NYC is population density with apartments packed to the gills with people and those apartments all packed into large buildings or high rises. Then, they go ride public transportation shoulder to shoulder and now Cuomo whose brother has the Covvy wants to send kids back into packed classrooms against the NYC mayor's wishes.

I've been teaching for 20 years and this time of the year is the hardest part to keep kids on track. You're usually hitting the last of the state standards you need to hit, completing standardized state testing, maybe doing a few "fun" assignments to take students outdoors for a period or two, reviewing for finals, etc. Their heads aren't in it on a good year let alone after being off for 5-6 weeks so let's send them back to school so they can also catch Covid on top of it.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 12, 2020

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Burt Sexual posted:

Not cuomo, some eduction admin

Oh, OK.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-city-public-schools-wont-re-open-until-september-mayor-says-11586613092

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Every time I flip through headlines, I see Bill Gates. Why is billionaire and known computer-toucher, Bill Gates a Coronavirus expert?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

food court bailiff posted:

He ran a big simulation on a coronavirus pandemic with a bunch of very smart people very recently.

Oh. I hadn't seen that. That makes more sense than just hey this computer guy is really smart let's ask him about a pandemic.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Gologle posted:

There a lot of poor people for whom $1,200 all at once is a big deal, and most of them are dumb and will go into a frenzy chasing short term pleasures instead of being wise about how they spend their cash.

Cigarettes and gaming rigs.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Son of Rodney posted:

Burt please probe trump bux chat itt and open another thread or something it's been nonstop for like 10 pages now.

We're going to use part of the $3400 to replace the shower stall in the master bath. I'm using a little on a new chain and sprocket set for my Triumph and going up a couple teeth on the rear so I can out accelerate rival motorcycle gangs when we finally all go MadMax. Might regear my Jeep to 4:88s because I've got a guy that will do it with my parts for $150 which is a great price.

You should go to a doctor and see if they have some meds you can get to improve your demeanor. Maybe a nice ssri cocktail.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Cthulu Carl posted:

Lol Ohio's going to reopen May 1st. Which is when the health department originally estimated cases would peak.

I wonder if they'll just end up with a second wave of closings when people go back to work and start getting sick and dying. I live next door in Indiana and while our governor is a shitbird (less so than Pence, though), we're not budging yet. Hopefully we stay closed longer.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Andrast posted:

I would think healthcare being unaffordable for the average person would also lead to a general strike but america just keeps on trucking

We already have too many homeless people.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Obeah posted:

Welp, my fellow gooners, it's finally happened. My goddamn mother's communal house is apparently under some level of pandemic-time scrutiny (though the specific nature of that scrutiny she herself does not seem to know), and as a result, the elders there have been divvying up the kids to send to houses outside of their property. I guess in case there's a CPS issue or something?

So now, mid-apocalypse, I have been saddled with a dumb ten year old with filthy hands and no common sense and apparently no family within the state that isn't currently living at the communal facilities. His first day here he was touching goddamn everything, so I've sat aside four pairs of nitrile gloves for him to use that we rotate day to day. He takes off the old ones when he wakes, we put them into their respective drawer, and we check off and move to the next day's.

https://i.imgur.com/W74CMw9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NWv6Kbq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3RoaWNp.jpg

Because those religious fanatic nutsos like to keep kids in the dark, I had to explain to him that likely every adult he knows will be dying within the next 2-3 years (whether of the virus itself, starvation, or the impending revolutions and riots), but that we could at least extend every meaningful person's respective lifespans a little bit by following basic loving common sense procedures.

And he's been good at that for the most part, admittedly. He cried a lot the first few days or so, but he seems pretty content to just lay around within the guest room now. He does keep asking about masks. We have two n90 masks that my cousin and I use about the house through most of the day (typical boomer uncle refuses to wear one except for when we send him out for groceries), and a loving gigantic stockpile of them we bought in February. Our mid-day rotationals have been hung up and had a warning sign placed above them so his grubby little mitts know to lay off.

https://i.imgur.com/2omXfIN.jpg

I still hate having a potential contagion in the house, but mom's gonna be cutting a check at the end of the month for us so it's whatever. Uncle has some recurrent cardiac issues, and I love him to pieces, but if he croaks, I'll finally be getting the bedroom with the en suite bathroom, limiting my chances of getting infected or, conversely, infecting the others.

I will say that reading this thread has at least made me happy to know I'm in good company. Stay safe, goons!

WTF. You should just go ahead and call CPS. They can go ahead and put the kid in therapy since he now thinks he's going to be living in a wasteland made up of children with adult corpses covering the landscape.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

bird with big dick posted:

You should edit the pic out before Burt wakes up but I gotta say that is the smoothest nut sack ive ever seen in my life.

That one was good, but the posts calling for locking the interstates down got me laughing so hard that I almost poo poo my pants. There's a whole lot of goons that should probably learn how manufacturing and logistics work and just because it's available in your state doesn't mean it was produced there or even in this country. How are you going to get your weekly case of mountain dew, test strips and insulin if it's not produced in your state. Oh, you're going to order it straight to your house? Guess how it makes to your house from across the country? They sure as poo poo don't fly it in.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rectal Death Adept posted:

do.....do you think people were suggesting that interstates be made impassable so that no objects of any kind can physically move from one place to another?

There's a lot of names in this thread I don't recognize so I'm guessing they're leaking out of D&D/C-SPAM, so yes.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My wife brought some medical wipes home from her last job. They smell strong at first and you're supposed to use them gloved, but kill hivvy and all kinds of things. We wipe all her stuff down when she comes through the door with one. Speaking of her job, it's been a weird transition for her as she has been thrown into procedures that she'd normally still be observing and they had her participating in procedures within the first week. Luckily, her area of the hospital is somewhat isolated and the patients they get are tested for coronavirus prior to surgery and rescheduled if they have it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

boar guy posted:

my gas station doesn't provide those so i just touched everything through a paper towel and then mercilessly sanitized my hands as soon as i got back in the car. gloves are sold out everywhere

the point is that yes, getting gas equals additional risk, so does getting coffee, grocery shopping, going through the drive through, all the stuff that people are still convincing themselves it's just dandy to do

I haven’t eaten out since early March, have gotten gas once (gloved, and wiped the buttons and handle down with virucidal wipe prior to doing anything), and I pick groceries up. They get loaded in, and when I get home all packaged food is wiped down with virucidal wipes.

I would love a gyro or a Taco Bell chili-cheese burrito about now, but I'm not risking my or my family's health to get one. We've had multiple restaurants shut down recently because they had workers test positive....after serving hundreds/thousands of people. I've already mentioned it before, but food trucks keep showing up to our 850-house neighborhood and sell out every time. We've been on our nightly walk a couple times while it's going on and sure enough, 80% of them are all just standing around no masks and grouped together talking.

The majority of people just don't take it seriously at all. My last trip to Walmart I had to go in because they've pulled toilet paper off the grocery app. I go in with mask and gloves, grab a 24-pack and head out. I could have counted the number of people with any PPE on one hand.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Bleusilences posted:

There is a huge issue here in Quebec in old folks home where there found a few places with cadavers and people caked with crass. It so bad that they sending doctors to do the jobs of nurses. Aside of that everything is going as plan but man this is grim.

quick edit: Also they test people postmortem for the covid compared to a lot of places in the world.

We had a local nursing home that made up our entire county's death toll until a few days ago. First, they reported 11 and within a few days they increased the count to 20 after testing them post mortem. Also, I've seen lots of stories about nurses who have straight up stopped showing up for their shifts at nursing homes.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Chomp8645 posted:

Gonna be honest, I wouldn't risk myself for the sake of some olds either.

Oh, I would have done the same thing.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Big Beef City posted:

Hold up a moment, had anyone else noticed this or done anything regarding this?

I heard some bros tried to promote this guy that cut his own hair but failed to generate enough traction after they failed to leave their house on the days that mattered.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Texas death number per capita is lower than that of Finland.

I think a lot of people don't understand the layout of Texas. Texas as a whole will be fine. It will be the few metropolitan areas that will suffer. It's a very large state with lots of area that is sparsely populated.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Time_pants posted:

Whew! Good thing a lot of people don't live in the metropolitan areas!

Interest rates are down. Good time to move to Bum gently caress, TX.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

coronavirus posted:

The only way this screen grab could have been better if the 2nd poster suggested it was probably a burst water pipe or something

You think our government is going to start feeding poor kids during the pandemic when they haven't made it a priority at a federal level to ever care about starving kids in poverty? I guess we can hope that states or counties will give a poo poo, but where are they going to get the money from?

Yes, I'd also like the magical third answer of "suddenly have a good welfare system in the USA this year" instead of having to choose between keep everything closed for 2 years or try to get kids back to school as safely as reasonably possible. Both those options are pretty horrible in their own ways.

Its stupid to pretend the only consequence of keeping everyone home is the inconvenience of being bored at home. There is immense suffering involved.

edit: I'm guessing if you are one of the goons that is ok with near total lockdown for two years, you aren't someone that is going to be homeless within 2 months if they can't go back to work, like literally hundreds of thousands of americans.

Every school system in this area is feeding any student 0-18 twice a day like many school systems across the country. The school system I teach in has a skeleton crew that is preparing meals and have multiple pick up locations around town.

https://www.fns.usda.gov/cn/covid-19/parents-and-guardians-waiver

Do you have another hill that you could die on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mozi posted:

please go away