Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

cat_snake posted:

My mom's an entitled one-percenter wannabe, who has a temper tantrum when anyone asks (not even tells) her to do something. So her response to limiting outside activity is "no, I just can't stay in the house. I want to go Target and Home Goods and walk around." She doesn't even need to buy anything...Now she's giving me the silent treatment because I'm not paying for my niece's dance lessons (which I've done in the past) that starts tomorrow because I said she should probably skip this session. But that's fine, I made an unfavorable comment about Trump the last time and got "He's as sharp as a tack!" Then my aunt the other day said, "look Trump made the stock market go up 1500."

I'm glad I live in a different state...

On the bright side your mom might not have enough lung capacity to kick up a fuss when she gets to the hospital and all the ICU beds are already full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Adolf Glitter posted:

Drop the self bit, I've played no part in the madness.

(Think you mean British by the way)

Considering Scotland and Wales are careening toward secession, I'd say he got it right the first time.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

11 days ago. Looks like we'll hit 200,000 in the next day.

That yellow line is, uh, sure something these days.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
I drive by that liquor store every morning and this message is not tremendously out of character for them.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

19 o'clock posted:

I love that their response was, "We're not racist, but...."

https://www.facebook.com/Union-Jack-Liquor-143586009008987/

"Our previous price for optimal profit was racist, so we made it more expensive."

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Mithaldu posted:

In the usa? Also, how do they know it was covid? Did they have samples or going by symptoms?

Yeah geez not to doubt you, spacetoaster, but that'd be pretty huge news if true.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for Coronavirus:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/05/bronx-zoo-tiger-coronavirus

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

I forget what step this was in the herd immunity plan

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

My sad sad so shameful solo meals I've been having in my poorly lit bedroom over the last five days have somehow became hot wings, rice, and an orange. I wonder how long I can keep this going before my digestive system tells me to stop.

What has everyone here been using to stuff their gullets with in these trying times?

Just made a loaf of bread for a dinner of grilled cheese and roasted brussels sprouts.

I make up for that relative put-togetherness by drinking an alarming amount

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Spinz posted:

gently caress
I quit smoking after 30 loving years right before a pandemic where somehow
SOMEHOW
smoking is mf protective
Just kill me fast God the irony is too much.

The insane part is I can't now, my mother would absolutely blow a loving gasket and I am at her house. Spare me the antismoking posts, I KNOW how bad it is. Let's all hope they figure out how to make what is protective from cig smoking into a pill or treatment or something. Jc I'm so pissed. 😑

This is....the opposite of true?

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Burt Sexual posted:

They aren’t offering it. Never have. Wife calling this week. They just get to sit on my $7k

Probably way late to the party on this but a cruise alone costs $7k??? For two??

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Mozi posted:

somebody please find the virus and tell it that this is all over now as it doesn't seem to have gotten the message

what the gently caress have i been howling at my neighborhood for if it doesn't even scare the virus away

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

zer0spunk posted:

anyone mention the EU travel ban for america?

I was thinking about trying to go somewhere for 2 weeks and change it up a little (somewhere remote or something that isn't nyc or just a different state) since i'm nearing 120 days of lockdown at this point.

I have an israeli passport too, turns out that's also either on the travel ban or about to be cuz of the surge. god damnit.

it also looks like a 2 week trip would be 6 weeks with 2 weeks of quarantine where i land and then 2 here. so totally pointless.

this year keeps on giving

We're all nearing 120 days of lockdown; maybe you haven't noticed that things aren't really getting better out there so it might be a good idea not to do a bunch of unnecessary traveling at this point

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

i am harry posted:

I can source quality ones through tattoo supply websites if you are in dire need they’re somewhere around $5 each

I just ordered a 10-pack from Staples for $35; arrived in 3 days.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh I guess they don't need to shut off utilities then because people do that by choice. Alright enough of the derail I caused.

stop talking for a while

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Can we just ban Dr. Dingle tweets from this thread already? If anything he's saying is worth posting, I'm sure it's been committed to the Internet by someone else I'm more likely to believe.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

OMFG FURRY posted:

literally bribing voters

Extorting, really

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

tangy yet delightful posted:

I would simply just not get the green part in my body.

I feel like the body should have a way of shutting that down

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

I wonder if this will happen in the US, too. our numbers have just been ticking up and up and the government doesn't seem to think a second lockdown is even a possibility.

In Colorado, where the first US cases of the new strain were found a week or so ago, we're going back down to color level Orange because restaurants are complaining people can't eat inside.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Fenarisk posted:

Wishing you the best.

If it's any consolation data is coming out of everywhere not the US that the vaccine is actually fine for pregnant and breastfeeding women and passes antibodies onto newborns.

Got any specific sources? This would be p relevant to me.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Fenarisk posted:

I'll contact our OB and see if I can get links.

Thanks, it's a question I'm planning to ask at our appointment next week but information doesn't seem to be super easy to come by.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

explosivo posted:

Gov. Wolf is easing the restrictions in PA today, I hate how this reads like a "Mission Accomplished" type message from him.

https://twitter.com/GovernorTomWolf/status/1366425935835201536?s=20
https://twitter.com/GovernorTomWolf/status/1366425939966590981?s=20

Don't worry, the fire department's on the way, I can hear the sirens, so it's safe to go back inside the house now!

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

I mean, if the vaccination rollout ramps up like they say it will by summer, then maybe it's realistic?

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hey guys? When does Walmart release new appointments? Midnight at that walmart's time? Or midnight eastern time?

Anecdotally, in Mountain time, I've heard that if you change your computer's clock to Eastern and check WalMart at 10PM, you get first pick of the next day's appointments. But I have never tried it myself.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
wait are piss fumes a known vector of transmission

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

busalover posted:

My father had his first shot of Pfizer last week, and seemingly no side effects. Is that normal? Or is the second one the heavy one.

From what I've seen the answer is *shrug*. Seems like response differs completely on a person-by-person basis.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
I've had a subtle but def noticeable metallic taste in my mouth since getting Moderna part deux yesterday afternoon, and finally decided to Google it this morning to see if it's related. I guess it is, which makes me feel better that it's not just me.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Spinz posted:

Everyone posting about you know not wanting to go to a concert or especially band practice is absolutely correct imo!

That is really got to be pushing it it's just not wise right now. I'm aghast really. I can't think of a more dangerous thing to do in a closed room that would likely happen at a school?? Choir practice I guess

That gym class game where everyone hides under a big parachute

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

11 hours, 30 minutes into moderna 2: I threw up on my sheep. I'm shivering like a leaf. 102.7 fever. metallic taste in mouth. gooseflesh everywhere. arm livid about existing.

I'm never cold. Never. 15 degrees and I'm out in a tanktop. This is crazy to feel like this but I'm glad it's kicking my teeth in. Please be done in the morning :lol:

I've got tylenol if I end up needing it but I really don't want it. I want this stupid thing to give me every single defense against this poo poo because drat few people are wearing masks again.

E: I keep losing track of time, too. Hour chunks are just disappearing.

A single tylenol helped me out tremendously. Then I slept for 11 hours and was fine the next morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Dick Jones posted:

Has anyone else who got their shots through Walgreens run into this?

I logged into my Walgreens account to see if I could reschedule my 2nd shot for something closer to 22 or 23 days but this page refuses to acknowledge that I got shot 1.

Probably just means they're not scheduling ad-hoc 2nd doses at this point.